Casanova - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Casanova Reviews

½ April 29, 2016
Like most period pieces, the sets and costumes are beautiful to look at. Unfortunately, the characters and situations are too unrealistic.
January 18, 2016
Wonderful scenery of Venice! Cute
December 3, 2015
Brilliant. Hitch and the Dread Pirate Roberts
½ August 10, 2015
A bland film about such a colorful character.
½ June 13, 2015
More comedy than I suspected! Great views of Venice!
½ May 27, 2015
Casanova is a guilty pleasure and a fun movie. With interesting and captivating content material, spear-headed by a very believable Ledger as Casanova, the period-piece maintains consistent enjoyment. With a dialogue filled with comedic value, and a story well crafted to the likes of all impersonations, it is a get go from start to finish. There are many obvious back-drop fakes, and cinematic errors, but given the story and the execution, it becomes easy to ignore the flaws for the greater good. Casanova seems to be easily achieved screen-magic.
May 6, 2015
Har den men har ikke fått sett den enda.
April 1, 2015
I look back upon it fondly.
½ February 20, 2015
Even though this is not my type of film I enjoyed in this quite a artistic way with all the fruity costumes, settings and disguises that take place
February 6, 2015
The film wasn't that bad, it was boring in some scenes, apart from that the film isn't that bad if you're boring
February 5, 2015
Absolutely terrific movie! Aboslutely halarious too. Got a kick out of it!
½ February 2, 2015
such a good movie. i wasn't too sure about it, and thought it would probably be terrible, but i watched it just cause Heath was in it (: it was so awesome, and had a great cast. there were quite a few laugh out loud moments too :D
December 8, 2014
While I'm not as much of a history buff as I probably should be to say whether or not this movie does service to the real Casanova, I will say that as a movie, it's a really cute chick flick. I'm a sucker for period films, and this movie is gorgeous to look at. Lasse Hallstrom put a lot of passion and heart into this film. He filmed the movie entirely in Venice and put a lot of effort into the sets and costumes. The story has a few flaws here and there (again, not taking historical accuracy into account at all, just looking at it as a stand alone movie), but overall, it has a happy ending and if you just want to watch a romantic historical fiction, and see Heath Ledger being his sexy, suave self, this one is a good pick!
December 2, 2014
As if I have participated a carnival in Venice...a glamourous funny merry naughty film with a bit of clichà (C) (but it's fine!).

Love Jeremy Irons and Heath Ledger.....I still can't believe an actor like Ledger has left.
September 7, 2014
Achei delicinha. Sdds Heath!
August 14, 2014
I found it incredibly funny and I think Heath ledger was cast well
August 12, 2014
Goddamn it Heath Ledger why are you so perfect???
½ August 11, 2014
Beautiful to look at, boring to watch.
July 7, 2014
Cliched and anachronistic (naturally). The movie is not actively bad - in fact it is pleasant and passes the time, although Ledger makes an unconvincing Casanova - but the sumptuous production design cannot make up for a script made entirely of cliches.
½ July 7, 2014
It's a shame Ledger died so young. I'm sure he would've produce great movies as he got older.