The Hangover - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hangover Reviews

jamrcla
½ December 15, 2017
Brilliant comedy, Non stop laughs all the way through, Great cast, It does drop off at times but soon picks back up again, It has a good funny story and is a must watch for all comedy fans.
December 14, 2017
Perfect movie/comedy.
½ November 20, 2017
One of my favs of all time
½ November 13, 2017
"The Hangover" is a funny movie. This movie won the Golden Globe Award for Comedy / Musical Division Work Award and I think this movie deserve this very much because I've watched this movie many times and no matter how many times I've watched, it's still makes me laugh.

The movie start with bad news. Phil, Alan, Stu and Doug, which is the main characters in this movie, went to Las Vegas two days before Doug's wedding ceremony. The day after drinking too much alcohol and gambling, they woke up with a severe hangover and Doug is missing. The suite room they stayed was desolated and there was a tiger in the bathroom and also strange baby. They didn't remember anything so they start to figure out what happened last night.

I personally think that the funniest scene of this movie is the end credit because we can know what happened in Las Vegas before they woke up. The pictures that showed up in the end credit are very dirty so some people would put off by these picture but it's very funny for me.

In addition, I think that this movie is man version of "Sex and the City". "Sex and the City" is movie about 4 women struggle in love and work. They are New Yorkers and they mostly talk about their sex lives in the movie and I personally believe that "The Hangover" and "Sex and the City" are pairs of works representing difference between man and woman. These two movies has lots of similar point but the most similar thing is the main character is four people. "Sex and the City" is the movie that full of women's desires. However, there is a lot of dirty words such as slang are used in "The Hangover" and also there is a lot of dirty jokes.

That's why I think this movie is not appealing to women and if you don't like dirty words, slang or dirty jokes, you will HATE this movie because you can hear these words every second in this movie. However, if you don't mind or if you like that kind of thing, you will enjoy to watch this movie very much. Also, this movie teach us how much alcohol and drug are scary.

If you liked "The Hangover", I really recommend to watch continuation of this movie, "The Hangover II" and "The Hangover III".

Anyway, go watch this movie if you want to laugh. You will laugh so hard entire movie.
October 14, 2017
LOVE it!! Def on my top 10 all time favorites list!
September 13, 2017
è uma das melhores comédias do cinema com um mistério que vai aos poucos se revelando com muito humor o filme se desenrola e voce pode sair do cinema satisfeito.
August 29, 2017
Sharp, witty and utterly hilarious, "The Hangover" is the funniest comedy I've seen in recent memory. Over the last decade or so, I've seen many comedies. However, few have been as funny or clever as "The Hangover". With a sharp script and brilliant performances from the cast, it works tremendously. In terms of acting, the entire cast is terrific but it's Zach Galifianakis who steals the show. A comedic talent, he is hilarious and gets the funniest lines in the film. The dialogue is another reason why the film works so well. The jokes are sharp, witty and comical, and never feel forced. If there's a flaw to be found, the ending is slightly predictable. Nevertheless, in the end "The Hangover" is a highly entertaining film that accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do: make you laugh. It leaves a wide grin on your face that is difficult to erase for days.
August 8, 2017
Funny hilarious movie starring Bradley Cooper, ed helms, and the breakout star of this movie for me, Zack galafanakis or however you spell his God dang last name, it's impossible. I know that their are sequels to this and based off this movie, I'm excited for the hangover part 2.
August 1, 2017
The most original comedy movie of the 2000's decade. This is one of those movie that never gets old.
August 1, 2017
Call me dumb, as I'm not a comedy-type guy I actualy enjoyed The Hangover and can say that's my favorite comedy so far!
July 30, 2017
Hilarious! Definitely my favourite comedy of all time.
½ July 17, 2017
With a unique and clever plot and hysterical interplay among the cast, this comedy movie succeeds with a right amount of dirty humour and ridiculousness.
June 27, 2017
A FUNNY MOVIE. Makes you want to scream, "Why did you do that?" to everything they do. The panic, surprises, and the confusion results in a bundles-of-fun comedy movie!
June 20, 2017
This comedy about a guys night out in Los Vegas has plenty of laughs and comic moments. I enjoyed the way in which events of the night were slowly revealed. Although there are a few silly or juvenile moments, overall it is witty and clever. GGWC. 1001
June 11, 2017
One of my favorite movies!
April 29, 2017
170429: Laughed and laughed. What more can I say?
April 9, 2017
One word summed up the plot & punch lines in this film..."predictable"! So overrated!
April 6, 2017
Hysterically funny and the best film from Phillips since Old school.