The Hangover - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hangover Reviews

January 23, 2017
It was good except for the part where 2pac fucked the dead dragon...that was just weird.
January 17, 2017
Comedies come out every year. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think most of the ones that come out nowadays suck. However, every few years, there is one comedy to come around to define a generation. Ferris Bueller's Day Off was for the Gen X'ers, There's Something About Mary and American Pie was for the Gen Y's. My generation, the people born in the mid-1990's, had the Hangover. This film came out at the exact perfect time for me. I was an awkward 13-year-old who couldn't talk to girls if his life depended on it and was into offensive guy humour. This movie was a love letter to young boys in that stage everywhere, as well as anybody who loved to laugh. What a clever concept. Four guys get absolutely black-out drunk and drugged, and they have to retrace their steps to find one of their friends. What makes this movie work is the unbelievable chemistry between Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis. Their comedic timing is gold. What is really great is that these characters don't seem like the type of partyers to do all this crazy stuff, which makes the jokes even funnier. I could go on and on about all the funny moments in this film, but what I'm going to end this on is that this film is downright hilarious! Sure I'll throw in a TRIGGER WARNING for some nudity, gay jokes, jokes that are "offensive" to Chinese people and women... Ah who cares, I don't care! This movie is great!
½ December 25, 2016
This is Todd Phillip's grand masterpiece, the best movie he's, and will, ever make, The Hangover is one fuck of a entertaining, not to miss, movie. I think the best part about this movie is the characters, they're all memorable, well written and developed, and especially, well interpreted and very funny, the best one of them all being Zack Galifianakis as Alan. Recommended !!
½ December 9, 2016
Amazing comedy so funny. Love it so much
December 3, 2016
Funniest movie of the year hands down
December 2, 2016
What makes this hilarious comedy stand out is how it works as a great combo of well-developed characters, non-stop laughs from beginning to end and absurd, unpredictable plot that should certainly make this movie be regarded in the years to come as a classic cult comedy.
November 27, 2016
An original (to my knowledge and experience) take on a typical situation that produced some solid quotable lines and images, some still around today. It's not a masterpiece, but instead a modern, relevant comedy that one who wants to stay in the pop culture know (despite its age) should see.
November 17, 2016
Who would've thought that it'd have been Todd Phillips who gave the world one of the finest comedies of the past few decades in the form of 'The Hangover', not only is it one of the funniest films of recent years, but its also one of the smartest and most original comedies ever made, full stop. With some bravura performances from Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, and the likes, 'The Hangover' proves to be one of the finest forms of movie entertainment with an extremely high replay value, all the comedy present, near-enough completely wipes out the flaws present, however minor they may be. A brilliant and humour-filled comedy that'll leave you watching it again and again.
October 26, 2016
Tries way too hard too be funny.
October 5, 2016
Smart screenplay, funny actings and great tension and surprise.
September 17, 2016
A comedy that knows how to work with the cast is like a revolution for the comedy genre.
September 14, 2016
A good movie with laugh-out-loud moments sprinkled throughout.
September 10, 2016
An instant classic, it is hilarious to watch
½ September 5, 2016
Not as funny as many claimed it was, tries a bit too hard
½ September 2, 2016
Classic! Just re watched it yesterday haven't seen it in about a year and it was so damn funny gets better ever time!
½ August 29, 2016
The Hangover is directed by Todd Phillips, and it stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis in a comedy film about a group of guys that go to a bachelor party in Las Vegas to get drunk, and after they wake up, they have no recollection of what happened, and they see that a lot of crazy stuff happened when they were drunk, and one of their guys are missing too. When I got to watch War Dogs, I figure that I should watch The Hangover Trilogy, man is that sad to say that, and review them to see what I thought of it. So for the first one, I really enjoyed it. The interplay between the three main leads is hilarious to watch, and the acting is great as they have the comedic timing for it. Just like them, you wanted to know the mystery of it too of how it happened and what lead to it. It probably relates to people who got really drunk and started to do really stupid things that they have done. The jokes in this got a laugh from me, and while there were some that didn't necessarily worked, it comes back to being funny again. The characters are great, the writing by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore is well written, and it's a lot of fun to watch.
½ August 20, 2016
Cast shine in fun entertainment.
½ August 17, 2016
Amazingly clever and funny. It was fun and unpredictable while still seeming to remind you it was all entirely possible if you took a trip to Las Vegas.
August 10, 2016
This film is raucously funny and lots of fun and the cast is great.
July 23, 2016
Hilarious, but definitely not in a good way.