Devdas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Devdas Reviews

June 12, 2016
Devdas is a rich and beautiful film, epic in scope. But it's also painfully melodramatic with unrelateable characters and situations.
May 20, 2016
Ow some movie. SRK acting is fabulous Outstanding. best movie ever
April 13, 2016
The classic Bengali story and it did not disappoint. What a sad, sad story.
February 2, 2016
The lavish sets alienated the story from its source's time.
April 30, 2015
I thought Withering Heights was high drama but Devdas is even more melodramatic but in a good way. I wasn't going to watch a 3 hour movie in one sitting but I did.
November 15, 2014
This movie shows the true spirit of Bollywood. yes devdas is Musical, creative, full of drama and best acting skills shown by the actors makes it an enjoyable treat. Really a piece of art, Shahrukh khan made everything else look flat in front of his act, really 10/10 to him on his artistic approach towards the character, this music is astounding, the storyline gives something that many other movies can't , This true piece of art should be respected well in the society, hats off to all the actors to make it a bollywood legend!
July 21, 2014
An extraordinary Indian film
July 5, 2014
[Interested: cannot find.]
June 6, 2014
The most beautiful movie I have ever seen.
April 3, 2014
This film was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. There is a musical, drama and romance film. The film stars Shahrukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai.

The film tells a story of a boy, Devdas, he is a rich man. He lived ten years in London. He loves Paro but the father's Devdas opposes this relationship because Paro the family's Paro doesn't rich. Paro marries a man but she doesn't love this man and Devdas went in Calcutta and began to drink.

The plot seems to be absorbing and riveting. The photography is amateurish and perfect.

The actors are natural and likeable and the story is realistic because the stories of impossible loves in India are known.

Generally I Find this film absolutely fascinating because the actors are natural and the story is realistic. I recommend this film to people who love the love movie and the movie with music.
March 31, 2014
"Where will I find again my lost innocence... my lost dreams... my lost childhood? Where has the shade of trees gone, where I made myself a home?" -Devdas

This is like the 3rd or 4th Bollywood movie I've seen. I gotta say it was absolutely spectacular. I'm a sucker for romances and this one delivers in all aspects. I couldn't get enough of it after watching it. I was going to go to sleep but I managed to stay up until 6am and watched it all the way through (3 hours+!!).
½ February 28, 2014
Packed with visually beautiful scenes and faces. A classic work of art that branched from one as well, a novella. The poetry verses by the end were perfect. Not that into such tragedic fate but great movie nonetheless.
August 31, 2013
i fell in love in this film...........love is what it is..it shows the way of life...someday sometime true love will return to every person's life......where someone will even ready to sacrifice his life for this love...this film is really dedicated to every true lovers......
June 15, 2013
I love everything about this movie! The music, the costumes, the acting, the story, the cinematography...everything! Even though the movie is 3 hours long it is worth it. Definitely a must see for anyone who's a sucker for music, romance and bollywood!
June 4, 2013
I LOVE THIS FILM:. DEVDAS...: LOVE U SHARUKHAN <3
May 13, 2013
Awful movie. How embarrassing India decided to send this for Academy Award consideration, especially on the heels of a masterpiece like Lagaan. Deft camerawork and beautiful sets can't make up for excessive melodrama and tons of overacting from Aishwarya and Shah Rukh. It's a 3-hour long soap opera. For the love of God, don't see this movie.
March 7, 2013
One of the greatest films ever and this movie is a classic!!!
½ January 26, 2013
An epic, tragic love story that is sad and entertaining. Much of this movie is quite simply a spectacle.
January 15, 2013
Spectacular film. One of the most expensive films of Bollywood. When the pride and selfishness of society interferes on a pair of lovebirds, innocence is lost, so their lives lose themselves to die.
½ December 13, 2012
Spectacular colors, sets, costumes, music... must have cost a fortune to produce. The lovely Aishwarya Rai is absolutely stunningly gorgeous. This is quite possibly one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen... I wanted to give it less stars because it is so tragic and hopeless but you can't deny its power, its message, and its lasting effect.