Junior - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Junior Reviews

March 16, 2016
Arny as a baby AND a woman?!? Those are some of the scariest things I've ever seen!
March 3, 2016
Nice movie. Arnold Schwarzenegger is so cute in this.
½ February 14, 2016
Aussi étrange que cela puisse paraître, Junior est aussi crédible que Jumeaux, déjà avec Arnold Schwarzenegger et Danny de Vito. En effet, la 3e comédie d'Ivan Reitman avec l'Autrichien (la seule non parasitée par une intrigue policière inutile) parvient encore à faire avaler son high concept à son spectateur, une heure trente durant, dans laquelle nous allons voir Schwarzenegger devenir enceinte et développer un instinct maternel hilarant. Bien entouré par Danny de Vito et Emma Thompson, il est la principale qualité d'un film qui se trouve être une comédie fun, inoffensive, oubliable en quelques heures et aussi vaine qu'hilarante.
December 30, 2015
12/29/2015: An excellent cast, but not funny at all. Pretty disappointing.
October 26, 2015
NOT FUNNY. The one time we actually WANT to see Arnold (and Danny) being over the top and spewing silly bullshit at us over this ridiculous plot, they actually treat the subject seriously. And when they really do try to make a joke, it falls flat. Doesn't work as comedy nor drama. Stay away from this one unless you have a Schwarzenegger fetish.
July 17, 2015
I want to see this just for his 1-liners
½ June 4, 2015
Rating-3/10

Junior is a film by Ivan Reitman that not only doesn't play out so well, but also breathes absurdity. The film stars hulking Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito where Arnie gets pregnant, it's the kind of plot made from hell, oh and also Ivan Reitman. It just doesn't work for me and comes off messy at best, it isn't the worst movie of all time and definitely not within comedy, but here are my thoughts below.

The plot is just confused and I mean in a way where the story just rides along not really knowing where it is going, can be fun and will be for some, but still not memorable. It isn't funny and for me that is it's greatest sin, the jokes don't come and the direction from Reitman doesn't add anything whatsoever to the writing that strips this of all respect.

Schwarzenegger deserves a bit of respect for giving it a go, not in a kind of good way but he tries his hardest and he acts in the only way he knows how. Emma Thompson comes in as the new Doctor on the scene Diana, she is OK here but she doesn't do anything to help, this is the kind of movie that can truly ruin careers, thank god this didn't contain the very very best(at least at the time).

I think to really enjoy this you have to not only laugh at a lot, but also be won over by the sweetness of the plot, not by the depth, this is one movie truly lacking in true depth. If you want a serious plot, well this tries to be one but turns out one massive joke, that also isn't funny. Kevin Wade and Chris Conrad don't write this well enough to entertain most, those easily won over then yes, but this just doesn't work right.

As the great Roger Ebert once said about Junior "I know this sounds odd, but Schwarzenegger is perfect for the role. Observe his acting carefully in Junior, and you'll see skills that many serious actors could only envy." Now I don't agree with this quote but I see where he is coming from, Arnie seems to as I mentioned before, match the role and he makes the character seem more real(to say he is a huge pregnant man). Danny DeVito doesn't supply him with enough for me though, now DeVito for some is great but I have never loved him, and here he further proves me right.

I think finding positives here is as hard as it can get, this isn't the worst film ever but it is hard to find lots and lots of positives. I liked the sets if that is even a real reason, well OK it isn't but It really is hard, The plot I guess is fun(at times) and can as I have also said before, be sweet and Arnie gives his all in making his character more human.

Overall a pretty bad movie but one that even today is still remembered fairly well. Reitman directs DeVito and Schwarzenegger again after they came together in "Twins(1988)", but he doesn't succeed in making these two classic although I will say he does make this classic as that movie where Arnold Schwarzenegger gets pregnant, and I'll use my consensus one more time, good for some, not fun for most.
May 28, 2015
This movie is pretty sad. Great cast, strong director, but this movie is trope ridden trash and I don't know how it happened that way! It's easy to accept that the science in this movie makes no sense, because it's a comedy and you can get away with a lot of bad science. However, your story, themes, and characters need to make up for it and they don't. This movie felt like no one in it wanted to be there, especially Arnold! This movie had a poorly crafted script supported by lack luster acting. The movie has about 3 funny parts, but its comedy is based on us laughing at Arnold playing every "pregenant woman" trope and stereotype possible and it grows old fast!
May 16, 2015
laughed it definitely makes the story of role reversal even more fun
April 19, 2015
Arnold's pregnant......tell me how this got green lined.
½ January 21, 2015
If this is a comedy, it's not funny, if this is a drama, it's boring and uninteresting.
½ December 26, 2014
A special kind of awful.
October 26, 2014
Dystopian science fiction about the harrowing effects of an unethical genetically engineered human breeding programme.
½ August 24, 2014
Honestly to say it's hard to review, but I can say that the enjoyably watchable film's brand is weird and crazy at the same time, also describing the interesting concept and one of the craziest and weirdest warmth I've seen in film. There are small funny parts that Reitman's "Twins" tried to deliver with the help of Thompson at a role that was surprising. One of the few lines (contains the words "crazy" and "humiliated") that Schwarzenegger spoke was probably his way of describing his experience on doing the film that are agreeable. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
August 16, 2014
Odd and cute but never hilarious. A large pro-abortion message too that irritated me. "It's my baby I can do what I want with it".
August 11, 2014
(First viewing - Childhood)
½ August 10, 2014
i lover this movie so much i even know the lines off by heart
August 8, 2014
Arnold wat are you doing here this doesn't have guns or explosions plus this is dull not funny not charming.