Perfect Stranger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perfect Stranger Reviews

April 10, 2016
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Halle Berry is either really good or really bad and it was bad in this. This could have been a really good movie, but casting was allllll wrong
½ March 26, 2016
This was probably one of the worst films I've ever seen.
½ March 21, 2016
Good film, it had suspense and a twist you didn't quiet see coming. Creepy friend was great and a welcome spider in the web being weaved by the director but I would have liked more of a look at the main characters psychological state.
½ February 2, 2016
March 20th 2010
January 7th 2013
February 1st 2016
January 10, 2016
As clueless a movie as one can get, Perfect Stranger is a howler of a bad, suspense thriller due to terrible writing, disconnected acting, and one of the dumbest "twist" endings I've ever seen. Halle Berry stars as a disgraced reporter who stumbles onto a possible new story revolving around the murder of a childhood acquaintance, by then posing as a temp for a company owned by the possible suspect played by Bruce Willis in an attempt to find only goes downhill from here. The first major flaw is Giovanni Ribisi's creepy and instantly unlikable performance as Berry's so-called "friend" who's actually obsessed with her and is not subtle about it at all. Then you have the contrived notion that because Halle Berry is gorgeous, her plan to get close to Willis is of course going to work because he is a man-whore, and whadda ya know? IT WORKS! But the worst crime this movie commits is cheating the narrative and when the reveal comes at the end of who the killer is, you'll be face-palming more than gasping. They apparently shot three different endings with different characters being the killer, which proves the writers had no idea what they were doing, and the filmmakers clearly picked the wrong one. A terrible movie on all fronts, save for a slightly good performance from Willis who's at least half-trying and sells the mysteriousness of his character.
½ October 3, 2015
Shitty...this is just a clumsy, horrible film. There's not much else to say about this.
September 1, 2015
Hmm, not too sure about this one. With Hall Berry and Bruce Willis, it can't be too bad, right?
September 1, 2015
Slow pace but is not a bad movie by any means. Is rather enjoyable.
August 4, 2015
got through the titles- thats about it. Berry has fallen, quite hard
May 3, 2015
ok movie. was over hyped
April 21, 2015
Psychological thriller at its best. This movie had me guessing who-done-it till the end. I loved it. This movie was very close to a short, but good book.
January 17, 2015
Pero que malisima es como un telefilm de domingo por la tarde
January 17, 2015
I watched this movie once when it first came out, bought a copy, stuck it on the shelf and forgot about it. And there it stayed for the better part of a decade.
Had my mother over for a movie night, and she chose it. Swear I could not remember a thing about it.
I am not a fan of either Bruce Willis or Halle Berry, and honestly I was pretty bored through most of it and wondering what the hell was I thinking buying it.
Then the big reveal at the end. As I couldn't remember the movie, it was a total shock and then l understood why I'd liked it.
I don't think there will be a third watch, but yes, it was just about worth sticking with.
January 2, 2015
Pretty okey thriller movie with B.Willis and Halle Berry about murder etc. Both have made better ones before but i enjoyed this.
October 29, 2014
Perfect Stranger manages to incorporate a mix of suspense and drama into one thrilling ride that never fails to entertain me or keep me at the edge of my seat.
½ October 27, 2014
Halle Berry doesn't really cut it for a 'lead'. She looks good, though probably more suited as a Bond Girl. This film is boring. You are always waiting for something to happen. I didn't make it to the end.
October 25, 2014
Halle Berry?! Yeah Boy!
½ October 10, 2014
Well this was pretty terrible, filled with bad acting -holy hell Halle Barry how did you win that Oscar? It's not a good thriller, not all that interesting, not original and (except for Giovanni Ribisi) not worth watching. Bruce Willis is another one I'm beginning to wonder about, I think he's given up because lately all he seems to do are these silly little sub-roles where he doesn't even bother to act, he just shows up, puts on a bad wig and collects the paycheque.

Halle Barry plays 'Roe' a journalist who goes undercover to ferret out businessman Harrison Hill as the man who killed her childhood friend. Posing as one of his temps and aided by associate Miles Haley they enter into an online game of cat-and-mouse. Barry sure looks fantastic but her performance is annoying, filled with weird bursts of anger, up and down and just overacted in every way. And wow with the product placement. In a completely unnecessary scene Victoria's Secret highjacks the movie for about 15 minutes with Barry's character packing VS gift bags, a fashion show (with Heidi Klum) and the brand name mentioned multiple,multiple times.

About the only good thing about Perfect Stranger is Giovanni Ribisi, he does a great job and was probably the sole reason I finished watching this. On that note I did't see that ending coming. So yes the twist is good, too bad about the rest of it. 10/8/14
September 28, 2014
don't waste your time
September 23, 2014
i kept wondering when the 'thrill' part is gonna didn't..