9 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

9 Reviews

January 23, 2017
Visually fascinating, but it's so convoluted and confusing in it's plot that it's hardly worth remembering
January 7, 2017
I need to re-watch this, haven't seen it in a while.
December 10, 2016
Great film, the sgi animation is well done. Still a good movie to watch more than once.
December 4, 2016
not bad to me I like it I could see why people didn't like it
½ November 12, 2016
I really enjoyed this under rated gem. Just watched it today on TV while yes the ending was a little meh, the dark but beautiful visuals, good voice acting from Elisha wood and others, and very tense action all together make a very enjoyable sifi thriller
October 15, 2016
Okay, many people say it's a 3 star rating, but that is not true. this film was overall, the best film of all time, with an amazing soundtrack, great voice acting, decent animation, and an amazing story witch spits on the grave of "Ice Age: Collision course". And the end also makes me cry.
October 15, 2016
Not bad... It was exciting. I guess I really felt like the movie was missing something. Maybe the story could have been developed more...
½ October 5, 2016
9 doesn't have a particularly unique story (character concept, maybe) or interesting characters, but the atmosphere, concept, and frightening imagery makes it a interesting experience. It manages to be interesting enough, and be a fulfilling story with a cool universe.
September 23, 2016
I feel sorry for the people who cannot see how good this movie is .
½ September 11, 2016
Very interesting! Not many films quite like it.
September 9, 2016
at first I thought it looked like a terribly animated movie, but the plot mostly interests me.
½ August 3, 2016
Seen it didn't like it
July 17, 2016
Melancholy yet beautiful. The plot could have been deeper though.
½ July 9, 2016
I liked it. I didn't love the ending...but it was pretty good. "Animation" was really cool.
May 26, 2016
Although the story features nothing new,the concept is somthing to enjoy and make you think.
May 13, 2016
Epic movie! Good luck on the sequel
May 9, 2016
A zany movie from two of the biggest minds in cinema at the time. How could it fail!? Unfortunately, this imaginative CGI movie fails in almost every way. Poor characters, story, and pacing are it's biggest slip ups. However, I feel as though if this movie was a stop motion film, it would have a larger cult following... maybe one as big as the Nightmare Before Christmas.
May 8, 2016
Beautiful animation, but the story is uninspired and I wasn't drawn in. Passable as way to waste time...
Resonant Line: "5: You know, you're just like him; you forget to remember to be scared."
April 20, 2016
Although not a perfect movie, it's still enjoyable. I do think, however, that the deleted scene of ''Taking the Offensive'' should have been kept in the final cut, since it shows more characacter development for Christopher Plummer's character. The animation is amazing with all it's detailing, and it's dark in all the right places. Overall, 9 is NOT a movie for everyone, but i think there's something people can enjoy in it.
March 31, 2016
One of the best movies I've ever seen, the designs in particular are wonderful and I just love the interactions between the Stitchpunks and how handy and their tendency for physical contact it's so cute. I don't really understand why the rating is so low personally? Each to their own but I'd highly recommend it and everyone I've mentioned it too mentioned it as a favorite so I'd say if it seems like your kind of movie or you just enjoy great animation and design I'd say go ahead and watch it! (I'm sure going to, for the fourth time or so)