True Detective : Season 2 Reviews

• Aug 12, 2019

They really really tried with this one. It felt like they filmed the first draft of the script. Tons of potential, but what wasn't recycled from Ellroy's The Big Nowhere felt imported from inspiration without being refined into actual drama. Vince Vaughn was miscast. If they cut out Taylor Kitsch's character and Vince's scenes away from Collin Farrell and did another (or first) dialogue revision past, I'd probably add two more stars.

• Jul 07, 2019

Gorgeous. This is not the same creature as TD, season 1 - nor should it be - but it whispers in the same voice, the same artistry. I loved Lera Lynn's haunting music. For me, the final episode is what really elevated Season 2 … it was already gorgeous, but I felt it was just below season 1 in emotional impact. Then I saw Omega Station and everything changed. Intense, emotional, and unexpected without tricking the audience. Season 1 was folkloric, with a mythic vibe that you don't see often on television. It was perfect. Season 2 is much grittier and violent. Both explore human nature and frailty, things hidden in plain sight, and the inescapable past.

• Apr 12, 2019

gets a bad rap compared to season 1 but i found it be gritty, real and awesome

gets a bad rap compared to season 1 but i found it be gritty, real and awesome

• Mar 30, 2019

Just absolutely brilliant, much better than Season 1 and 3 in my opinion. Don't believe the fools who hate on this just because it isn't continuing with the Season 1 story. This is an Anthology and each season has it's own location, story and characters.

• Mar 24, 2019

Despite trying to shift the focus to the female role, Colin Farrel eats everything, bet per episode.

• Mar 13, 2019

I hate it. I loved so much the season 1, and was so disappointed by the season 2 that I stopped watching it after the second episode. I love Rachel MacAdams, but for the first time in my life, I thought she didn't fit the role. Maybe I was still mourning the end of season 1 and was expecting so much of this season 2? What's for sure, is that I skipped it and went directly to watch season 3.

• Mar 05, 2019

Really good writing/story. Just wish it had a happier ending.

Really good writing/story. Just wish it had a happier ending.

• Feb 23, 2019

70/100 I'm disappointed. The first season was really exciting, but this one did not really interest me.

• Feb 15, 2019