Puss in Boots - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Puss in Boots Reviews

½ November 29, 2016
Lovable characters and stylish story.
½ November 4, 2016
It's enough to expand its Shrek universe and embrace its surprisingly charming side-character. Puss in Boots' solid CGI, star-studded voice cast and loveable charm hides the hairball of mishaps in plot that congested the film. 3.5/5
½ August 5, 2016
Puss In Boots deepens the lure of this iconic character from the Shrek franchise and manages to solidify its charm with great visuals and cute cast of characters.
August 5, 2016
A surprisingly fun film which doesn't rely on the success of Shrek to gain its plaudits. Despite spawning from Shrek, Puss in Boots manages to breed it's own world with it's veryown characters. They are very familiar characters but the take on the fairy tales is original and a lot of fun. The script is tightly woven and links together well giving an emotional backstory that is worthy of the required character arcs. The animation is as solid as you expect from Dreamworks as is the A-list voice cast. It is potentially Humpty Alexander Dumpty that steals the show here who is well voiced by Zach Galifianakis. There are stumbles, especially after the halfway mark where it all threatens to fall to pieces but the final act does bring it back on track despite not hitting the initial laugh count. There are laughs, action, fairy tale and darkness and all comes together to make a thoroughly enjoyable film. Shrek it isn't quite but it certainly beats some of the poorer animation efforts.
July 31, 2016
This is good without being spectacular. Funny in parts but not setting me ablaze with laughter, although I can see this really appealing to the younger generation. The animation is World class, the voice overs are very fitting to the characters expressions and it's got a very endearing feel good vibe to it. Based around several nursery rhymes and children's books, it sees the journey of Puss going in search of some golden eggs in order to help restore riches to his home town, and regain his honour in the process. With Kitty soft paws, Humpty Dumpty and Jack and Jill all part of this incredible journey, there is a real mash up of well known adventures. It's humorous without being crude, musical without having any real recognisable tunes, and pleasing on the eye without warranting much repeat value. I was genuinely surprised about the ending in the sense that one character appeared to fall to their death which never really happens in fairy tales, and despite my love for all things gruesome, some times the setting just doesn't lend itself to a bit of horror, no matter how innocent and animated it may be. Pitched as a prequel to Puss' introduction in Shrek 2, this provides perhaps more of a teaser to the main event that's capable of entertaining both Children and adults. Solid movie to keep the kids busy but not diverse enough to really capture my appetite.
½ July 29, 2016
A very entertaining spin-off.
½ July 24, 2016
Whilst not all-around impressive, Puss In Boots is an adventure featuring great screenwriting and animated visuals.
July 9, 2016
muy diveritida, no te vas a aburrir si la ves, la verdad un gran spin-off de shrek.
July 2, 2016
A fast, funny, and, a great animation, With great visuals, some mexican-fashioned action, and an strong Antonio Bandeiras performance, lending your voice, to an reinvented iconic character!
½ June 29, 2016
While not as memorable as Shrek 1 or 2, this film has a lot of things that they had, charm, wit, great visuals and a fun story. I enjoyed this movie, and I recommend watching it, especially if you love this character.
½ June 22, 2016
6/22/2016: It was ok. Not as good as the Shrek movies, but had a few laughs.
½ June 22, 2016
Good but I like shrek more. Cool

2011
June 16, 2016
What can I say, this film is just pure good old fashioned fun from beginning to end. Plenty of wit, dazzling visuals, sassy music, and stacks of charm. Great for both adults, kids, and of course, cat lovers.
June 7, 2016
It's nothing new, but style, charm and clever moments are done well enough to for the family.
½ June 6, 2016
7.4/10
Puss in Boots was not one of my favorite characters in The Shrek movies. I had no interest in seeing a spinoff star him. This movie surprised me on so many levels. The animation was amazing and the story kept me watching the movie with interest. This movie was excellent and anyone who enjoys Shrek, will love this.
jamrcla
½ June 5, 2016
Really funny loveable kids movie that has heart, Some bits made me laugh but really for the kids, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, Better than Shrek Forever After but not the rest, But still worth a watch.
½ May 20, 2016
Puss in Boots may be a little forgettable, but it has a charming tone and some entertaining moments.
½ April 29, 2016
Side stories are very hit or miss, more miss than hit recently. However, this movie did the right thing when taking a great side character and giving him his own movie. A separate story, new characters, and another deeper look on this world created by the Shrek franchise. This is a great stand alone film that you can see without seeing Shrek.
March 27, 2016
Better then it has any right to be, Puss in Boots is not only action packed and clever, but also reignites the Shrek universe with renewed purpose - and renewed heart.
March 27, 2016
Puss In Boots is a movie which does not disappoint, as it had a lot to offer but in the end, it ends up delivering that.