9 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

9 Reviews

September 23, 2016
I feel sorry for the people who cannot see how good this movie is .
½ September 11, 2016
Very interesting! Not many films quite like it.
September 9, 2016
at first I thought it looked like a terribly animated movie, but the plot mostly interests me.
½ August 3, 2016
Seen it didn't like it
July 17, 2016
Melancholy yet beautiful. The plot could have been deeper though.
½ July 9, 2016
I liked it. I didn't love the ending...but it was pretty good. "Animation" was really cool.
May 26, 2016
Although the story features nothing new,the concept is somthing to enjoy and make you think.
May 13, 2016
Epic movie! Good luck on the sequel
May 9, 2016
A zany movie from two of the biggest minds in cinema at the time. How could it fail!? Unfortunately, this imaginative CGI movie fails in almost every way. Poor characters, story, and pacing are it's biggest slip ups. However, I feel as though if this movie was a stop motion film, it would have a larger cult following... maybe one as big as the Nightmare Before Christmas.
May 8, 2016
Beautiful animation, but the story is uninspired and I wasn't drawn in. Passable as way to waste time...
Resonant Line: "5: You know, you're just like him; you forget to remember to be scared."
April 20, 2016
Although not a perfect movie, it's still enjoyable. I do think, however, that the deleted scene of ''Taking the Offensive'' should have been kept in the final cut, since it shows more characacter development for Christopher Plummer's character. The animation is amazing with all it's detailing, and it's dark in all the right places. Overall, 9 is NOT a movie for everyone, but i think there's something people can enjoy in it.
March 31, 2016
One of the best movies I've ever seen, the designs in particular are wonderful and I just love the interactions between the Stitchpunks and how handy and their tendency for physical contact it's so cute. I don't really understand why the rating is so low personally? Each to their own but I'd highly recommend it and everyone I've mentioned it too mentioned it as a favorite so I'd say if it seems like your kind of movie or you just enjoy great animation and design I'd say go ahead and watch it! (I'm sure going to, for the fourth time or so)
March 23, 2016
If kids want to watch a horror movie give them this. It's dark and gritty enough with enough jumps to shake them up in a way that won't be scarring to them as though they watched Nightmare on Elm Street. For adults, it's a dark post-apocalyptic flick that is poignant, and yet still whimsical. Wonderful cast, beautifully animated, and an interesting storyline. I really enjoyed it.
March 4, 2016
best trailer music but horrific as well. got to see this.
½ February 27, 2016
The animations were very interesting and I liked the character design. I just found myself slowly losing interest in what was happening, both times I tried to watch the film.
½ February 20, 2016
Forgettable story and a surprisingly bland voice work, but worth watching for the stunning visuals.
½ February 14, 2016
It is what you expect from looking at the poster. It's dark, twisted, and strange. You just never really care enough about what's going on because the overall presentation left me cold and unconnected.
February 9, 2016
Intriguing and very interesting animated movie that will appeal to sci fi fans. It's not as upbeat as other animations but it is a smart movie that is both intense and unique. I had a fun time with it.
February 3, 2016
flop! never got round to watching this film and i only watched it because a mate reminded me. what a soulless film (pun intended).
January 30, 2016
has an intriguing art style