Deep Blue Sea - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deep Blue Sea Reviews

January 4, 2017
So bad it's good, and a fair amount of jump scares to add to the screenplay. LL Cool J, unfortunately, was annoying at times when the film tried to lighten the mood.
December 22, 2016
It will not be the heir to Jigsaw, but has its own charm, especially the new digital technology on sharks.
December 10, 2016
12/9/2016: An ok movie with a good cast. The shark attacks were good, but the story wasn't too deep.
November 27, 2016
Alright. Use to love this film as a kid but when I watch it now it just has to many flaws and it is frustrating. Also very slow kicking off but it is ok when shit kicks off as long as you can switch your brain off
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Ok but nothing we haven't seen before, Any movie about a killer shark only gets compared to Jaws and bone can stand up to it.
July 10, 2016
A thrilling action movie and definitely the best shark film since "Jaws". However, it still falls short and can't compete with Spielberg's 1975 classic.
½ July 6, 2016
I think I may have seen it..
May 25, 2016
While it may not be Jaws, Deep Blue Sea still is a fun little shark thriller thanks to it's realistic animatronic sharks, creepy score, and a few good thrills and surprises.
May 3, 2016
Funny and brutally awesome!!!
½ April 30, 2016
Deep Blue Sea has some good effects, a studded cast, and lots of cool sharks, but otherwise it's dim and confusing. A couple of cool moments, but everything else seems like it's already been done. It's not fun enough to enjoy, or bad enough to hate- just bland.
February 6, 2016
When LL is the standout actor maybe you need to rethink casting.
January 12, 2016
This is an HDTGM classic for a reason!!!
January 6, 2016
One of my favorite creature feature movies.
½ December 23, 2015
A serviceable shark film that riffs on the age old "they're learning" archetype. Frightening and at moments exhilarating, Deep Blue Sea earns points for exciting terror but looses them for unoriginality and ridiculousness.
December 21, 2015
A solid shark flick.
November 25, 2015
A decent shark attack frenzy, nothing more and nothing less.
½ October 30, 2015
Has a good "oh damn" moment, however,it doesnt hold up with me as high anymore. THe ridiculous CGI sharks just piss me off. They look so fake. But its definitly one that I felt had a lot of potential in its plot line, and is probably the second best shark movie out there next to jaws. LL Cool J definitely steals the show with his strong character in this film.
October 28, 2015
Why the hate? This movie was so enjoyable
½ October 18, 2015
A rather underrated movie. Its pretty intense and has lots suspense. Also the special effects are pretty good.
August 28, 2015
Would be half a star except for Jackson's death scene.
And no, that's not a spoiler.