Bedazzled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bedazzled Reviews

September 9, 2016
I can't believe the was a very good movie! Give this movie a chance! When he sings to his girlfriend on the beach, its gold!
July 12, 2016
Very, very silly, but an interesting take on Satan.
½ June 4, 2016
It's okay....the original is still better!
May 9, 2016
"Bedazzled" does not have enough consistent humour, mostly because the story is flat and heavy-handed with limited comedic momentum.
April 1, 2016
Liz Hurley was perfectly casted for this and Brenden Fraser pulls of many charactors in his very funny way!
March 10, 2016
Brendan Fraser is Elliot Richards, a somewhat dim witted guy who nobody really likes. He is in love with a co-worker Allison and wishes he can be with her and gets the option to give it a chance. The catch is its with the devil and he may lose his soul. He tries his best to wish and come up with a scenario and fails over and over due to technicalities. Bedazzled was not too funny and about the only entertaining part of the film was seeing Elizabeth Hurley in all the different outfits she wore.
March 9, 2016
If you're looking for an Oscar winning film- this is not it.
If you're looking for a consistent and brilliantly acted film- this also is not it.
What this is- is hilarious. It's stupid, ridiculous & points out, in the most simplistic of ways, that even if you have everything you could possibly want in the world- all of the riches, the notoriety, fame- the best way to be successful and truly happy is to be yourself, as you come. There's something oddly warming about that notion which is beautifully clad in crappy slapstick humour, tongue-in-cheek innuendos and Liz Hurley's there-but-not-really outfits.
February 24, 2016
Bedazzled is a funny and wholesome comedy, riddled with cheeky moments, and obvious with its character development. It is not one of Harold Ramis' best, but it definitely has his traits and in its own right, is a family classic. Fraser plays the unwitting fool perfectly, flirting between the line of cringe and comedy. And Elizabeth Hurley steals the show, playing the perfectly wicked devil. With class, sass and punch, Hurley outshines every scene and makes Bedazzled memorable. The film ends on a cliche high note, being cute, warm and fuzzy. There's nothing terrible about the film, but nothing great either. It is a cutely wrapped present for that average moment.
January 30, 2016
So I think this movie's cover/poster is generally very misleading.... I thought after watching it that it's very underrated. I liked it. Comedies that involve multiple "changes" in the way the main character thinks and interacts have always been interesting to me. Sure there are some "over the top" moments, but compared to today's comedy that usually get "top marks".... I didn't think it was much of a stretch. I liked Fraser's acting here more than George of the Jungle, I could tell you that much. Over all, it was fun and had a message I could stand by.
January 2, 2016
Only one or two funny parts but the rest was just stupid
November 15, 2015
yes....this truely is the work of the devil...
½ October 15, 2015
I really love this movie! I can't help but feel comedies like this are a dying breed & are more appreciated nowadays than 15years ago when they were released. I love the dialogue in this film, it's refreshing, honest & in many parts genuinely clever! Hurley & Fraser bounce off each other brilliantly in this. They were without doubt the perfect candidates but let's face it, this film shines brightest when Hurley is on screen. Although the film is about wimpy Elliot Richards, Hurley's devil steals the show. Quite possibly her greatest movie role ever.
October 12, 2015
Quite different from the original, this version feels way more consistent: quite enjoyable most of the time and with more laughs overall. It probably fails to match the best scenes of the original though, and it would have left a better taste in the end without the preachy tone. Hurley seems to be enjoying herself tremendously and Fraser ranges from decent to deliciously fun in his various disguises. It could have been much better, but it could have been much worse too.
October 3, 2015
Hurley can be my devil! Great movie, so funny
½ September 16, 2015
This was a movie where the hotness of Elizabeth Hurley blinded me to the glaring problems in the storytelling. While I still hold the late (great) Harold Ramis in high regard for his other films, this is one that in hindsight really makes me cringe at my pubescent enjoyment. There's a sheen to this movie that makes it all feel a little fake and all of the vignettes with Fraser are funny in their own way (my friends and I still quote the "110% percent" sequence), the movie as a whole is too convenient and a little boring.
½ August 24, 2015
I haven't seen this in a long time but it's just as funny and enjoyable and I remembered.
½ August 5, 2015
From "Damn Yankees" to "The Devil's Advocate," the Faust legend has been interpreted many different ways. "Bedazzled" departs from the dark tone of this legend with this comical spin on the idea of selling one's soul to the devil. The script is far from being theologically sound as it thrives on situational irony and tongue-in-cheek jabs at society. If you enjoy staring at Elizabeth Hurley, you will love watching her she-devil character. If you enjoy staring at Brendan Fraser, you would probably prefer George of the Jungle. I get that it's a comedy and I shouldn't read too deeply into it, but I was bothered by the shallowness of the plot. No situation has any bearing on the real world. It's like a series of dreams without consequences instead of a progression of these wishes altering his life. Even Aladdin got that part right. Moreover, the movie begins to feel pretty repetitive as each ironic situation fails to teach us anything new. I'm not sure if the writers felt constrained by the original story, but this remake missed out on its potential. Outside of the script, the acting is fine and I was impressed by some of the artistry. I was surprised because I don't approach comedies with an expectation of creative visual moments like the cool time-lapse effects. Some of the green screen effects though, that's a different story. "Bedazzled" is worth watching, but maybe just as background noise instead of a date-night feature.
June 12, 2015
I have watched this movie for dozens of times, the rule here is that anything comes with Liz Hurley is fascinating, Bless the UK
June 1, 2015
Despite the criticism this movie has received from so many people, my wife and I both loved it. It was very predictable, but watching the story unfold was still very amusing. If it's on HBO On Demand or elsewhere on cable, definitely at least give this one a try.
June 1, 2015
Funny enough to watch and Hurley truly is smoking hot.