Peter Pan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Peter Pan Reviews

½ November 1, 2017
I really liked this movie, they take it seriously. There's almost a psychotic side to be a boy forever in a world controlled by him.
½ October 8, 2017
I actually really like this adaptation of Peter Pan. I'm apparently the only person who knows this is an adaptation of the classic J.M. Barrie tale and not a loose remake of the racist Disney movie from the '50s. Some of the special effects look dated today but, then again, it's 2003 so I can't expect them to stand the test of time unlike those of The Matrix sequels. Although I really enjoyed that shadow thing they pulled off early on in the movie. Probably some of the most difficult special effects ever. Jeremy Sumpter performs well as the titular character and I don't mind him having an American accent. Besides, I don't remember anyone freaking out about the Disney Pan having an American accent. One thing I really liked about this movie though was James Newton Howard's score. Truth be told, this was one of the first movies where I praised the movie's music. It also tells a worthy story that might make J.M. Barrie proud. Given my current circumstances, I can relate to the growing up theme and how at first the idea sounds frightening but then I realize I just didn't feel ready and have now accepted that I'll have to grow up whether I like it or not. The psychological complexity, man. Jason Isaacs performs a compelling Captain Hook and for some reason, I always find it funny to see him shoot one of his minions dead rather casually because of their incompetence. Lovely fight choreography as well. This fantasy movie is one the whole family can enjoy. Kids need to learn that they have to grow up, don't they? I wonder if this movie will help them come to terms with that scary phrasal verb. I think it will. But I'm no psychic who gets everything right, so who am I to blindly assume that? *sigh* see for yourselves. You'll either like it or you won't.
September 3, 2017
Best Peter Pan I have ever seen it is the best.
½ September 2, 2017
Now this was a ok movie I would say
August 1, 2017
Faithful, if unexciting, version of the famous story.
½ June 18, 2017
Simultaneously groundbreaking and remarkably faithful to the classic play. Yet, tonally the film is never more than the sum of its parts, while Sumpter, although physically perfect, just isn't charismatic enough as Peter.
½ June 18, 2017
A Wonderful retelling of a classic story.
½ May 24, 2017
An interesting take on the pan story, even though it doesn't have allot going for it. The mermaids were frightening!
½ May 2, 2017
This is a different Version from the classic one back in 1953 Captain Hook was a good villain in this movie he was creepy and I thought Peter was good at fighting Hook it's a good fairytale adventure to check out
½ April 7, 2017
Uhhh, it's fine, I guess
December 13, 2016
this is exactly the tone I want when they do there live action film. wonderful brilliant and massively underrated film
½ October 31, 2016
Jason Isaacs strong performance is easily the highlight of this film (by the end you'll probably be begging him to rip peter's winy little self in two) while you'll probably want to strangle Wendy (you can analyse her as being of being brainwashed by the morals and opinions of the day, but don't kid yourself, this self obsessed little shit isn't winning over anyone). Sadly besides hook and Smee, who as usual threatens to steal the show most of the characters are pretty one dimensional and some dodgy effects don't help but some dark themes and the aforementioned performances pull this film through.
October 9, 2016
When I was a kid I loved this movie. Seeing it now, it's ridiculous but I still love it. Sure it's random and dialog is weird at times but to me accurately depicts what it feels like to play make believe as a kid. Unlike other kids movies that would tone down the violence and get rid of gore, this movie is not afraid to be violent and have mild gore. This movie does not to treat it's audience lightly. They put in the effort to make something good. And that is what most kids stuff miss. It's a nice fun movie for the whole family.
July 18, 2016
it won't let me watch movies
½ July 14, 2016
Good Peter, effects. Tinker bell was gay, more childish than I wanted, liked the slow dance scene
½ July 4, 2016
super creepy, poorly acting, and it is oddly lacking in color for such a fantastical story, the color palette is mostly grays and dark blues, why is it that everything seems to happen at night time?
June 12, 2016
This is still my favorite rendition of the classic tale of eternal youth, no matter how many I see. Jeremy Sumpter does a fabulous job of portraying the charismatic Peter with that devilishly beguiling smile and twinkling eyes that charm you all the way to Neverland. He and Rachel Hurd faithfully portray the touching, innocent, fragile yet confusing adolescent pining of young love as we watch them ponder the gutwrenching quandary of maturity with all its weighty trappings. The ephemeral nature of childhood and the dangers of the real and imagined world entwine seamlessly in this well done, visually appealing film.This movie is sweet, unapologetic surrender to fantasy that proves you dont have to be a lost boy to believe in faeries.
May 16, 2016
Not bad, but nothing special. Actually, the score is absolutely fantastic, and the acting is pretty good as far as child acting goes for the two leads, especially for this story. There's at least one scene that is breathtaking because of those factors. Unfortunately, aside from those, there's nothing here that I can't just get out of the animated Disney film, or Hook, or even the play. If you have two hours to kill, or if you have kids, or if you just really enjoy this story, I'd say give it a rent and see what you think.
April 13, 2016
It's a different version of Peter Pan having it be a live-action is pretty cool it's a ok movie
February 28, 2016
The best version of Peter Pan is this one, which delves deeper into the melancholy underlying the titular character than any other. When Hook calls him a tragedy he is hitting closer to the mark than he thinks. It is visually stunning, well cast and has plenty of memorable scenes.