Dirty Work - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Work Reviews

May 3, 2016
So many dead hookers
½ January 6, 2016
This film is absolutely hilarious. I do not care to bludgeon the acting performance of the director's script. I would myself consider this too be a satirical, cult classic. Norm MacDonald's monotonous humorous tone works wonders in this late 90's comedy. It is not meant to be seriously critiqued, it's a bloody comedy based on comical revenge. The reviews are bitter and are based on conformity to upper echelon critics. Watch the movie, do not read the damn reviews.
October 24, 2015
One of the funniest movies ever made.
July 15, 2015
A lot of well known peoples talents are wastes with a poor script.
½ June 29, 2015
I enjoyed it. I'm not even really a Norm Macdonald fan to start with, but this movie was entertaining enough for me even if it was cheesy in certain parts.
½ May 14, 2015
Do you remember when Norm MacDonald actually had a promising career.Well here you can see why that never ever came true.
½ March 15, 2015
SLN stars make another Movie
Dirty Work, it's about Payback and revenge
To get those back for causing others harm

It's not a bad Plot having to raise money for something to give the movie Purpose and it works with such Cult Movies as
The Blues Brothers

Unfortunately it doesn't improve this movie, as there is two many things happening, A love story, an family reunion, a bromance, Danny who had his nose bitten off (Chris Farley) and Dirty Work

There are some funny moments and a few laughs but If they cut some things out this would have been a great movie

You have some famous stars in this movie such as Gary Coleman, Adam Sander, John Goodman to name a few

This movie came out 1998 and I watched it in 2015 would I thought it was funnier back when it came out maybe

It's still worth watching, rent out on DVD when your stuck to choose something to watch
March 6, 2015
Norm Macdonald is one of the most unique comedic acts out there, and people tend to have a love or hate relationship with him. If you are not a fan of him, this movie will not convince you otherwise, but fans of him will be delighted to see him in a feature film. He plays Mitch Weaver, a loser who is down on his luck and now forced to raise 50,000 dollars to raise money for his friend's dad's heart surgery. The best idea he can come up with is to start a revenge business where for a fee he will prank anyone who needs this, but is unwilling to do it themselves. It is surprisingly an original comedy and filled with great Norm like moments.
February 2, 2015
An all-time classic.
December 27, 2014
Lowbrow comedy is really not my thing
½ December 22, 2014
An underrated comedy with great supporting work from Chris Farley and Artie Lange and a hilarious plot.
November 13, 2014
Dirty Work's plot at times seems like a number of comedy sketches cut together, but it is none the less very funny. 64/100
½ September 22, 2014
re watched this recently. holds up pretty well. some sloppy directing but the jokes are great. amazing 90's soundtrack
August 27, 2014
There are some funny moments in this movie and sometimes the jokes fall flat. The script is predictable and straight forward. The movie seems like it is trying to be a raunchy and inoffensive comedy all at once. This mix does not always work.
August 5, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
June 12, 2014
Easily one of the funniest films I have ever seen.
April 29, 2014
4/29/2014: Horrible movie! Other than a couple chuckles from the supporting cast, such as Chris Farley, the movie was bad in every aspect except premise. The so-called stars were terrible actors.
March 24, 2014
One of the funniest movies of all time.
March 24, 2014
Enjoyable comedy, and we've all thought of something like this.
½ March 20, 2014
this holds a 17% rating on Rotten Tomatoes... Watching Norm McDonald act is the funniest shit you can watch. Probably(definitely) Bob Sagets greatest film.