Homecoming: Season 1 Reviews

• Apr 21, 2019

This was different, in a good way. Has an atypical cinematic style. Sort of retro-filtery, with odd focus and light at times, but all serving the ominous mood. Does a great job slowly unfolding the story and building tension. Julia Roberts is a turd in the punchbowl though. Just unlikable. A lot of this show is just her being miserable, or doing weird implausible things.

• Apr 14, 2019

This certainly was filmed in an interesting way that grabbed my attention at first but by the 6th, 7th and 8th episodes I found myself fast forwarding through forced suspense that was only suspenseful because of the music. Take the music away and you've got people wandering around slowly looking for... nothing. The reveal at the end? Not so revealing. By time it was over I realized I had lost my investment. Could have been 6 episodes long. Trust the audience rating on this one... and even that is a bit inflated. I think we're supposed to think we like it much more. The story was a bit of a disappointment. A+ for engaging in cool new filming techniques and devices. C for story.

• Mar 31, 2019

Loved this. Having a hard time convincing people to see this though. I am trying to spread the good word. I was completely hooked and hoping for a 2nd season.

• Mar 29, 2019

A compelling drama, but not without some humor that fits and moves things along. Anyone with a brain can see what is happening, but still we watch. Why? Because it is Julia Roberts and we are fascinated with her. Rightly so she knows what she's doing and brings it to us. We want to believe her.

• Mar 22, 2019

This is a home run for Amazon. Lots of Hitchcock effect; a persistent creepy feeling; just the right amount of view disorientation. The story is fairly straightforward (when you understand it), the acting varies. Roberts shows why she is a star but James is a powerhouse. Jean-Baptiste plays a very strong supporting role as Cruz' mother; we would have liked to have seen even more of her. Cannavale is good but I thought a bit one-dimensional; maybe that's intentional. I honestly hope they dont try a second season; this first season wrapped up nicely. I'm not sure where you would go from here, except maybe with entirely new characters from the same series of events.

• Mar 16, 2019

I'm not a fan of the visual choices they made to show the different time periods and (spoiler) but otherwise this is a great series. Tense atmosphere throughout and each episode left me wanting to see what happened next.

• Mar 15, 2019

really good. Julia is brilliant.

really good. Julia is brilliant.

• Mar 12, 2019

I cannot get into this show. It has gone from boring to super boring. Don't waste the time.

• Mar 10, 2019

So boring. I kept waiting for the big reveal, but it was obvious from the beginning what this was about. I just knew from the get go these two would hookup and they are mismatched. I'm no fan of Julia Roberts so i really need some good stiry and supporting cast. The inly one who stood out was Bobby Cannavale who cant seem to catch a good series. I hope he gets something worthy so we see more of him.

• Mar 04, 2019

Didnâ??t know what to expect and enjoyed it very much. Rooberts is mesmerizing and the story moves along well.