Arthur and the Invisibles (Arthur and the Minimoys) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arthur and the Invisibles (Arthur and the Minimoys) Reviews

August 3, 2016
One of my deepest regrets of the past twenty-four hours is watching the 2007 edit of Arthur of the Invisibles, instead of its original version released a year earlier. At the least, the original could have offended me with racist and dark overtones, in a mildly entertaining manner. Instead, the edit is far too dull and inoffensive to entertain anyone other than the most inexperienced film viewers.
July 9, 2016
I thought the series was quite nice. Arthur landing up with Selenia makes for every schoolboy's fantasy. I wonder why they don't make more of this series..
½ April 1, 2016
awsome. a human turning into a minmoy.
March 27, 2016
Not sure about this one.
½ February 9, 2016
Passable fun that kids will eat up. Its nothing great but I must say I wasn't as bored as I thought I was going to be. It's a fun little movie that doesn't really bring anything new to the table but it's an enjoyable ride for sure.
½ February 6, 2016
This is a favorite of my kids - and fun for the grownups too.
January 25, 2016
What starts as a quirky and charming family film, with a whimsical realism akin to "Babe" or "Charlotte's Web", slowly turns into an obnoxious and grating test of all the senses. I couldn't tell if the fantasy fable was convoluted, badly told, or a bit of both, but either way the super flat animation and terrible voice acting were too much to handle. I wish the movie itself was invisible.
½ January 17, 2016
Eh there's stuff i like some stuff i dont like so yeah sort of mixed
January 3, 2016
This movie is just like epic it has a great plot line as well has love and comedy the one problem with this movie is the graphics they do not look good
December 5, 2015
Enjoyed this one. Nice adventure.
½ August 1, 2015
One of the worst movies I've ever seen! ??
½ March 19, 2015
Complete rubbish, storyline stealing from Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Bugs Life, Jumanji, etc. The worst CGI I think I've ever seen (was worse than a low quality tv show) and let's not talk about the accents (all over the place). What is unbelievable is the amazing voice talent they have (De Niro, Keitel, even Snoop Dogg, who can be pretty damn funny when he wants to be) that is wasted on a God awful script and hastily put together load of shit. Its like having all the winning lottery numbers but forgetting to buy a ticket...
February 12, 2015
This was a very well done fantasy family movie that had a great cast and directed by Luc Besson.
The animated sections of the movies are very unique looking and are done very well.
My daughter absolutely loved the movie and had plenty of action, adventure and humour to keep her attention.
December 24, 2014
I find this film fine but like many films like this it has faults though I find this is how epic got some of its inspiration, I hate one of the actors not for the character (though he is an anonoying stereotype) but for the actor all n all I love the story, animation, and Freddie Highmore a good job.
December 15, 2014
A good, funny family film that was edited for the U.S. release. I would like to watch the full original cut that was only released internationally. The film, both cuts, provides a good story along with good cast like young, imaginative Highmore, comedian Fallon, and other members of the cast. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
½ December 11, 2014
Ok for kids, nothing here for adults.
August 12, 2014
This movie is just like epic by blue sky and this is better. Talking slugs in epic is crazy. Love the main character and how he turns small.
August 8, 2014
Great Family Film! Can be thrilling for children aged 4-10 and also has some childish but funny humor. A must watch for familys!
½ July 23, 2014
A solid animated film. Being targeted at children was probably a mistake, however.
July 20, 2014
The Arthur series as a whole is not the most inventive world as it takes many elements from films like ferngully and sword on the stone and doesn't do much justice with them. Some aren't really fully exploited from what they could have been. The villain of Maltazar for example has a detailed backstory with some tragic events. But we never see any of it and instead it's spewed as huge paragraph of exposition near the end. Some elements of the minimoys world is also brought up at times but never fully explained or seen either. Maybe only for the occasional establishing sequences but nothing well blended with the actual plot. It's a clunky mess at trying to create an engaging world by not making it......well engaging.

The rest was just a waste of talent with characters playing underwhelming roles of forgettable characters who can range from being mildly likeable, uninteresting to downright annoying. On the bright side the design of the minimoys while edging near the uncanny valley at times can be very creative from their creatures and wardrobe.