Triangle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Triangle Reviews

January 15, 2017
What a piece of garbage movie. I've seen a lot of great time travel / time-loop movies recently, and this movie is just a god damn piece of shit. The actions of the characters make no fucking sense, and it just ruins the experience. The plot makes no sense, you can tell from 1/3 through the film. I enjoyed it up until I realized nothing made any goddamn sense. Don't watch this movie. You're wasting your time, just like the fucking idiot protagonist.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 25, 2016
A solid psychological horror with a stand out performance from the lead actress.
½ December 19, 2016
I've watched this film several times now, and to this day, there are moments that still confuse me, and it still raises several questions in me.

Even with those in mind, I still can't help but absolutely love this movie. It's a cinematic masterpiece in so many ways, and perfectly encapsulates desperation, confusion, and thrills. As more of the mystery is revealed, you start to feel as lost and alone as the protagonist.
½ December 5, 2016
Triangle is slightly too clever for its own good. I liked it a lot, but it runs into the same problem that another time travel movie I recently saw ran into, namely having a closed time loop, and the problem of an event causing itself, and therefore perpetuating the loop. However, there is no entrance point to initiate the time loop, and Triangle never effectively solves this problem, whether to leave it ambiguous, or because the writer simply couldn't figure out how. Several other inconsistencies make it one of those movies that that is frustrating while engaging. If you're paying attention, you'll follow it pretty easily, and it is incredibly fun to see each version of the same few scenes play out in different ways, and see the different perspectives, but some will probably not be able to overlook the problems that slowly unravel the logic of the thing.
November 6, 2016
A muddled mess of a movie full of plot holes. I like surreal films, but there still needs to be rules put in place that makes the suspension disbelief plausible. This film constantly breaks its own rules and just makes you feel they were making it up as they where filming it. Rubbish!
November 6, 2016
Tis another time loop film but for the first time it outshines the rest. Once you get it, it's eery! Just the thought of it, gives you the creeps.

There's a lot of speculation and theories around the net what it's all about. I don't know where they get these absurd theories when it's plain and simple. Warning spoilers ahead. So here we go:

The real start of the movie is the car crash. The bad mom who abuses her
kid died. Both of them died. The mom was taken by Death but she cheated death. She promised to come back to Death but she never did. She thought she could outsmart death. So no matter what she did it always goes to the car crash scene. You can never cheat death. And that's was so scary. In the TV series Preacher, this theory of hell is also shown. It's the same nightmate over and over again. The film also talked about Sisyphus, which was already a clue of what is going on. Sisyphus was a god who cheated death and as a punishment he carried a boulder to a hill over and over again. Which happened to the mom.

So there. The only thing that's off in the film is the mask which is similar to Timecrimes. Still this is one of my favourites this year.
October 29, 2016
One of the poorer films in its genre. Ridden with plot holes that completely ruined the movie for me. The plot pretends to be more than it is which just ends up leaving the viewer disappointed. Directing was decent overall but had a few jarring cuts the serve to confuse the viewer. Wouldn't recommend, plenty of better alternatives within the genre.
October 18, 2016
31 Days of Horror 2016 #9
½ September 21, 2016
The movie is worth the watch but by the time you've finished the second half, you've realized that the first half should have been very different. Overall a fun waste of time served as a plot full of holes.
September 2, 2016
I acctually never like to watch straight to dvd movie but this looks intresting. I'll check this one out.
½ September 1, 2016
There are creepy films. There are super creepy films. Then there is this.
½ August 22, 2016
An exceedingly smart and tragic thriller.
August 16, 2016
Sure the film is very loopy, but the plot played out exactly one would expect.
August 12, 2016
Intriguing film. Fantastic performance from the lead actress.
August 11, 2016
Guess you have to be in the frame of mind to see a twisted Ghost Ship, Ground Hog Day, Serial Killer, Psycho Flick... Sorry didn't think it was worth the watch, wouldnt buy it..
August 2, 2016
Masterpiece of a movie. Every little detail in the movie has meaning but sadly most people don't fully understand it. Even the description for it on rotten tomatoes is wrong. The Bermuda Triangle?? Really? That wasn't mentioned once in the movie and it's called triangle for a different reason...and not just because the boat was called triangle. Anyway it's a hugely under valued and misunderstood mind twister of a movie. Highly recommended.
July 19, 2016
Twisted & confusing! Packed with turns and gore, once you start getting more Into it it'll make a lot more sense! Acting was well done, gore was good, story was amazing, and the twist blew my mind! Love this movie!
½ July 12, 2016
A surprisingly thrilling Möbius strip of a movie.
June 26, 2016