Pearl Harbor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pearl Harbor Reviews

½ October 18, 2018
Excellent movie with full entertainment though bit long.
October 14, 2018
An odd movie that takes a fictional account of real life events. In some ways like Saving Private Ryan but with far less talented people making it. It seemed to me that what they really wanted to do was a film about Col. Doolittle and the "30 seconds over Tokyo" mission but there was not enough explosions for Bay and the writer was not creative enough to do it. A formulaic movie and since we know how this ends and we have seen it before the only difference is the use of computer generated scenes instead of using stock footage.
September 22, 2018
3 hours of Ben Afflec running around saying "just get me into a damn plane". I like these actors usually just not this movie.
September 14, 2018
Although it tries to be the Titanic version of From Here to Eternity and 30 Seconds Over Tokyo, it's just a romanticized version of Tora! Tora! Tora!

The writing, 'romance' and acting are too silly to even compare, and are more comically made than intended. Even its retelling of history is an instant fail. But the battle scenes are intense.
September 3, 2018
After watching Pearl Harbor again today in 2018, 17 years since its release. The movie has more meaning today as an adult than it did as a 20 something when I first watched it. In my heart I know that Pearl Harbor will go down as one of the best epic movies of all time. With a 91% Google rating, I seriously don't care what anyone else thinks. I don't jump on the bandwagon. I'm a Combat vet, a Business owner and Danny will always be flying to me.
September 2, 2018
The war scenes were good. Separately, the personal romance scenes would have made a fine different movie. Together, they please nobody. The fact that a major plot thread- the protagonist's complete illiteracy - is developed and then completely dropped was jarring. I consoled myself that nobody would ever let such an inept director ever direct again. And then.... came Transformers.
September 1, 2018
Nothing is bad here ????
July 20, 2018
Historically inaccurate not just in few details. Unrealistic in the development, location, actions of the main actors/actresses. Unnecessary"Americans feel good" inclusion of the Doolittle raid!
May 2, 2018
It's amazing how little a little more violence can do!
(Director's Cut)
April 8, 2018
A huge disappointment!
March 30, 2018
I absolutely love this movie
March 25, 2018
Excellent story of Pearl Harbor and the desperate days following, with
the story of what we know as 'Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo' and the
effect that had, on the country, and on the war.
Important story of courage and the terrible costs of war.
March 21, 2018
First the Good News. Not bad cinematic and excellent action scenes especially the bombing part. That's all there is. Now the bad news is poor acting, lousy script, stupid story line and the pacing is like a sloth mating. Not to mention an over the top American patriotic nonsense crap. There I said it.
½ March 9, 2018
This movie had relatively little to do with pearl harbor. it should have been called the whiner, the backstabber, and the ho.
January 5, 2018
PEARL HARBOR is a terrible, laughable, cliche-ridden, pathetic and generally boring melodrama set in WWII with a well-done attack scene (before our American heroes get into their planes). The dialogue in this movie is so bad and so unoriginal- you've heard it all before. The movie wants to pay tribute to the fallen soldiers to WWII- but it doesn't do much to honor their memory.
½ December 27, 2017
This has to be the very worst war film ever made!! the lack of fact is awful and the fact Josh Hartnett saying "WW2 just started" in 1941 is the tip of the iceberg. avoid at all costs!
December 24, 2017
I just loved everything, the plot, te characthers. Enjoyed it
December 18, 2017
It's really awesome.
December 8, 2017
BullShit DON'T WATCH THIS FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you go watch titanic saving private Ryan or Dunkirk!