Peter Pan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Peter Pan Reviews

October 9, 2016
When I was a kid I loved this movie. Seeing it now, it's ridiculous but I still love it. Sure it's random and dialog is weird at times but to me accurately depicts what it feels like to play make believe as a kid. Unlike other kids movies that would tone down the violence and get rid of gore, this movie is not afraid to be violent and have mild gore. This movie does not to treat it's audience lightly. They put in the effort to make something good. And that is what most kids stuff miss. It's a nice fun movie for the whole family.
July 18, 2016
it won't let me watch movies
½ July 14, 2016
Good Peter, effects. Tinker bell was gay, more childish than I wanted, liked the slow dance scene
July 10, 2016
An interesting take on the pan story, even though it doesn't have allot going for it. The mermaids were frightening!
½ July 4, 2016
super creepy, poorly acting, and it is oddly lacking in color for such a fantastical story, the color palette is mostly grays and dark blues, why is it that everything seems to happen at night time?
June 12, 2016
This is still my favorite rendition of the classic tale of eternal youth, no matter how many I see. Jeremy Sumpter does a fabulous job of portraying the charismatic Peter with that devilishly beguiling smile and twinkling eyes that charm you all the way to Neverland. He and Rachel Hurd faithfully portray the touching, innocent, fragile yet confusing adolescent pining of young love as we watch them ponder the gutwrenching quandary of maturity with all its weighty trappings. The ephemeral nature of childhood and the dangers of the real and imagined world entwine seamlessly in this well done, visually appealing film.This movie is sweet, unapologetic surrender to fantasy that proves you dont have to be a lost boy to believe in faeries.
May 16, 2016
Not bad, but nothing special. Actually, the score is absolutely fantastic, and the acting is pretty good as far as child acting goes for the two leads, especially for this story. There's at least one scene that is breathtaking because of those factors. Unfortunately, aside from those, there's nothing here that I can't just get out of the animated Disney film, or Hook, or even the play. If you have two hours to kill, or if you have kids, or if you just really enjoy this story, I'd say give it a rent and see what you think.
April 13, 2016
It's a different version of Peter Pan having it be a live-action is pretty cool it's a ok movie
February 28, 2016
The best version of Peter Pan is this one, which delves deeper into the melancholy underlying the titular character than any other. When Hook calls him a tragedy he is hitting closer to the mark than he thinks. It is visually stunning, well cast and has plenty of memorable scenes.
February 24, 2016
A passable but not spectacular adaptation of the classic story. It's a nice film visually, but the acting is pretty bad. (First and only full viewing - In my mid-twenties)
February 14, 2016
Gave up before the end
February 5, 2016
It is my favorite movie EVER!!!!!
February 3, 2016
Five Stars!
Ok, staring off, I LOVE Peter Pan. It's one of my absolutely favorite stories ever.
This movie absolutely captured everything about Peter Pan that I love.
The Acting, the music, the bright beautiful colors, all work together to create a positively breathtaking experience. I cry every time.
½ January 15, 2016
i would like to see the full movie but yet i can't
October 16, 2015
Well-acted and emotional (yes, I cried), Peter Pan won't stand the test of time like Disney's animated version, but it's still a lot of fun and great piece of storytelling.
½ October 12, 2015
Well, it's actually pretty good, it's like the book and... stuff.
October 5, 2015
I like the peter pan movies
August 9, 2015
The most mysterious version of Peter Pan ever made.
July 2, 2015
for families who enjoy believing