Bedazzled - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bedazzled Reviews

August 6, 2017
Pretty poor movie, but reasonably entertaining. Brendan Fraser's usually overly exaggerated characters seem to work fairly well here. Not much is required in terms of depth and emotion but he does show enough of Elliott's growth and journey to make you care what happens by the end.
Liz Hurley is not really here for her acting chops (although she does get better as the movie progresses)...
What she is here for is pure titillation and she does look smoking in a variety of outfits, intended to illustrate the wicked temptation of the devil in disguise. There is a moral lesson in here somewhere, but I forgot to pay attention. There are some nice comedic touches - using the office mates as accompanying players in all the 'fantasies' and there were some good visual gags throughout. Nothing groundbreaking here though.
½ May 15, 2017
I do not like this movie, because of the scene were the bullies pick on the nice guy. Disturbing.
March 25, 2017
like it because it has a nice message embedded. nothing else.
½ March 8, 2017
Elisabeth Hurley looked so hot in this movie, I walked out of the theater looking forward to hell. This is a great movie, funny with a good ending.
February 19, 2017
This movie is hilarious! Fraser does a great job at playing a big dork. If you like movies for the sheer entertainment factor then this is excellent!
February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 2, 2017
The fantasy scenes are awful and it is so unimaginable. This is just worth watching for Hurley. After every single costume change it's just cream the togs stuff.
December 12, 2016
Great movie. Elizabeth Hurley is hot! Her clothes are hot! Brendan Frasier is great! Funny movie with a great message! Can't understand why it didn't get better ratings. Oh well, Sicario got good ratings and it was about one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Really gory and really boring at the same time. Goring! Bory!
November 24, 2016
A fun watch with a clever twist on the rom-com (a remake of a Stanley Donan production) - & with a nicely paced perfect runtime. That Fraser portrays such a convincing geek is interesting. Hurley is magnetic and great fun to watch. Even if a little goofy at times, this is light, fun fare with lots of slick, glossy production value. The low ratings may be due to comparison to the earlier version with the redoubtable late Dudley Moore. Haven't see that version (yet). So enjoy this on its own.
September 9, 2016
I can't believe the ratings...it was a very good movie! Give this movie a chance! When he sings to his girlfriend on the beach, its gold!
July 12, 2016
Very, very silly, but an interesting take on Satan.
½ June 4, 2016
It's okay....the original is still better!
May 9, 2016
"Bedazzled" does not have enough consistent humour, mostly because the story is flat and heavy-handed with limited comedic momentum.
April 1, 2016
Liz Hurley was perfectly casted for this and Brenden Fraser pulls of many charactors in his very funny way!
March 10, 2016
Brendan Fraser is Elliot Richards, a somewhat dim witted guy who nobody really likes. He is in love with a co-worker Allison and wishes he can be with her and gets the option to give it a chance. The catch is its with the devil and he may lose his soul. He tries his best to wish and come up with a scenario and fails over and over due to technicalities. Bedazzled was not too funny and about the only entertaining part of the film was seeing Elizabeth Hurley in all the different outfits she wore.
March 9, 2016
If you're looking for an Oscar winning film- this is not it.
If you're looking for a consistent and brilliantly acted film- this also is not it.
What this is- is hilarious. It's stupid, ridiculous & points out, in the most simplistic of ways, that even if you have everything you could possibly want in the world- all of the riches, the notoriety, fame- the best way to be successful and truly happy is to be yourself, as you come. There's something oddly warming about that notion which is beautifully clad in crappy slapstick humour, tongue-in-cheek innuendos and Liz Hurley's there-but-not-really outfits.
February 24, 2016
Bedazzled is a funny and wholesome comedy, riddled with cheeky moments, and obvious with its character development. It is not one of Harold Ramis' best, but it definitely has his traits and in its own right, is a family classic. Fraser plays the unwitting fool perfectly, flirting between the line of cringe and comedy. And Elizabeth Hurley steals the show, playing the perfectly wicked devil. With class, sass and punch, Hurley outshines every scene and makes Bedazzled memorable. The film ends on a cliche high note, being cute, warm and fuzzy. There's nothing terrible about the film, but nothing great either. It is a cutely wrapped present for that average moment.
January 30, 2016
So I think this movie's cover/poster is generally very misleading.... I thought after watching it that it's very underrated. I liked it. Comedies that involve multiple "changes" in the way the main character thinks and interacts have always been interesting to me. Sure there are some "over the top" moments, but compared to today's comedy that usually get "top marks".... I didn't think it was much of a stretch. I liked Fraser's acting here more than George of the Jungle, I could tell you that much. Over all, it was fun and had a message I could stand by.
January 2, 2016
Only one or two funny parts but the rest was just stupid
November 15, 2015
yes....this truely is the work of the devil...