Ozark: Season 1 Reviews

• 1d ago

It's been a long time since I listened to a amazing show like this one.

It's been a long time since I listened to a amazing show like this one.

• 6d ago

It's slow going, for sure, and it maybe fails to stray too far from the standard crime drama, but still, Ozark just keeps gripping -- with a plethora a complex characters, some unexpected twists and two powerhouse performances from its leads (how about Jason Bateman!) more than paving the way for better things to come for the show, and hopefully the Byrde family.

• Aug 16, 2019

This show is trying *so hard* to be the next Breaking Bad. But, it's shallow, empty, uninspired. There's nothing to sink your teeth into. If you want to veg out after a long day at work, this might work to take your mind off your day. But if you're looking for great, even good, storytelling- this is not where to find it. It's like they looked at great shows and, instead of being inspired to create a beautiful story, they said "XYZ= critical acclaim and awards. All we need is XYZ and we'll have a great show!" There are no characters that are compelling, let alone likeable. It's all plot, and there's too much going on to dig in to some character development. And that's where they *really* messed up in presenting it as a "Fix for Breaking Bad fans". Breaking Bad, and it's even better (best show ever, imo) Better Call Saul, take their time. Somehow they were trying to copy a show that takes it's time, yet they missed that part. They rush, rush, rush. It's more about shock value than anything else. What a big disappointment.

• Jul 05, 2019

Ozark is on it's way to being the next Breaking Bad. Interesting plot, excellent acting, and compelling drama leave me wanting more after each new episode.

• May 21, 2019

This show is engaging, emotionally complex and intelligent. There's a level of sophistication to this show, both in the storyline and the way it's shot that had me gripped from start to finish. A must see.

• May 05, 2019

Great acting and objective of the script. The only downside of this great show is that you can tell it's not filmed in the Ozarks by the landscape (those of us that live in Missouri notice it very easily LOL). The show also does not go far enough in depicting the folks from southern Missouri. The real people of the Ozarks are even more crazy than what the show has the characters portraying them.

• May 03, 2019

Brilliant!!!! Just Brilliant!!!! Bingeworthy:)

Brilliant!!!! Just Brilliant!!!! Bingeworthy:)

• Apr 14, 2019

Good story, keeps me intrigued all the way through, good subplots

Good story, keeps me intrigued all the way through, good subplots

• Apr 08, 2019

Brilliant, gripping and beautifully shot. Great storylines enhanced by outstanding performances, in particular from Laura Linney and Julia Garner. I don't get how it only has 69% on the Tomatometer... deserves much more.

• Feb 12, 2019

Love this series almost as much as "Breaking Bad"

Love this series almost as much as "Breaking Bad"