Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Reviews

November 12, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo this movie is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad don't watch it
November 8, 2017
Anyone who likes this movie is my enemy. If you are a hard and true Percy Jackson fan like me, this shoe makes you sick. Annabeths hair is supposed to be blond, and just by the way, they are supposed to be twelve years old. There is no way that they even look twelve in This movie. The plot is so far fetched, compared to the true story. If you didn't ever read the books, it's a good movie, I guess, but books are ALWAYS better than the movies.
November 2, 2017
i'm a huge fan of the percy jackson books and this movie is disrespectful to their good name. the director too the book ripped out all the insides and stole the title, the movie is nothing like the book. the movie was okay if you didn't call it percy jackson, its an okay stand alone movie, but calling it percy jackson and tricking fans of the books to watch it is just wrong.
October 24, 2017
So glad I watched this before reading the book. If I hadn't I never would have been able to sit through it.
½ September 24, 2017
Fun and refreshingly short, The Lightning Thief is filled with good action, strong acting, and Greek mythology fun. Unfortunately, it's unfaithful to the source material in almost every way. Changes like a main character having a different hair color, everyone being much older than they should be, and significant changes to the plot all prevent the film from being anything more than mediocre.
September 8, 2017
I forgot this movie....
½ August 31, 2017
A complete disappointment for die-hard fans of the book series. This is more like a fanfiction or ripoff compared to the rich and never-boring storyline of the original. Aside from that the film messed up significant aspects, such as adding the Pearls and the Lotus people, it is horrifying that a film can be so 'forgetful' to even missed the obvious previously-stated facts that our heroine Annabeth is blonde, and Grover the satyr is white. To be frank, if someone ask me if this film is good, I will reply, 'Everything is wrong with this, please go read the books first.'
August 18, 2017
Awful version of one of my favourite books.
½ August 11, 2017
This movie is nothing like the amazing books... VERY disappointed... Don't think the director even read the books before casting the movie -- just read a summary. If you are a percy jackson fan, DO NOT WATCH. Very disappointed.
August 1, 2017
I for one love this movie it's definitely captivating
½ July 31, 2017
This piece of shit should not exist, it completely ignores the book.
July 28, 2017
If it was not based on the books it would be alright. But as it is based on the books let me tell you it is nothing like the books and this makes the movie bad
July 15, 2017
my favrot movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 1, 2017
This is not the greatest movie but I was like it
June 7, 2017
IT DOESNT AGREE WITH THE BOOK!!
May 31, 2017
Weakly made and trying to cash in on Harry Potter popularity, Percy Jackson doesn't live up to either its source material or standards for a decent movie.
½ May 24, 2017
Couldn't even watch - so bad
May 19, 2017
One of the most aweful movies that i have ever seen and i am not saying it because i have something against the director or any of the actress, i am saying it because i read the book, the movie was lack of a lot from the main plot, they even made Anabeth with a brown hair and against Percy when they tried to catch the flags (face plam), like what even? also i am sure that even if i didn't watch i wouldn't have liked it because of the actress' bad acting and the prevert satyr.
April 29, 2017
The climax for this movie is great,but the movie just falls flat from there. Also some actors are good.
½ April 29, 2017
Don't. Just don't. You'll thank me in the long run. Waste your time doing something else.