Sky High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sky High Reviews

September 17, 2017
Innocent fun. Although it is a kid flick it has a lot of mature humour, too. The Jester is a freaky looking cunt, who I would take great pleasure kicking the shit out of. The action is great and Kurt Russell and Bruce Campbell are the balls.
½ August 26, 2017
good movie really funy and cool but zach was not hero like wtf that is a lot of missed potential movie makeers why didnt he have rediation powers or something i really wanted to see zach, my favorite character of any movie in film history, shine, and not just in the sense of his powers but really become the hero, you know? kinda made me sad that he just got wirtten off as some noby becauyse i saw potential in him i saw his true colors as a strong, sexy boi.
½ August 25, 2017
camp and family hand in hand $3
August 19, 2017
A cool superhero movie that celebrates the underdogs. I love it! (First viewing - Late teen years)
July 30, 2017
I mean it's not perfect but it's a fun satire on the superhero genre. It Is funny for all ages and doesn't feel boring to watch.
July 19, 2017
Great movie want to see a sequel
June 16, 2017
To quote someone on reddit, "this movie has no business being as good as it is". Sky High is incredibly predictable, derivative, and inconsequential, yet somehow the viewer is able to relate to the high school shenanigans and enjoy the characters.
May 29, 2017
While there are some good casting choices (like Bruce Cambell as the Gym Teacher), Sky High is, in my opinion, a pretty lame Disney channel movie that somehow got a theatrical release.
May 14, 2017
Just watched this because I remembered how I used to watch it on just about every road trip when i was younger. Amazing movie
May 7, 2017
Super fun mix of high school teen drama and comic book superheroes. I also loved the conceit of casting Kurt Russell in a Disney film, which is where he got his start in films like "Follow Me, Boys" and "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes." That aside, it's a fun story about a young teen, a likable Michael Angarano, who's parents are the most powerful superheroes in the world, Russell and Kelly Preston, and he is to start his freshman year at the secret superhero high school (which floats on a giant platform in the sky and to which you get to by a flying bus). Freshman are divided into "heroes" or "sidekicks." Angarano is made a sidekick for his lack of powers and make friends with the other uncool sidekicks, who are buried by the popular heroes. It's all pretty typical teen drama when the freshman later becomes cool and must decide if he wants to stay loyal to his outcast sidekick pals or hang out with the cooler heroes. That part of the film works quite well, but it's made all the more fun when you throw in superheroes, super villains, secret weapons and old grudges. The film is also greatly helped by a strong comic supporting cast that includes Kevin Heffernan, Bruce Campbell, Cloris Leachman, Jim Rash, Dave Foley as sidekick teacher Mr. Boy and Kevin McDonald as a very funny Mr. Medulla, Tom Kenny, and the voice of Patrick Warburton, and a very cute Mary Elizabeth Winstead as the cool-kid love interest. You even get Lynda Carter as the principal. Top all this off with a fun soundtrack that consists of covers of 80s classics and you have probably the best Disney live-action film in years.
March 23, 2017
This is the greatest movie of all time. I love how the secret sanctum is clearly a sexual innuendo. The costumes gives me an orgasm and the guy who throws fire and is a dick is so awesome. I love when that one guy says, "SIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDEEEEKIIICCCK!!!!" It's such a sexy voice. I love how the main guy friend zones that girl. The tables have turned! And I know the Magic School Bus ripped off this movie and not the other way around at all.
March 18, 2017
A neat concept, Sky High is surely some fun for the family
March 13, 2017
A very underrated piece of fun and excitement that the whole family can enjoy. With clever jokes, a great cast, and honestly pretty cool visuals (specially for a superhero film with the budget of a Disney show I see no reason why this isn't talked about more. Give the movie watch, you most certainly won't forget it.
½ March 11, 2017
Sky High is about a kid who grows up with superheroes for parents. Sounds like a dream right? It would be if this kid actually had superpowers. As he goes to high-school for kids with superpowers, everybody is expecting everything from him, but to no prevail. As this kid delves into love and puts his friends to the sides, he starts forgetting about them, until something big happens to make him realize who his friends truly are. I'd have to say that this movie was not absolutely amazing, or heaps good, but just good in general. It's a mediocre family movie to say the least. It is a good example of what family-friendly movies should be, although getting terrible feedback from like, everybody. In my opinion this movie was just above average. It does seem to lose it's feel at a few scenes were they make certain comments that doesn't relate to anything, and other certain things that don't make sense at all. Also, the CGI is a bit shit, I understand it's a movie from 2005 but movies like King Kong and Harry Potter 4 came out that year as well, so the time isn't really an excuse for the lack of good CGI at a few scenes. I must hand it to this movie though, a few of the non alien like stunts were actually practical, but the a lot of scenes had CGI as well. All an all this was an above average fun family-friendly movie. 3 and a half stars for sure.
½ February 24, 2017
Fairly entertaining, but too safe to enjoy.
February 23, 2017
"An awesome high school film that brings back some nostalgic memories of watching this as a kid."
½ January 15, 2017
An amazing story with action packed and really fun
November 14, 2016
Exaggeratingly childish. Definitely for the young in a interesting way.
November 14, 2016
antes me gustaba porque era divertida y graciosa,pero ahora es una pelicula media aburrida, la verdad mala parodia,pero no mala pelicula ,si quieres ver una buena pelicula de parodias mira zoolander :).
no es mala,tiene varios momentos divertidos pero no tan divertidos como otras por eso le doy 3 estrellas
November 10, 2016
One of my favorite movies as a kid. Being fascinated with superheroes and comics from a young age, this movie was a good introduction to their movies and seeing my fantasies play out on the silver screen.