The Party - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Party Reviews

½ September 22, 2016
It had its silly moments, but certainly not one of the classics.
½ August 28, 2016
As ever the first two thirds of the film are sublime and the last third is unwatchable.
½ August 14, 2016
"The Party" is an outrageous comedy by the dream team of Blake Edwards, Frank Waldman and Peter Sellers. The latter is pitch-perfect in the leading part whereas the excellent comic timing, timeless gags, classic lines and perfectly executed routines will have you laughing your head off throughout the film. Comedic gold.
July 1, 2016
A few flat places but no one could do "birdie num num" better than Sellers.
February 7, 2016
This movie is hilarious from the get go! A must watch! One of my faves!
½ January 2, 2016
Fun classic screwball comedy... except the brownface. Yikes.
½ December 14, 2015
In "The Party" everything is silly, wonderfully silly!
December 4, 2015
Fuera de la saga La pantera rosa es uno de los mejores trabajos del combo Edwards-Sellers. Mucha confusion, destruccion y carcajadas garantizados.
August 20, 2015
I had only seen this once before and barely remembered it. Audiences seem split on it and I can see why. The film has Sellers playing Indian, there's not much character development and the film feels dated. On the other hand, some of the gags are funny and Sellers is a real talent. Worth seeing and deciding for yourself if it's funny or not.
April 3, 2015
This movie is the stuff of genius. A predecessor to so many slapstick movies that followed but could never rival the freshness of the original, The Party is at once endearing, hilarious, smart and easily memorable. Just like the character Hrundi V Bakshi, so many famous lines from this movie have been etched on our collective memories forever, whether we first enjoyed this movie as a child or only recently.
January 29, 2015
Peter Sellers is basically put in a room and given free reign to go as slapstick as he wants, and it mostly works. Full review later.
January 20, 2015
Inolvidable comedia , Sellers es lo maximo como comico
January 15, 2015
I think my favorite part of the movie is in the beginning when Peter Sellers is playing a bugler on set. The death scene has me peeing my pants laughing everytime I see it
½ January 11, 2015
The Party is a hilarious older movie, which is the temp plate for modern disjointed comedy. Ben Stiller's movie characters are copies of Peter Sellers' party character. The Party is about an East Indian actor (Peter Sellers) who after destroying a movie set creates a chain of events which accidentally invites Sellers to a Hollywood party were the havoc continues. The birdie num num and toilet scenes where classic. The Party is a true classic. The Party ages well. I would love to see a movie remake. Ben Stiller, Vaughn, Ferrell would be perfect fit for a movie remake. Four and half stars out of five.
December 12, 2014
While it has some pretty good laughs, and a fantastic performance from Peter Sellers, it just doesn't manage to be funny or interesting enough over its duration.
½ December 4, 2014
September 30, 2014
Funny to fault, try to stop laughing in this one. Another Peter Sellers great! It is racist but it is also extremely funny and not so racist if you come to think of it. I cracked up at the silliness, but then, I like that humour. If you do, don't miss it. If you don't, watch it and you will. Peter Sellers has now officially become one of my personal favourite comedians of all time.
September 11, 2014
A classic comedy for the ages, one that i've seen countless times
½ August 12, 2014
Sellers at his physical best. I still have a tendency to say "birdie num num" in awkward silences.