Parks and Recreation: Season 6 Reviews

• Jan 10, 2019

THIS ENSEMBLE COMEDY SOMEHOW GETS EVEN BETTER. THE STRING OF GUEST STARS AS RESIDENTS OF PAWNEE HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT.(AND A SHOCKING CONTINUITY OF DETAILS UPON REWATCHING) , I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THE WAY THE STARS PLAY OFF EACH OTHER POEHLER+ OFFERMAN/ ANSARI+ RETTA/ PRATT +PLAZA WHAT A WONDERFUL COMBINATION OF TALENT

• May 12, 2017

The characters are getting their shit together, which leads to more sentimental material than in previous seasons. Still laughing my butt off, so I have not yawned yet.

• Jun 27, 2016

Parks and Rec grows more sentimental with age and in some ways sacrifices laughs for tears, but remains a fun way to kill twenty minutes.

• Jun 26, 2016

Team Knope continues to bring love and laughs to the screen. New insides to old as new characters keeps growing -- love, attachment and humor is always there for us. It's sad to see old characters leaving, but the show never lost momentum, it kept going -- and both Knope, Swanson, Dwyer, Legate & co are all superb as always. One of the best comedies! Overall personal rating for each episode: 74.4/100 Personal rating: 80/100 Critical rating: 80/100

• Feb 08, 2016

The show manages to stay smart and funny despite losing two cogs midway. These people feel like family.

• Dec 06, 2015

This season proves that Parks & Rec can continually deliver great writing and exceptional character work. Leslie finds herself in the midst of a recall election, while also dealing with the merger of Pawnee and their sworn rival, Eagleton. Meanwhile, Ann and Chris are having a baby, as are Ron and Diane. Andy must spend some time away from April, and Tom learns about starting a business. This season brings a number of great guest stars to the table. Billy Eichner is hilarious as Craig, the kind, but intense Parks employee from Eagleton. Nick Kroll is also funny as The Douche, and Jay Jackson is great as Perd Hapley. We also see Retta (Donna Meagle) and Jim O’Heir (Jerry/Larry/Gary) added to the main cast. Stand-out episodes include “Filibuster,” “Anniversaries”, and “New Slogan”.

• Apr 12, 2015

92% on my Tomatometer.

92% on my Tomatometer.

• Feb 25, 2015

Even though I know it really isn't the shows fault or anything there are only two reasons that this season only gets 4 and a half stars instead of a full 5 stars first reason is that Chris Pratt is absent for a good portion of the season but that's only because he was busy filming Guardians of the Galaxy so the show really couldn't help that and the second reason is that after episode 13 Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe left the series so they were greatly missed :(

• Dec 15, 2014

I feel like this show has sort of run its course in terms of ideas and fresh new jokes. I've always been slightly annoyed by Leslie's character, but I actually had to stop watching mid season because I could no longer stand her. This season continues to use the same 2-3 tired, annoying plotlines with Leslie that they've always done: 1) Someone gives Leslie some news, she acts irrational and neurotic for the first half of the episode, and then apologizes to the person(s) involved 2) The people of Pawnee are pissed off at something she did/didn't do. She gets on live TV, starts a speech and then stops halfway through and starts acting like an idiot. Ben comforts her. Somehow everything just "goes away". 3) She gets into some sort of contest with another character and it gets dumb Half of the cast of the show is either absent or "same 'ol, same 'ol". Just a really disappointing season

• Oct 03, 2014

Amy Poehler and Chris Pratt Great!!

Amy Poehler and Chris Pratt Great!!