Pearl Harbor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pearl Harbor Reviews

October 14, 2017
If this isn't the worst WWII movie ever made, we haven't seen one. Ridiculous plot, ridiculous timeline, ridiculous acting (horrendous in most regards), ridiculous historical accuracy. I could go on and on. Save the three hours you'll waste on this and get a root canal instead - you'll have an extra hour and feel less violated.
October 13, 2017
I'm in an odd spot here. On one hand I can't stand what Randall Wallace did to a potentially heart-wrenching drama by turning it into a lackluster love triangle. However, I can't deny that the second act of the film is pure movie magic. Something that generally Michael Bay doesn't quite have a universal knack for.

I'm appalled at the lack of empathy in this movie, but nevertheless am impressed by the spectacle. Michael Bay has once again placed me in a moral quandary, but, I must say, this is one of his more impressive efforts, even if it is a shallow, uber patriotic wash with no concern for the loss of human life.
October 11, 2017
I adore this movie. It has found a way to humanize a part of history that for most of us, was just something we learned about in history class. I really felt connected in a way that had me cheering for even the supporting characters, horrified during the attack and heart broken through each tragic death. Thank you for bringing true empathy, humanity and life to an event I have only seen through the eyes of historians.
September 21, 2017
It is not as bad as they say it is. Yes it is cheesy and unnecessarily focused on some ridiculous romance, but it does have its merits and altogether it is a good movie to watch, powerful soundtrack and well paced storytelling.
September 2, 2017
I don't understand why the critics disliked this film so much. I think if you begin this film expecting a documentary of the events, you'll be quite disappointed. As for myself, I appreciated the dramatic romance that unfolded. I think people forget that regardless of how tacky the love story was, it had the possibility of occurring.
August 21, 2017
The action scenes are superb, but the romance between the main characters ruins the whole film.
½ July 26, 2017
1 1/2 stars are for the action scenes which are impressive but as for the rest of the film well ... Tora, Tora, Tora did it best and this is nowhere near as good with a trivial love story thrown in.
July 8, 2017
Watched this movie on HBO again just to feel a little better about this country when we had real patriotic leaders. Great movie a classic
½ June 11, 2017
A clone of Titanic, only with louder, more frenetic action, even dumber dialogue and excessive quantities of jingoistic stupidity
June 10, 2017
Good movie!!!
You should watch for the weekend...
½ June 2, 2017
Pearl Harbor has cool effects, but an unbearable love story overshadows it like 90% of the film
May 29, 2017
Love triangle amidst a tragedy. Special effects good during the Pearl Harbor raid, literally everything else about this movie SUCKS.
May 4, 2017
I didn't care for the love triangle myself, but the movie is not as bad as they say even though it definitely falls short of expectations. They just tried too hard to follow Titanic and it shows. (First viewing - June 2001 in theaters)
April 16, 2017
Terrible dialogue but a spectacular battle sequence that at least gives it some respectability
½ April 7, 2017
It just doesn't work...
April 3, 2017
this is just a horrible movie, I have to watch it in class and it makes me rather... sad. while it is an accurate depiction of pearl harbor, the romance is horrible written and takes away from the few good aspects of this movie
½ March 6, 2017
I see what it TRIES to be, but it has a VERY long way getting there. I like the idea behind it. It's potential. But the script is awful. Michael Bay's explosion fetish is showing again. But damn me if those action sequences aren't awesome. The action- great, story-sure, script-no , directing-no, acting- meh.
February 18, 2017
I wish I never saw this movie. The 40-minute action sequence should have been the whole movie.
February 15, 2017
Pearl Harbor per me è uno di quei film che quando ero piccolo avrò visto minimo 10 volte e per questo motivo ancora adesso non riesco a farmelo non piacere. Guardandolo con un occhio più critico si notano dei pessimi dialoghi e numerose esagerazioni che hanno reso oramai famigerato un regista come Michael Bay. Nonostante alcune sue scelte possano sembrare piuttosto scontate e prevedibili, ho apprezzato molto la sua regia, piena di riprese moderne e vivaci con delle sequenze d'azione davvero niente male. Una storia mielosa arricchisce le vicende storiche che vengono raccontate con sequenze d'azione girate con effetti speciali e riprese incredibili, che ancora adesso hanno qualcosa da dire. E' un film pieno di problemi sotto molti punti di vista, ma il suo stile unico e le sue spettacolari sequenze di guerra resteranno sempre impresse nella mia memoria.
February 12, 2017
i think the only good thing about this movie is the explosion