Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Reviews

July 15, 2017
my favrot movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 1, 2017
This is not the greatest movie but I was like it
June 7, 2017
IT DOESNT AGREE WITH THE BOOK!!
May 31, 2017
Weakly made and trying to cash in on Harry Potter popularity, Percy Jackson doesn't live up to either its source material or standards for a decent movie.
½ May 24, 2017
Couldn't even watch - so bad
May 19, 2017
One of the most aweful movies that i have ever seen and i am not saying it because i have something against the director or any of the actress, i am saying it because i read the book, the movie was lack of a lot from the main plot, they even made Anabeth with a brown hair and against Percy when they tried to catch the flags (face plam), like what even? also i am sure that even if i didn't watch i wouldn't have liked it because of the actress' bad acting and the prevert satyr.
April 29, 2017
The climax for this movie is great,but the movie just falls flat from there. Also some actors are good.
½ April 29, 2017
Don't. Just don't. You'll thank me in the long run. Waste your time doing something else.
½ April 24, 2017
I'm sorry, but the movie does not do the book any justice. For a movie to be made from a book, the idea is to have it closely imitate the book as it can. Although I understand a movie can't have everything the book does, this is just ridiculous. The author of the books and the fans deserve more than this; to have your book, a prized possession, made into a movie is such a great opportunity any author would love. However, no matter how well the movie was made, the adaptation from the book sucked, and I would rate it zero stars if I could.
½ April 24, 2017
This sux ass compared to the books
April 15, 2017
Good god, I love the Percy Jackson books, their full of action, suspense, fantasy, character, and a lot of funny modern excuses to move the plot forward, but this movie is so rushed in every way. Its fast and badly paced, the script is not very good, I feel the imagination was lacking. The supporting cast have proven to be good actors also, but I don't think I found a single convincing performance in this film. I'd skip these movies and just read the books.
½ April 3, 2017
I can see why they didn't make the third book into a movie.
March 21, 2017
The one thing to call this film is a missed opportunity. This movie could have been wonderful. The source material is such an engaging read. But the film just turns out to be okay. I love Percy Jackson & the Olympians. It's my favorite book series. I saw this movie before reading the book. After I read the book, I liked the film a bit less than before. Source material is usually better than it's adapted counterparts, but this film fails at being faithful, right down to having the characters older. How is the coming of age element going to work if Percy's the age he's supposed to be by the end of the series? The film portrays Annabeth very differently from the novel. She seems more like a daughter of Ares than Athena. The plot and characters are also very simplified, as if the film is more childish than the book. How did Chris Columbus mess this up? Everything you need alright exists. All you have to do transfer it to film. Don't get me wrong. I know adaptations aren't always easy as some things have to be taken out but come on. Why couldn't Peter Jackson direct this? Okay, what's good about the film? The effects are decent, the acting is alright, and the film is a lot of fun. To sum it up, the film is okay as a stand alone movie, but bad as an adaptation. It's a missed opportunity for what could have been the first installment of an outstanding film series. The Lightning Thief is loads of fun, and I do enjoy watching it every now and then, but it could've been so much better.
February 27, 2017
A poor Harry Potter ripoff.
½ February 15, 2017
A strait up stupid screenwriting and bad dialogue and acting.
½ February 14, 2017
Absolutely terrible! They movies aye way of from the books in sorry, but it was a complete waste of money, though it was sort of ok
February 6, 2017
I'm VERY worried this adaptation will suck. I've heard it's VERY unlike the book. I'll wait to rent the DVD.
½ February 4, 2017
As a fan of the books, this movie is horrendously bad. From the crappy CGI to the fact that it forgot the source material, PErcy Jackson also suffers from not knowing it's target Audiance.
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 27, 2017
After directing the first two Harry Potter films Chris Columbus thought that moving on to this uninspired young adult shenanigans was a good idea?