Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life Reviews

September 5, 2016
Very underrated movie.
July 26, 2016
Has some laughs and a good story.
½ July 6, 2016
An unusual mix of genre. But as for me and my family, we Knew what to expect from Murphy and Lawrence. And we still got more than we expected. For those who expected anything different... I guess comedy isn't their thing.
April 11, 2016
One of the funniest original movies, and underated comedy movies. All the way through you'll enjoy. Murphy and Lawerence were made for this part. Personal top 20 all time favorite
March 27, 2016
Michelle Alexander's book "The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness" provides plenty of scholarly resources demonstrating how the system of bad cops, lawyers, judges and prison officials have a racket going on ruining the lives of millions of prisoners, too many of whom really don't belong there. This movie does have some poignant scenes, some laughs , and generally tries to lighten the weight of the subject matter with some schtick. But make no mistake - it is making a firm statement that should not be missed by those who were just looking for a few laughs.
½ January 10, 2016
Typical, if better-than-average, buddy movie about a pair of would-be bootleggers framed for murder and sentenced to life imprisonment. The stars carry the proceedings with some nonstop bickering, but occasionally one of the supporting cast members gets an all-too-brief moment to shine.
November 27, 2015
Another of my top 10 comedies of all times.
½ October 27, 2015
Murphy and Lawrence as two wrongfully convicted prisoners who must spend life behind bars. it's funny but also bittersweet.
September 22, 2015
In my opinion Life is a brilliant comedy with heart and also has many hilarious moments I don't understand the mixed critical reception I thought it was awesome.ÔŽ
½ September 21, 2015
The humor might make people forget the message of the movie but Eddie and Martin are gut-busting actors!
September 19, 2015
The is a classic rip to all the actors who have left us with this classic hilarious movie
May 24, 2015
The co stars really steal this movie although Murphy and Lawrence are not without their charms too.
March 23, 2015
Be warned that this is a drama and not a very good one either, but it is entertaining enough to watch.
½ March 8, 2015
Not an Eddie Murphy best, but worth a watch.
September 11, 2014
This movie is so underrated. Eddie Murphy & Martin Lawrence did a terrific job.
August 20, 2014
muy divertida y mejor final
½ June 28, 2014
Life is a decent film. It is about the story of two criminals who discover the value of life after being sentenced to life imprisonment. Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence give good performances. The script is a little slow in places but still has plenty of laughs. Ted Demme did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and drama.
½ June 21, 2014
Looking back on their long careers, this is probably the best work that Murphy or Lawrence has ever done. Sneaky good.
June 4, 2014
very well made movie with deeper plots and more hournarble actors.
June 3, 2014
A pleasant surprise to see Murphy in a more serious role. The plot is interesting and definitely not the conventional predictable American blockbuster. Should be rated much higher than it is.