Creation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Creation Reviews

½ November 24, 2016
A solid and mostly restrained biopic about all the sadness and personal conflict that Charles Darwin went through while writing a book that would forever change History, and fortunately it avoids any sign of melodrama and has a strong performance by Paul Bettany.
½ October 4, 2016
Based on "Annie's Box," -- a biography penned by Charles Darwin's great-great-grandson Randal Keynes, using personal letters and diaries of the Darwin family-- "Creation" takes a unique and inside look at Darwin, his family and his love for his deeply religious wife, Torn between faith and science, Darwin struggles to finish his legendary book "On the Origin of Species," which goes on to become the foundation for evolutionary biology.
½ March 5, 2016
A solid cast in a biography of one of the most important figures in history is an intriguing proposition but here the opportunity is largely wasted. The story focuses on lesser aspects of Darwin's life, relies far too heavily on visions to forward the narrative and so the result is all a bit dull.
February 25, 2016
I love this side of the story! With great acting too.
December 17, 2015
Really fell for this one. 'Enjoyed' is inappropriate for a film which is a study of grief and features the death of a child at its centre. It's beautifully done, with many British stalwarts among the cast. Despite a narrative that jumps back and forth in time, it's very comprehensible and moving.
½ July 26, 2015
A strong and sad portrayal of an almost all consuming grief, played very well though perhaps a little overly reliant on the idea of waking and non-waking dream sequences. It is not though grief or even personal conflict that mark out Darwin and it is this story that is not told here, the story of ideas and experiences that shed light on how todays understanding came into their foundations
July 26, 2015
Please God, make this movie about Darwin good. I won't ask for anything ever again, I promise.
½ July 12, 2015
Enjoyable but strange. Portrays well the challenges of finding humanity in the dogmatic science or dogmatic faith.
March 22, 2015
Creation is one of those movies that touches me on a personal and emotional level, making any review I could give it biased. However, taken out of that context, it was a fairly decent film on the life of Charles Darwin that focused more on his personal life than anything else. Most people who've read or seen anything on the topic probably won't learn much or get anything new from this film, but it's amusing and a treat for fans of this brilliant man.
December 8, 2014
might be good, I just want to see how accurate it is.
½ November 2, 2014
It is a partially wasted opportunity to highlight Darwin's life and work. There are hints of the film that it could be, which multiplies the sadness of this viewer. At the end it fails to move beyond being a moving family drama with some excellent performance and cinematography and fails to highlight the uproar caused by Darwin's seminal work.
October 7, 2014
It was interesting for me to learn more about Darwin's personal life, but that was the only thing I liked about this movie...
August 29, 2014
Biografia de Darwin mostrando o conflito pessoal e social que o biólogo passou antes de publicar A Origem Das Espécies.
May 26, 2014
It can be very depressing at times, but if you're willing to go through with it, it is truly a great film
February 23, 2014
Great film, a very enjoyable look into the life of Darwin.
November 26, 2013
The script is not good enough in this one. I never got the tension that's referred to in Darwin's struggle with his own discoveries. Also, I did not believe Jennifer Connolly's character and could not see her as a staunch religious person.
½ October 15, 2013
Many people see it as one of the most controversial thought...
But maybe....just maybe that it's just one thought from one person and it doesn't need the world to judge for what's right and not...
½ September 21, 2013
Is a brilliant film about the writing of the origin of the species and the turmoil that Darwin and his wife suffered also at the loss of their oldest child, it's heartbreaking. You will cry, and it's an amazing story. Darwin was a true genius. Brilliant film too.
½ September 14, 2013
it was a very wonderful yet haunting movie. I thought it was well done. however I wonder how accurate it is.
August 19, 2013
I did try to watch this movie, but it was so slow and tedious that I had to stop.