The Path: Season 2 Reviews

• Dec 20, 2019

Frustrating. Don't like some of the new characters.

Frustrating. Don't like some of the new characters.

• Mar 09, 2018

Season 2 was pretty intense DEFINITELY worth watching if you have seen season 1 as story line pics up well.

• Mar 06, 2018

I am beginning to learn that maybe there is something to the "sophomore slump" meaning the second season of a show tends to not hit the same peaks as season 1. That isn't to say I haven't like the show, but you can see some changes that should have happened and didn't and some that didn't but should have. I want to say first of all that the acting is just as good, if not better. Aaron Paul is someone a person can identify with even more, Hugh Dancy is becoming more unhinged and the rest just flow together better. That being said the season was too long. They added three more episodes, but that just made the main point drag way too much. Instead of telling a story the writers had to fill time and that is what made it not as high up on my list. The single biggest plot issue I had was the disappearance of the whole investigating a murder storyline. I realize it is a little bit of a spoiler to say that, but there is absolutely nothing about it in the second season, as if the writers just cut it out completely. Maybe it will come back around in Season 3, but I doubt it. Pros: Once again Aaron Paul is great, the rest do well in acting. The character and actor for Hawk is just growing on me. Cons: Sometimes making a longer season doesn't make the show better. Too much filler means it takes too long to tell the story.

• Jun 24, 2017

I am so disappointed with this show. The plot is vague and everyone is sneaky. Eddie is the only one I like. The rest suck.

• Mar 25, 2017

A fabulous second season, expanding an already complex story that forces the audience to question the nature of their own belief.

• Mar 22, 2017

Not perfect but interesting and fresh

Not perfect but interesting and fresh

• Mar 11, 2017

After the first season of "The Path", I had both hopes and fears for the show. The "hope" part centered on the incredible cast and acting performances. The "fear" portion? Even in the solid first season, the show was carried by that acting. Plot-wise, it had a tendency to meander. Unfortunately, the fears outpaced the hopes in this Second Season, as the show merely treads water without any direction. I think the biggest problem with "The Path" at this point is that the best parts of the show were always carried by the tension between Cal (Hugh Dancy), Eddie (Aaron Paul), and Sarah (Michelle Monaghan). However, all the really good material was burned up from that triangle in Season 1. So, what is the path (pardon the pun) for the show to continue the greatness? Well, the "path" should be to double down on story/writing, but instead the show chooses to stick with the same formula, but just less of it. The Eddie/Sarah/Cal scenes are still great...but they are few and far between. The bigger problem is that the other material isn't pulling its weight. Hawk (Kyle Allen) had a very interesting plot line in S1, but here in S2 he almost turns into a pathetic character (one that is easy to hate instead of anything complex). Also, there is an added focus on Abe (Rockmond Dunbar), which has always been the worst part of the show (too police-procedural-ish for my tastes). They even try to give Abe a backstory to make us care, but it feels incredibly forced. Also, all the other ancillary characters in the Compound just aren't interesting enough to hold viewer interest. So, despite my love for the first season of this show, I didn't even make it all the way through this second effort. After 6-7 episodes, the plots hadn't gone anywhere, the characters seemed to be stuck in loops, and it became a chore to watch. Unless a major re-structure happens, I think this will be the end of "The Path". They had some good stories to tell and parallels to make with organized religion, but once all that good material was used up in S1, nothing has worked since.

• Mar 05, 2017

Great show. Suspenseful, great music and amazing cast. The writing really makes you think and we're enjoying the character development as they navigate through the craziness that is their lives.

• Feb 28, 2017

I liked the first season but now this series has become a soap opera that seems to get nowhere.