Old Dogs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Old Dogs Reviews

½ February 1, 2017
1/29/2017: A really good cast, but just an ok movie. There were a few funny moments, but not many.
½ December 10, 2016
I found myself howling with laughter at points like I haven't laughed for a long time.
September 23, 2016
Oh, this. This is bad.

Robin Williams, John Travolta, Seth Green, Matt Dillon, Justin Long, Rita Wilson, Bernie Mac, Dax Shepard, Luis Guzman. They are all in this pile of shit. I honestly think aliens wrote the script because the jokes are just insane and not even bad sitcom-quality.

Scenes that scarred me for life/confused the hell out of me: Rita Wilson getting her hand stuck in a trunk and then immediately "Big Girls Don't Cry" plays, Robin Williams watching a young boy poop, Grandfathers Club, Seth Green's descent into Japanese culture, the racism and homophobia in this movie alone, the whole puppet thing with Jimmy Lunchbox (seriously... WHAT WAS THAT?), the nightmare-inducing face paralysis scene (with some truly awful CGI), Seth Green getting raped by a gorilla, and the whole thing with the jet pack at the end. Ugh. Man. I'm gonna give this a 1.5 just because it was horribly entertaining on a perverse level. It's certainly the most watchable of the three movies thus far.
September 4, 2016
Complete waste of time and energy.
August 27, 2016
Not the worst thing I've ever seen. Robin Williams and John Travolta were alright.
½ August 26, 2016
There's nothing particularly original- or particularly funny- about Old Dogs, however the chemistry between Robin Williams and John Travolta, the occasional clever scene, and a surprisingly interesting plot and pleasant message saves the movie from being a total trainwreak.
Verdict: C
March 16, 2016
So funny!!! Great pairing. Great comedians.
½ March 15, 2016
It's worse than it looks. It's a frustratingly bad movie full of unfunny jokes. Don't bother seeing it, it's a complete waste of good talent.
½ February 3, 2016
The worst film I have seen from either John Travolta or Robin Williams.

Zero Stars
December 12, 2015
Oh c'mon 5%? It's not that bad. It's a cute, sometimes funny, and sometimes sweet family movie.
½ September 15, 2015
Sadly almost unwatchable. If I could get my money back I would.
½ August 20, 2015
Guilty pleasure of mine led by some great comedic leads
August 11, 2015
Don't know why people don't like this. Great movie!
½ July 28, 2015
Old Dogs suffers from a bad screenplay and a predictable narrative and an unoriginal story, but about the cast, it was well chosen and John Travolta and Robbie Williams give to us some unexpected funny moments
½ July 28, 2015
July 27, 2015
This has some very funny scenes (mostly after their pills get all mixed up) but it also has a heart which seems to be Hollywood's direction with comedies, it's Disney so it's harmless, plus, i believe it will be the only time that there will ever be a Friday the 13th reference in a Disney movie.
½ July 10, 2015
Not as terrible as critics made it out to be but still not very funny or that good of a film.
July 8, 2015
really funny at moments.
July 4, 2015
Väkisin tehdyn oloinen komedia, jolla oli kuitenkin hauskat ja hurmaavat hetkensä... (Suom, Vanhat ketut)
June 11, 2015
Nearly every moment the movie tries to be funny, it just falls flat on its face.