Changeling - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Changeling Reviews

June 24, 2017
Perfect story perfect acting.I never tought that i'll love this movie so much.Angelina was perfect,but she can't get the oscar because its Kate's turn :)
½ March 11, 2017
This is a fine movie.

I am not a Jolie fan, but this movie gets better and better as it goes on. At first I found myself waiting for things to happen, as the promos had given away much of the 1st half of the film, however, the 2nd half comes into it's own.

An amazing and terrible tale that is made all the more terrifiying by it being based on a true story.

Clint Eastwood is a genius. His movies are a guarantee of thoughtful and thought provoking topics presented in a meaningful, entertaining and engaging way.
March 3, 2017
A solid if over-long thriller.
February 4, 2017
An interesting true tale retold without insight.
January 18, 2017
When waking up to the sound of someone's words means the world till they go to sleep.
January 10, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 26, 2016
good movie with a good story and a great performance by angelina jolie. very crazy that this was a true story (2 viewings)
December 14, 2016
A great story. A truly Oscar worthy role.
December 9, 2016
Best Angelina Jolie movie.
½ September 22, 2016
First half: a compelling and well-acted mystery melodrama, watching this mother and boy navigate these strange waters is emotionally wrenching. Second half: the character and plot complexities disappear behind forced dramatics and credibility problems. (I think it's time to admit that I'm just not a Clint Eastwood fan.)
½ August 28, 2016
Wonderful acting but definitely hit me hard
½ August 8, 2016
Pretty good, interesting mystery.
½ July 19, 2016
What a difference 8 years makes. This film was positively received at Cannes in 2008. I'm pretty certain it would be laughed out of Cannes today. It is disastrously classical in its composition. 'Bad people' are fought by 'good people' with a nice dollop of 'justice' at the end. Cringeworthy scenes and dialogues are rife; "it gave me something I never had before...hope" followed by "I sentence you to death by hanging" Jolie flinches as the judges gavel is banged down.
I know Ron Howard couldn't direct it, and it seems Clint Eastwood couldn't direct it either. Poor.
July 19, 2016
Wonderful picture, great performance, solid supporting cast. C. Eastwood's fine directing of powerful story yet plot lines seem to collide and overcomplicate picture.
July 13, 2016
An extremely underrated peice of feminist cinema.
July 5, 2016
Okay I'm pretty sure I meant to press Want to See because WOW. I can't believe these were true events. The cast was sublime and the plot was traumatizing but riveting. Angelina was INCREDIBLE.
June 27, 2016
I had been wanting to see Changeling since it was out in theaters. I finally got around to it on DVD. It's a very very good film but I don't know if I could watch it again...so sad. Angelina Jolie deserved her Oscar nod. As Christine Collins she's submissive, soft-spoken and highly emotional (the epitome of what men viewed women to be back then). Amazing acting all the way. I'm glad she stuck it to the LAPD for being assholes. I do love Jeffrey Donovan in "Burn Notice" and it was nice to see him play the bad guy and trust me he's a very bad guy.  Recommended for non mothers.
April 25, 2016
Some cheesy dialogue aside, "Changeling" is an unnerving, fact-based crime drama featuring a flawless performance from Angelina Jolie and, thus, another great film from Clint Eastwood.
April 21, 2016
An intriguing case-study in human nature and the mishandling of justice controlled by Jolie's somber and emotional lead performance.
½ March 21, 2016