Pearl Harbor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pearl Harbor Reviews

May 2, 2018
It's amazing how little a little more violence can do!
(Director's Cut)
April 8, 2018
A huge disappointment!
March 30, 2018
I absolutely love this movie
March 25, 2018
Excellent story of Pearl Harbor and the desperate days following, with
the story of what we know as 'Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo' and the
effect that had, on the country, and on the war.
Important story of courage and the terrible costs of war.
March 21, 2018
First the Good News. Not bad cinematic and excellent action scenes especially the bombing part. That's all there is. Now the bad news is poor acting, lousy script, stupid story line and the pacing is like a sloth mating. Not to mention an over the top American patriotic nonsense crap. There I said it.
½ March 9, 2018
This movie had relatively little to do with pearl harbor. it should have been called the whiner, the backstabber, and the ho.
January 5, 2018
PEARL HARBOR is a terrible, laughable, cliche-ridden, pathetic and generally boring melodrama set in WWII with a well-done attack scene (before our American heroes get into their planes). The dialogue in this movie is so bad and so unoriginal- you've heard it all before. The movie wants to pay tribute to the fallen soldiers to WWII- but it doesn't do much to honor their memory.
½ December 27, 2017
This has to be the very worst war film ever made!! the lack of fact is awful and the fact Josh Hartnett saying "WW2 just started" in 1941 is the tip of the iceberg. avoid at all costs!
December 24, 2017
I just loved everything, the plot, te characthers. Enjoyed it
December 18, 2017
It's really awesome.
December 8, 2017
BullShit DON'T WATCH THIS FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you go watch titanic saving private Ryan or Dunkirk!
December 7, 2017
Some of the acting and dialogue is pretty bad. Hartnett, Mako and Baldwin are exceptions. And the stuttering guy is good too. The action is top notch to go with excellent sound and a wonderful score. It's Michael Bay trying to be James Cameron, unfortunately it doesn't even come close to Titanic.
November 14, 2017
Cheesy dialogues... and probably some historical inaccuracies... yes.
but the soundtrack is absolutely brilliant, so does the action scenes.
add some great actors and the gorgeous, emotionally evolving Cate Bakinsale and you got a great movie.
probably the most underated movie ever.
½ November 12, 2017
It just doesn't work...
½ October 24, 2017
Smug, schmaltzy and overbearing, Pearl Harbor has "soulless cash-in" written all over it.
October 14, 2017
If this isn't the worst WWII movie ever made, we haven't seen one. Ridiculous plot, ridiculous timeline, ridiculous acting (horrendous in most regards), ridiculous historical accuracy. I could go on and on. Save the three hours you'll waste on this and get a root canal instead - you'll have an extra hour and feel less violated.
October 13, 2017
I'm in an odd spot here. On one hand I can't stand what Randall Wallace did to a potentially heart-wrenching drama by turning it into a lackluster love triangle. However, I can't deny that the second act of the film is pure movie magic. Something that generally Michael Bay doesn't quite have a universal knack for.

I'm appalled at the lack of empathy in this movie, but nevertheless am impressed by the spectacle. Michael Bay has once again placed me in a moral quandary, but, I must say, this is one of his more impressive efforts, even if it is a shallow, uber patriotic wash with no concern for the loss of human life.
October 11, 2017
I adore this movie. It has found a way to humanize a part of history that for most of us, was just something we learned about in history class. I really felt connected in a way that had me cheering for even the supporting characters, horrified during the attack and heart broken through each tragic death. Thank you for bringing true empathy, humanity and life to an event I have only seen through the eyes of historians.
September 21, 2017
It is not as bad as they say it is. Yes it is cheesy and unnecessarily focused on some ridiculous romance, but it does have its merits and altogether it is a good movie to watch, powerful soundtrack and well paced storytelling.