The Hangover - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hangover Reviews

February 14, 2019
I watched this film for the first time 2 weeks ago, have since at least watched this film end to end 5 times, have watched certain scenes a good 20 times and learnt Stu's song on the keyboard. So needless to say, I enjoyed this film very much and some might even call it a (slight) obsession. What I love the most are the ridiculous and exaggerated situations that the gang has to overcome. The cast did a fantastic job portraying their roller coaster of emotions as they try to trace their steps and figure out what happened during their wild night. The characters in the movie are well developed, with each having his or her own distinct personality. These personalities are clearly surfaced through the way each character responds both verbally and physically under different situations. The characters' strengths and weaknesses complement one another well and the cast had great chemistry. Overall, this movie is a must-watch!
February 3, 2019
the Hangover
The film director of hangover is Todd Phillips, who is also a producer. The screenwriter is Jon Lucas, starring Bradley Cooper, and the soundtrack is Christopher Baker. The hangover movie is a simple family-friendly movie, or a movie in which males are the absolute protagonists, reflecting the friendship of men, even though such friendships are not as formal as Shawshankï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s redemption. The film's shooting equipment is quite satisfactory, and there is no contrast between the three films we studied. There is no realism involved in the film. The film tells the story of three groomsmen who lost the groom on the night of the bachelor party and finally found the groom and brought him back to the wedding. When watching this movie, the male audience will think of their friends. This movie is a typical Hollywood movie, which was not produced by the legendary film industry that was so backward. With a budget of 35 million US dollars and a box office of 476 million US dollars, it can be said that the producers made a fortune. The highlight of the film's production is its standard. It is a standard commercial comedy textbook that tells a simple story, inserts a lot of laughs, makes the audience happy, and quickly invests in new when walking out of the theater. Going to work. The budget control is very good, and the final box office is also a bumper harvest. This movie shows that if you carefully follow the textbooks to make movies, the audience will accept this standard movie. The movie is obviously aimed at the male viewing group, which is somewhat similar. In the eleven angry men. Overall it is highly recommended to watch on the plane or on a person's night, you will be amused by this movie. This is the textbook of commercial comedy in the 21st century. The filmmaker should carefully analyze each smile and then make a reasonable adaptation according to the year of the movie. It is not a shining movie, but it is an excellent one. Standard popcorn comedy movie. And this movie can also be enjoyed by audiences in other countries in the world.
February 2, 2019
Shaky start levels out to an inventive script which epicly runs all the way through the credits
½ December 12, 2018
They should have ditched the title "Hangover" and gone with "Hanging On The Comedic Talents Of Zach Galifianakis"
November 16, 2018
If you are going to watch this movie, You should watch it.
All the Hangover series are hilarious!!! Some scenes are gross but that's interesting
½ November 10, 2018
This film was solid.
November 4, 2018
Spot-on, fast-paced, comedic genius.
½ October 30, 2018
The only time I laughed it when the guy peeing into the swimming pool. But hey, that's a guy peeing into the swimming pool! The idea's brilliant. But it's just not funny.
½ October 23, 2018
As The Hangover becomes increasingly incredulous it also becomes more and more hilarious.
September 24, 2018
One of the funniest raunchy movies ever made.
½ September 2, 2018
Simply entertaining.
½ August 31, 2018
It's really wonderful to see a comedy movie that relies on its script more than its jokes. And Jon Lucas and Scott Moore's script is one of the most clever scripts written for a comedy movie ever. What proves that is that this movie isn't fast-paced as the rest of comedy movies. Actually, it's sorta slow-paced, but I liked that, and I think it's perfectly paced. That doesn't mean that the movie isn't funny. In fact, there are many lines that are hilarious, but, honestly, I didn't laugh out loud, or even laugh a lot as much as I should or wanted.

The jokes at the third act are kinda silly and lazy as well as the third act as a whole.

The chemistry between Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, and Justin Bartha is gold!

(7.5/10)
½ August 22, 2018
For such a lauded film, this feels like pretty B-level fare to me.
½ July 4, 2018
This film is ridiciously obscene and yet still entertained me! The adult humor is really enjoyable and keeps me watching!
June 26, 2018
Divertida y muy impecable, un film que entretiene de inicio a fin, siendo una comedia muy superior a cualquier otra cinta de comedia idiota , una historia a la cual le crees cualquier situación pierdes de vista lo ilógico gracias a sus increíbles personajes.
June 18, 2018
As legendary as this movie is, I found it to be a huge disappointment, I waited and waited to laugh, but there was hardly anything funny in this film. It is vulgar, obnoxious and just plain boring at times. Not worth watching.
June 17, 2018
I love vulgar humor, especially when it is done so well. So over the top, but I liked it that way. I'm shocked the pictures at the end of the movie didn't warrant an NC-17 ranking. I guess the old people with the movie rating system don't stay through the credits.
May 28, 2018

Ken Jeong
Mike Epps
Mike Tyson

Score Composed by: Christophe Beck

Doug Billings(Justin Barthia)and Tracy Garner(Sasha Barrese)are about to get married. Two days before the wedding, the four men have a bachelor party with Doug's two best buddies Phil Wenneck (Bradley Cooper)and Stu Price (Ed Garner), and Tracy's brother Alan Garner (Zach Galifianakis) - hop into Tracy's father's beloved Mercedes convertible for a 24-hour stag party to Las Vegas. SPhil, a married high school teacher, has the same maturity level as his students when he's with his pals. Stu, a dentist, is worried about everything, especially what his controlling girlfriend Melissa(Rachael Harris) think, because she disapproves of traditional male bonding rituals. Stu has to lie to her about the stag, telling her that they are going on a wine tasting tour in the Napa Valley.Regardless, he intends on eventually marrying her, against the advice and wishes of his friends. And Alan seems to be unaware of what are considered the social graces of the western world.

The morning after their arrival in Las Vegas, they awaken in their hotel suite each with the worst hangover. None remembers what happened in the past twelve or so hours. The suite is in shambles. And certain things are in the suite that shouldn't be, and certain things that should be in the suite are missing. Probably the most important in the latter category is Doug. As Phil, Stu and Alan try to find Doug using only what little pieces of information they have at hand, they go on a journey of discovery of how certain things got into the suite and what happened to the missing items. However they are on a race for time as if they can't find Doug in the next few hours, they are going to have to explain to Tracy why they are not yet back in Los Angeles. And even worse, they may not find Doug at all before the wedding.

I can't remember the last comedy I've seen at the movies that has made me laugh out loud more then any other has in a very long time. The screenplay by Jon Lucas, Scott Moore, Todd Phillips, Jeremy Garelick is outrageously clever from beginning to end and laugh your ass off hilarious that's also a little raunchy and at times a little disturbing. The cast especially help boost the film with great comedic timing and delivery with memorable one-liners.Although the standout of them all has got to be Zach Galifianakis(Alan Garner) with his hilarious humor and physicality he brings the character that literally steals the show ever time he's on the screen. But that's only the beginning stay after the movie ends and the show all the hilarious and provocative pictures taking on that night is one of the best parts of the movie. The cast also includes some cameos most noticeable Mike Tyson,and Wayne Newton,Carrot Top found in the photo slides at the end credits.

So overall The Hangover is an instant classic,not only is it the best comedy of the year its one the best movies I've ever seen.Get ready to laugh your ass off. No doubt I'll be going to see the sequel that is planned but I'm also having mixed reactions for it. While I did notice some points in this story in the end that they could use for the sequel but my worry would be that it could be like watching the first but slightly different and mostly unoriginal, but we'll just have to what and see in 2011.
April 30, 2018
A very simple idea and a very funny cast and script leads to one of the best comedies of recent years.
A very rewatchable movie that is hard not to fall for.
March 16, 2018
Amusing, though it's not really going to change the world. This movie actually takes the flashback genre of movies such as DOA and Memento, and applies is to a comedy film, which actually is quite brilliant. After a wild bachelor party in Vegas, three friends wake up to find their hotel trashed, all sorts of weird sruff lying around, and, oh yeah, the groom is missing.