10 Reviews

½ September 6, 2010
Wow, I saw this such a long time ago, I barely remember it, I should see it again, maybe it's better than I think?
October 11, 2010
I am surprised to see how much this film is underrated and not really appreciated as it should. Dudley Moore is great an actor as he is a comedian, and this is a hilarious story that takes a really honest look at the middle age crisis and inchoate yearnings.
cosmo313
April 9, 2009
A nice comedic melodrama with some good performances. It's not as good as some have hailed it as being, but it's good enough for a watch every once in a while. As far as cinematic midlife crises go, stick with American Beauty. It is rather dated, but because it is, it actually provides a nice look at the sexual excesses of an era before the AIDS pandemic- which I kind of liked.
½ June 29, 2009
I really enjoyed this film - the whole dream thing for Dudley followed by him actually managing to pull this lovely young thing... it's the stuff of dreams! It also shows that you should never give up on your dreams, but also that dreams are often better than reality (hence he ended up not going through with it) - it's a quality film that deserves more showings on TV than it gets! Of course the gratuitous nudity helped pass along the more boring moments.. and which red-blooded male wouldn't do as Dudley does? Telescopes are definitely NOT useless during the day despite what Patrick Moore might say! So, for sheer eye candy, coupled with getting an ugly man an attractive girl, this film is great to watch - plus it has many comic moments too of course! Marvellous!
Chiefilms
March 3, 2008
Hilarious moments in the film, not much depth though.
garyX
February 27, 2007
Dudley more was a very funny man, but god his films sucked. This mid-life crisis sex comedy is one of his better efforts, but it's still very run of the mill and forgettable.
deano
½ October 16, 2006
The funniest sexiest midlife crisis in movie history that made Bo Derek looked more hottest.
August 17, 2010
Blake Edward's Hilarious and scintillating, rich, and complex smash hit comedy. About a 42-year-old composer George Webber, played by the late Dudley Moore in a tour-de-force performance. George is going through a mid-life crisis, one day while driving through Beverly Hills, he glimpses at a passing car and spots a beautiful young women en route to her wedding, he becomes completely fixated on this young beauty, played by Bo Derek in her film debut, she is one of the most ravishingly beautiful women ever to step in front of the camera, and with this film became a world-wide sex symbol. Julie Andrews is superb as George's patient girlfriend, and the rest of the supporting cast all deliver exceptional performances they includes Robert Webber, Brian Dennehy, Dee Wallace, Sam J. Jones, and Max Showalter. Dudley Moore with "10" began a series of hit comedies that included Arthur, Micki and Maude, that made him into a star and a audience favorite. One of director Blake Edwards finest films. Highly Recommended.
November 24, 2008
Very funny 70's comedy. And Bo Derek, HUBBA HUBBA!!
chadroesti
February 22, 2007
Come on - Bo Derek when she was still hot
½ April 15, 2013
Not nearly as good as "Arthur", but Dudley Moore is great at playing selfish and depressed characters who you still can't help but love.
April 21, 2012
I really tried to like this movie but I just didn't. I found it quiet boring actually and not that funny at all.
April 29, 2007
This was the movie that made Dudley Moore a star in the U.S. He was already a star in England but not well known in the U.S.A. The movie also made Bo Derek a sex symbol. With one movie she bumped Farrah Fawcett from the number one sex symbol. I first saw this movie in Stillwater, OK while I was in college. At the time I thought it was funny. The movie is about an 42 year old song writer who is having a mid-life crisis after a surprise birthday party. The next day is sees a beautiful young bride on her way to her wedding. He becomes obsessed with her and follows her to a Mexican resort and finally meets her and finds out she's not all that he imagined her to be. Now that I'm over 40 the movie is kind of sad. The comedy is provided by Dudley Moore's physical comedy. There is lots of nudity which gives the movie an R rating. Lately they've been showing an edited version of TV. Without a nude Bo Derek there is not much point to the movie. That's really the only reason I went to see it in the first place.
½ June 22, 2010
She can't act woth a damn, but OMG she was hot, hot, hot....mmmm, Bo Derek. Otherwise the movie was just mediocore"
December 3, 2008
wow what a good flick....with an comedy movie of blake edwards who director with starring british-actor dudley moore the funniest i seen he acting crazy and also smokin blonde HOTTEST bo derek in it. so must see in "10"!
March 29, 2009
The quintessential Bo Derek movie vehicle, 10 came out just when trhe whole Payboy craze was really groovy and it was before the oversexing of TV. Blake Edwards made a fun movie for an eye candy flick. It weas epsecially interesting for young boys who got in to see it. Probably doesn't have much replay value though.
March 18, 2009
Just a man going through a mid-life crisis - rather boring. Though Henry Mancini's Oscar-nominated score is quite good.
April 9, 2008
This Movie is Dudley Moore at his best. One of those mid-life crisis movies where you watch him make most of the wrong moves, until it really counts. Julie Andrews does a better than average job in a supporting role.
½ December 3, 2007
Everyone talked about Bo Derek in this movie and no wonder why. Very funny and just good to watch (and I'm a female)
½ June 24, 2007
I thought this movie was funny. Although I didn't see it until it had been out for a few years. Still for Dudley Moore it was funny.