The Hangover - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hangover Reviews

April 9, 2017
One word summed up the plot & punch lines in this film..."predictable"! So overrated!
April 6, 2017
Hysterically funny and the best film from Phillips since Old school.
March 22, 2017
It's funny - pretty much all the way thru.
March 17, 2017
A comedy that is so funny that any flaw is merely forgotten in exchange for a hilarious gag.
March 11, 2017
I laughed and laughed and laughed. What a fun movie!
March 10, 2017
This is a classic comedy that will be enjoyed for generations. Just like Caddyshack before it, this movie made the 3 actors (Helms, Cooper & Galifianakis) household names. The story which takes place in a day and a half works on some many levels and also can't we agree Las Vegas makes any movie better!

Comedies are only as good as the one-liners and The Hangover has them in bunches! This will be watched by men all over the world the day before their bachelor party!
March 3, 2017
The last great comedy?

Todd Phillips did something great here that no other filmmaker in American comedy is doing: he took artistic risks. This is a bizarre, consistently hilarious comedy that is stealing the beats from a basic mystery thriller. So, how do you shoot that movie? Phillips says in the same way that you would shoot a thriller.

Edgar Wright and Todd Phillips are the only guys left in west comedy that are taking genuine creative and artistic risks, and that's part of what makes "The Hangover" a masterful comedy.
March 2, 2017
If there's ever been a funnier movie made, I'd like to see it. After all these years, it still holds up; even when you know everything that's coming from having seen it multiple times - it's still hilarious.
February 26, 2017
Always good to watch if you want a laugh. Very funny.
½ February 4, 2017
A great comedy with great acting, story, and humor. Never gets old and will always be one of the best comedies of all time.
January 23, 2017
It was good except for the part where 2pac fucked the dead dragon...that was just weird.
January 17, 2017
Comedies come out every year. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think most of the ones that come out nowadays suck. However, every few years, there is one comedy to come around to define a generation. Ferris Bueller's Day Off was for the Gen X'ers, There's Something About Mary and American Pie was for the Gen Y's. My generation, the people born in the mid-1990's, had the Hangover. This film came out at the exact perfect time for me. I was an awkward 13-year-old who couldn't talk to girls if his life depended on it and was into offensive guy humour. This movie was a love letter to young boys in that stage everywhere, as well as anybody who loved to laugh. What a clever concept. Four guys get absolutely black-out drunk and drugged, and they have to retrace their steps to find one of their friends. What makes this movie work is the unbelievable chemistry between Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis. Their comedic timing is gold. What is really great is that these characters don't seem like the type of partyers to do all this crazy stuff, which makes the jokes even funnier. I could go on and on about all the funny moments in this film, but what I'm going to end this on is that this film is downright hilarious! Sure I'll throw in a TRIGGER WARNING for some nudity, gay jokes, jokes that are "offensive" to Chinese people and women... Ah who cares, I don't care! This movie is great!
½ December 25, 2016
This is Todd Phillip's grand masterpiece, the best movie he's, and will, ever make, The Hangover is one fuck of a entertaining, not to miss, movie. I think the best part about this movie is the characters, they're all memorable, well written and developed, and especially, well interpreted and very funny, the best one of them all being Zack Galifianakis as Alan. Recommended !!
½ December 9, 2016
Amazing comedy so funny. Love it so much
December 3, 2016
Funniest movie of the year hands down
December 2, 2016
What makes this hilarious comedy stand out is how it works as a great combo of well-developed characters, non-stop laughs from beginning to end and absurd, unpredictable plot that should certainly make this movie be regarded in the years to come as a classic cult comedy.
November 27, 2016
An original (to my knowledge and experience) take on a typical situation that produced some solid quotable lines and images, some still around today. It's not a masterpiece, but instead a modern, relevant comedy that one who wants to stay in the pop culture know (despite its age) should see.
November 17, 2016
Who would've thought that it'd have been Todd Phillips who gave the world one of the finest comedies of the past few decades in the form of 'The Hangover', not only is it one of the funniest films of recent years, but its also one of the smartest and most original comedies ever made, full stop. With some bravura performances from Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, and the likes, 'The Hangover' proves to be one of the finest forms of movie entertainment with an extremely high replay value, all the comedy present, near-enough completely wipes out the flaws present, however minor they may be. A brilliant and humour-filled comedy that'll leave you watching it again and again.
October 26, 2016
Tries way too hard too be funny.
October 5, 2016
Smart screenplay, funny actings and great tension and surprise.