Red Eye - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Eye Reviews

October 13, 2016
Optimistic movie. It is telling us to be positive as always and be brave even if there are huge diabolic winds that are trying to kill you... A pure edge-of-your-seat thriller!.. this movie.. I loooooove this movie!!!....
½ October 2, 2016
Great plane terrorist film
August 22, 2016
Red Eye is a good little compact thriller but that's really all I can say about it. It has a reasonable script and good performances from McAdams and Murphy, and under Wes Craven's direction is formed into something better than it deserves. However, the movie never steers away from its cliched plot, and doesn't take risks that would have elevated it to something more than that film you'll sit down and watch if it's on TV. That being said, it's a good film, just not one with much playback value.
½ August 13, 2016
Not the usual from Wes Craven. This is a hell of a thriller. Excellent.
July 30, 2016
A first-rate thriller from Wes Craven.
½ July 4, 2016
An okay first two acts, followed by a very tense and thrilling finale makes Red Eye a solid thriller worth seeing.
June 5, 2016
Haha haha, what a load of nonsense, but what a load of enjoyable nonsense, and at times this thriller was thrilling, and tense. Watch out for the pen though Cillian.
May 7, 2016
the most ridiculous thriller ever known. watch it as a spoof and you may enjoy it. unbelievable tripe!
½ May 5, 2016
Really enjoyed it : a very old-fashioned, straight-forward film, with quite a nod to Halloween at the end ; and under 90 minutes too! Quite a tasty leading lady too, so what's not to like?
April 28, 2016
Two airline passengers seem to be getting on well until one of them threatens the other that her dad will die unless she does as she is told. Not your typical wes craven film, but this is pretty good I have to say
½ April 23, 2016
Rating -0....
absltly nonsense movie..
plz dont waste 80 or so min of ur life.
1) who chat with a guy threatens to kill family? this guy cant make a call, in a plane...shout bomb and job done.
2) a woman dumb enough not to make 1 phone calls till almost end...1 call to police to watch out her dad and call
½ February 20, 2016
A great and simple thrill ride. Casting was fantastic, story was original and fun, and there were no loopholes or loose ends (at least from what I saw). Everything had a point and was meaningful in some way. Would recommend to anyone. Oh and..Rachel McAdams is GORGEOUS!!!!!
February 19, 2016
Every shot and every scene has so much suspense and intensity, it makes it impossible to turn away.
January 27, 2016
Good suspense movie and great fight scenes.
½ January 25, 2016
Rock-solid performances from Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy fuel "Red Eye", a somewhat illogical but nevertheless suspenseful creation of veteran thriller director Wes Craven.
½ January 24, 2016
Simple - well paced, keeps you watching..
½ January 10, 2016
Red Eye is a claustrophobic thriller built around a simple premise that is executed with perfection due to the strong direction from Wes Craven and the two fantastic performances from Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy. The story follows a woman who's returning home on a flight and happens to be sitting next to a man who needs something from her before they land or her father will die; it's Hitchcockian-level suspense, and it works immensely. The film is a brisk 80 minutes and it uses every minute to its advantage, any longer and I think the film would've stretched credibility. As said, Rachel McAdams is very good here, playing vulnerable well but it's Cillian Murphy who steals the show here playing a suave, but intense villain and I think he should take more roles like this, his penetrating eyes are hard to trust. The film definitely lends more to the thriller genre then the typical horror fare for Craven, but his crafting of such an isolated and helpless setting we can all relate to was a stroke of genius. Red Eye is a fun, not-too-violent, thriller that works and it's the last GREAT film, Craven made before his death.
December 12, 2015
I cannot believe this film has gotten many strong reviews and I cannot believe Rachel McAdams took this film role....and I think what so many people substantially overlooked, are the holes within the plot, the size of California. For starters, who were the attempted killers and why were they motivated to take such drastic measures? These plot holes are also cause for weak character development, but for some reason because it was Wes Craven , maybe many reviewers were very forgiving of this lacking but crucial film element. On a more positive note, there was a good amount of suspense which, at least, provided some entertainment value.
December 6, 2015
Red Eye: Strong performances by Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy makes this deftly directed, atypical thriller by horror master Wes Craven a taut, albeit highly improbable, joy ride. B+
½ November 10, 2015
A taut and suspenseful first act crumbles into near-comedy as our scarily efficient antagonist morphs into a bumbling idiot.