Arthur and the Invisibles (Arthur and the Minimoys) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arthur and the Invisibles (Arthur and the Minimoys) Reviews

December 1, 2016
NOTE: The following applies to the original 104-minute version, not this 10 minutes less crappy 94-minute version that people don't like:
Arthur and the Minimoys can't help but have a few awkward moments from time to time given the fact that Luc Besson knew nothing about animation before making this movie based off of his own books but the film's talented cast in both live-action and animation, 2006-ish visual dazzle and a fun amount of fantasy action and humour make for a reasonably entertaining family film.
October 9, 2016
Childhood favorite that still holds up today.
August 3, 2016
One of my deepest regrets of the past twenty-four hours is watching the 2007 edit of Arthur of the Invisibles, instead of its original version released a year earlier. At the least, the original could have offended me with racist and dark overtones, in a mildly entertaining manner. Instead, the edit is far too dull and inoffensive to entertain anyone other than the most inexperienced film viewers.
July 9, 2016
I thought the series was quite nice. Arthur landing up with Selenia makes for every schoolboy's fantasy. I wonder why they don't make more of this series..
March 27, 2016
Not sure about this one.
½ February 9, 2016
Passable fun that kids will eat up. Its nothing great but I must say I wasn't as bored as I thought I was going to be. It's a fun little movie that doesn't really bring anything new to the table but it's an enjoyable ride for sure.
½ February 6, 2016
This is a favorite of my kids - and fun for the grownups too.
January 25, 2016
What starts as a quirky and charming family film, with a whimsical realism akin to "Babe" or "Charlotte's Web", slowly turns into an obnoxious and grating test of all the senses. I couldn't tell if the fantasy fable was convoluted, badly told, or a bit of both, but either way the super flat animation and terrible voice acting were too much to handle. I wish the movie itself was invisible.
½ January 17, 2016
Eh there's stuff i like some stuff i dont like so yeah sort of mixed
January 3, 2016
This movie is just like epic it has a great plot line as well has love and comedy the one problem with this movie is the graphics they do not look good
December 5, 2015
Enjoyed this one. Nice adventure.
½ August 1, 2015
One of the worst movies I've ever seen! ??
½ March 19, 2015
Complete rubbish, storyline stealing from Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Bugs Life, Jumanji, etc. The worst CGI I think I've ever seen (was worse than a low quality tv show) and let's not talk about the accents (all over the place). What is unbelievable is the amazing voice talent they have (De Niro, Keitel, even Snoop Dogg, who can be pretty damn funny when he wants to be) that is wasted on a God awful script and hastily put together load of shit. Its like having all the winning lottery numbers but forgetting to buy a ticket...
February 12, 2015
This was a very well done fantasy family movie that had a great cast and directed by Luc Besson.
The animated sections of the movies are very unique looking and are done very well.
My daughter absolutely loved the movie and had plenty of action, adventure and humour to keep her attention.
December 24, 2014
I find this film fine but like many films like this it has faults though I find this is how epic got some of its inspiration, I hate one of the actors not for the character (though he is an anonoying stereotype) but for the actor all n all I love the story, animation, and Freddie Highmore a good job.
December 15, 2014
A good, funny family film that was edited for the U.S. release. I would like to watch the full original cut that was only released internationally. The film, both cuts, provides a good story along with good cast like young, imaginative Highmore, comedian Fallon, and other members of the cast. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
½ December 11, 2014
Ok for kids, nothing here for adults.
August 12, 2014
This movie is just like epic by blue sky and this is better. Talking slugs in epic is crazy. Love the main character and how he turns small.
August 8, 2014
Great Family Film! Can be thrilling for children aged 4-10 and also has some childish but funny humor. A must watch for familys!
½ July 23, 2014
A solid animated film. Being targeted at children was probably a mistake, however.