Marvel's Luke Cage: Season 2 Reviews

• Sep 07, 2020

Enjoyed 2nd season, wish there was a third!

Enjoyed 2nd season, wish there was a third!

• Aug 08, 2020

(both seasons) The intriguing storyline and good cast keep proceedings engaging. Also, the soundtrack is fantastic, some of the characters have interesting arcs and, probably most importantly, shows focused on black people, representing the culture, heritage and reality of black communities, can never stop being refreshing. Despite that, "Luke Cage" as a whole fails to rise above the tropes of the genre, undercut by contrived dialogues, predictable plot devices and mostly average fight choreographies.

• Aug 08, 2020

Just like the first season it was awesome

Just like the first season it was awesome

• Jan 18, 2020

This season's fatal flaw is trying to cram in as many (important) social issues as they could into a show that just can't hold them all. They manifest as inorganic dialogue between the characters and disrupt an otherwise proficiently crafted bit of escapism. If there is one lesson the show runner should learn from Jessica Jones it's 'show, don't tell'.

• Dec 24, 2019

Season 2 of Luke Cage is a significant improvement over the previous one. Luke Cage (played by Mike Colter) is as charismatic as ever. However, Mariah Dillard (played by Alfre Woodard) as the main villain is probably the best this season has followed by its complex and well-written story.

• Nov 23, 2019

BEST SHOW EVER I THINK MOST PEOPLE DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE CULTURE OF THIS STORY SO THEY PUSHED IT TO THE SIDE BUT THIS SHIT IS EVERYTHING YOU WANT AND MORE

• Sep 18, 2019

This second season was even better than the first one!

This second season was even better than the first one!

• Sep 10, 2019

Season one started off well then towards the end and up to half way through season 2 it took a turn for the worse. Too many story lines I just didn't care about (Dillard Family included) and characters that weren't worthy of attention. I don't know how they wanted us to feel about Miriah and her arc. What's with Misty's partner, terrible acting. I thought he was the director so he gave himself a part but no. At times I felt like I was watching a network crime drama complete with excessive filler scenes and bad acting. The series didn't need nearly so many episodes. The worst sin in my mind for TV is wasting the viewers time. It ain't all bad but not good enough.

• Sep 09, 2019

Painful to watch at times. Musical interludes. Characters flipping from one episode to the next. An ending that leaves the viewer completely unsatisfied. Marvel once again takes one of my favorite characters and craps all over him.

• Sep 08, 2019

It was hard going into this season knowing it was the last. I enjoy that Luke Cage struggles on the edge of good and that his advisories are equally complex characters. Alfre Woodward is absolutely amazing this season as Mariah who is one of the most interesting characters on screen. To see such a real, unflinching look at sexual abuse and how it changes a person was really powerful. And to see her sexy relationship with the younger Theo Rossi's Shades (also great) was another thing you don't get to see enough. Mike Colter is still great as Luke Cage and I especially loved the scenes with his father, the wonderful Reg E. Cathey. Simone Missick comes into her own as Detective Misty Knight dealing with the loss of her arm and with continued politics and drama in the police department while trying to get shit done. The Defenders crossover could have been better if it had been Jessica Jones, but Iron Fist is a block of wood and the lack of charisma is contagious - it's difficult to watch Luke "pal around" and try to explain privilege to the inept Danny Rand. I was also disappointed with the conclusion of the Claire storyline - completely contrived and the mention at the end was a total cop out. It's really disappointing that this is where this story ends - in moral ambiguity. I think the Hero of Harlem and his audience deserve more.