Go - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Go Reviews

November 16, 2017
The energy and on display and lack of direction mirror the mindset of this cast of wayward tweenties, struggling through what must be a typical day before the next typical day.
September 17, 2017
A sometimes off-beat, sometimes on-beat, zany version of Pulp Fiction.
August 23, 2017
Three different stories all intertwined together. One is about a rave. Another is about two gay actors. The second one is my favorite about 4 guys who take a trip to Vegas. Funny, thrilling, campy, romantic, and sexual. One of my all time favorites.
½ August 3, 2017
One of the best movies I've seen in a while :)
May 29, 2017
The unique approach of seeing the same events unfold from different perspectives is wasted here. The plot just isn't very interesting and the film is too drugged up. It all adds up to nothing. (First and only viewing - 5/19/2017)
½ May 19, 2017
½ April 21, 2017
This film seemed to be on heavy cable rotation around early 2000, so it was kind of impossible to miss really! At the time, Its speed-enhanced, individual perspective based narrative seemed right on the pulse of alternative cinema along with other films like Memento, and Requiem For A Dream. This film and the stunning sight of pop star model Sophie Ellis Bextor singing 'If This Aint Love' on channel V were two of my staples from the era!
½ February 25, 2017
Unpolished punchlines.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 26, 2016
With a fast-paced non-chronological story, Go is a smart, edgy and most importantly, very underrated movie that feels current even though it's been more than 15 years of its release.
December 6, 2016
Some decent moments and a few inventive sequences, although it feels like one of many films that came along in the 90's where the director was trying his damnedest to be Quentin Tarantino mark II by over-using non-linear story-telling techniques in place of an actual interesting plot.
October 4, 2016
Marginally interesting at times, great performances, but the writer and director are out of their element. Doug Liman's direction is good enough that if we didn't have John August, the guy who goes on to write two more bad comedies and then a bunch of weird creepy and dark movies, this could have maybe been at least fresh.
September 25, 2016
Made couple of years after the British were churning out loads of films like this, this is an interwoven series of stories about various youths sharing one night of trouble with drugs. It's an entertaining little film but not very original. Such stories do have a certain appeal though.
September 17, 2016
Every single person to whom I have recommended this movie has said, "Dude! That movie rocked! It was thrilling, way hip, fast-paced and made me want to be young, do drugs without consequences and engage in crazy, risky behavior! And the music was incredible!" Seriously, watch this movie. From 1999. It's called Go and you will thank me. And yeah, it's for grownups, not for kids. Go. And you can stream it on Amazon.
½ May 3, 2016
Another great non-Christmas Christmas movie, worthy of placement alongside the first two Die Hards and the entire Shane Black canon. It's one of those '90s post-Pulp Fiction 'interweaving stories' things, but is one of the better examples, a bit grim in parts, but hilarious throughout. Some great performances among the ensemble, particularly from Polley, Olyphant, Askew and Fichtner. Sometimes when I see a Mazda MX-5, I still call out, 'It's a Miata!' I'm usually alone when this happens.
February 12, 2016
Two words: Timothy Olyphant.
February 7, 2016
one of film maker Doug Liman's best efforts i really liked this one alot
August 9, 2015
It somewhat reminds me of "Clerks," but Kevin Smith's hit comedy is a lot smarter and memorable, and "Go" only makes me lose more and more interest as it progresses.
June 12, 2015
They just don't make movies like they used to. Never given a movie 5 stars, so this means a lot. Such a crazy good movie. If you haven't watched it, watch it now.
April 30, 2015
Held up high from its energy and performances.