Green Zone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Green Zone Reviews

½ October 24, 2016
A little flat storyline. Not what you'd expect when you have both Matt Damon and the producers of Bourne trilogy making this movie. However it does veg the question as to how the US still could get away with the WMD false flag to this day.
½ October 15, 2016
editingul de film de actiune este dinamic, dar scriptul si caracterele sunt prea simpliste. am vazut 15 min.
October 7, 2016
Like Colin Pate, I highly enjoyed this movie!! I saw it recently in 2016 and was amazed at how it captured the feeling and zeitgeist around 2004-2006. 10 years after the Gulf War II, it's easy to look back at it as a colossal mistake motivated by short sighted motivations. This movie plays as fiction but captures the insanity that went on around that time so well that you could easily think it was a reenactment. And just a s pure action movie it works very well, it's a great spy/action/political thriller by itself. As a commentary on what went wrong in the Iraq/American conflict it's devastating.
September 6, 2016
When a truth is revealed, critics stay put !
½ July 27, 2016
Boring Iraqi war film dressed up as a political thriller starring Matt Damon.
Green zone is a slow burning bore that never gets out of second gear and is instantly forgettable.
July 25, 2016
Not as good as I hoped for there was allot of story and not enough action to keep me entertained apart from the final scene but even that was pretty average, It could of been much better or maybe it's beacause i'm an action junkie and want too much from films, At the end of day an ok film that will either bore you or entertain your mind but not your action fix.
July 22, 2016
I don't understand some of the hate for this movie. I found it to be a thoroughly entertaining action thriller, with an interesting story, great direction from Paul Greengrass, and a excellent performance by Matt Damon
June 9, 2016
I don't know too much about how much truth is behind the film but I am impressed at how critical it is to the American society. The plot evolving around the mystery of the non-existent WMD is suspenseful and the portrayal seems real.

Two quotes stuck with me from this film:
1) Freddy to Miller: "It is not for you to decide what happens here." I think that's like a reality check. [speaking in the context of the film] The Americans are too caught up with power and the idea they are doing a good thing because democracy is good to really care of the sufferers, the locals.

2) General Al Rawi to Miller: "Your government wanted to hear the lie, Mr. Miller...". For some reason this really stuck me as the truth of our actual society and the whole point of the movie.
½ April 20, 2016
This had the potential to be a hard hitting Zero Dark Thirty type film, but ended up turning into a conspiracy story. The action was solid as Greengrass does, but the intrigue was cliched.
April 13, 2016
Greengrass and Damon team up yet again in Green Zone and it might look and sound like a Bourne film, however it's lacking the heart and action of the movie franchise.
March 9, 2016
I remember it was good!
January 10, 2016
Described as a political action/thriller, this film succeeds on both accounts. The film's content is made relevant without being overly pushy and the climatic chase sequence is great.
January 9, 2016
I find it amusing that many critics and some reviewers have chosen to use "political bias" as one of the reason for giving this film a lot score. Let's review some indisputable historical facts here.

1. The Bush administration *did* utilize outdated WMD intel or worst yet, fabricated it in order to justify the invasion of Iraq.
2. The Bush administration did decide to dissolve the Baath party and the Iraqi military, creating a massive power vacuum that was not filled adequately for years.
3. Certain elements of the US military did utilize interrogation and torture methods that would be qualify as war crimes under the Geneva convention.

It is due to these above indisputable facts that this film was successful in conveying its overall message. Sure some of the plot points were far fetched too conspiracy minded but that doesn't discredit the primary plot of the movie. Perhaps the reviewers should dig into their own "political bias" and realize that they are on the wrong side of history here.
January 2, 2016
As I got into the New Year I was trying to do some housecleaning on the To-Watch Pile and finally got around to this one expecting some more of what I got from Damon and Greengrass on the Bourne film they did together, but this was a bit more politically edged and slower moving, which wasn't exactly what I was in the mood for.

I would revisit with different expectations, see if the rating changes for me.

Worth a look.
November 19, 2015
Average action movie that never leaves you bored but never blows you away.
September 26, 2015
Excellent film from start to end. Very interesting too.
September 18, 2015
fast and exciting beginning but then lets impossible political boringness throughout, but good action though
½ August 3, 2015
It's not for you to decide what happens here...
½ July 19, 2015
Finally got round to watching. Impressive location but the story doesn't match. A bit dull - found myself checking the news on my phone during the film.
½ June 25, 2015
Matt Damon gives a great performance and the film's politics are refreshingly honest and don't feel watered-down by the studio heads, however Green Zone's inconsistent pacing and cliches prevent it from being extremely memorable. I wanted to like this movie, and even though one of the final scenes and lines will stick with me for a while, Green Zone is a disappointment.