The Punisher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Punisher Reviews

September 18, 2017
Pretty Good Avenging Marvel Comic Film. The Quirky Characters assist with comic relief during the violence of avenging.
September 3, 2017
It is a entertaining revenge flick that is cliche with how it is told and played out. It has some good action scenes with plenty of violence and explosions to go around.
September 2, 2017
Excellent Movie... suprisingly good
½ August 15, 2017
The best thing in this movie was the knife gun!
August 10, 2017
I just saw this movie for the first time today and I look forward to watching THE PUNISHER WAR ZONE tomorrow Personally I think ROTTEN TOMATOES IS ROTTEN. THE PUNISHER IS AWESOME The only didn't like were the fat guy and the skinny guy with the piercings I also didn't like the scene where THE PUNISHER is fighting that assassin and and Joan and her tenants are dancing and lipsyncing to Opera But I LOVED THE FIGHT scene it was AWESOME. I LOVED the part where THE PUNISHER threw a grenade at The Assassin bad he batted it away like a baseballball back at Frank I also liked when Frank shot his knife into the throat of The Guitar Assassin and I LOVED how he framed Quentin and Howard's wife for having an affair and Howard killed them I LOVE THE PUNISHER ROTTEN TOMATOES gives the film a 29% Audience members give it 63% So my solution is to combine the two and give 92%
July 27, 2017
Grade: A. The Punisher just might be the definition of the term "badass"
jamrcla
July 27, 2017
Back before Marvel decided to take over the box office this film came along, It's not a well known comic plus he's not a superhero more an anti hero and after some poor reviews I didn't expect much but I must admit I enjoyed it, It's violent, Bloody, Simple revenge plot it could of been better if the film had a darker tone, The humour was ok but not needed, With a strong cast and some good action scenes it was an enjoyable film, Just a poor script and poor acting and silly mistakes dragged it down but it's still better than I thought and as good as it ever was going to be.
July 25, 2017
Haters are gonna hate... It's the PUNISHER for crying out loud.
½ July 22, 2017
We all have seen a revenge flick before, right? While "The Punisher" might not quite come close to (re-)inventing the wheel, it works great within its confines: contrary to the first film, here we get to witness Frank Castle's transformation into the titular vigilante, told in a very captivating way; the neighbors subplot is a lot of fun, offering a much-needed release; and the punishment itself consists not just of great action but also the few crucial cherries on top. A really strong watch.
June 25, 2017
I really liked Thomas Jane as the punisher, I think heīs perfect for the role. the movie though is a mess, it feels like sometimes the director didnīt know the direction the movie was taking, and they did some things just because something thought it would be funny to be in the film, not because the story needed it. and in the middle of the movie, i find it very boring and not so much that could help the story to going forward.
I give it 2 stars because I liked the end, hoped the movie would have been like this since the beginning.
April 27, 2017
This movie was terrible and good at the same time. The writing, directing, and even the acting was bad. It was also very cheesy and over dramatic at points. But it was still very entertaining to watch because of that and because it's a Punisher movie.
April 17, 2017
one of my favorite Marvel superhero movies and it up there with some of the best superhero movie ever made it better than some of the superhero movies that are getting made to day
April 14, 2017
Loved Thomas Jane in this movie. John Travolta, not so much. The guitar guy and the apartment tenants were cool, but all the other actors gave a half-assed performance.
April 13, 2017
Seriously Underrated. Stylish, Depressing, Thomas Jane is THE Punisher. Funny Moments and Gritty action.
½ March 26, 2017
Oh my gosh, what the hell went wrong with this film!? Sure, some scenes were kinda decent, but for the rest? It felt too cartoonish to pass itself off as an "R" rated Marvel feature! The musical score was out of place! Maybe if it didn't sound like a pink panther tune, this movie could have worked! Even Thomas Janes performance felt a little awkward! And John Travolta? What about him as the villain? He's just playing himself!
This makes me give up hope for Marvel to ever reboot this as a good film!
March 14, 2017
I like Thomas Jane as The Punisher, sue me.
½ February 28, 2017
Grim, violent, and surprisingly nihilistic for a superhero film. The Punisher manages to bring the character to life while no shying away from showing the darker side of humanity along with pulse-pounding action sequences. It may not be enjoyable to some, it may not be the best film, but it IS a good movie and it is entertaining.
January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 27, 2017
This Marvel adaptation, made pre-MCU, is a
very much a neutered take on the character. Instead of bloodlust and punishing violence, it's an ho-hum revenge flick.
January 4, 2017
pretty good movie with some cool scenes. felt a but outdated but i still enjoyed it (about 3 viewings)