Triangle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Triangle Reviews

July 19, 2016
Twisted & confusing! Packed with turns and gore, once you start getting more Into it it'll make a lot more sense! Acting was well done, gore was good, story was amazing, and the twist blew my mind! Love this movie!
½ July 12, 2016
A surprisingly thrilling Möbius strip of a movie.
June 26, 2016
loved this mindfuck movie
½ May 31, 2016
It's definitely different. Compared to most other recent horrors, this one delivers some scares, and most importantly keeps your attention right til the end.
The movie would be 4* or more as a Sci-Fi instead of the many Horror lists it finds itself on.
½ May 22, 2016
Mindbending movie with fresh and innovative ideas and clues scattered all over the place. Cries for a 2nd viewing and would actually be better the next time around when you pick all the tiny details. It holds its premise till the end and doesn't fall apart at the conclusion as many others do. Has definitely numerous plot holes which I would simply forgive for all the brilliance the atmosphere it creates.
Edit: I newly watched a Spanish movie called "Timecrimes" which had a lot with this one in common. Timecrimes however was made in 2007 so this one was almost a remake of Timecrimes.

SPOILER

The only difference was that Timecrimes was simpler and linear with basically everything explained. Triangle plot however occurs within a loop with lesser explanation provided which was more thrilling and mysterious and elevated the experience of the 2nd viewing. In direct comparison I would say Triangle is the better movie but Timecrimes has credit for being more unique. I would recommend both movies.
½ April 24, 2016
This movie is so complicated that I suspect no person is able to fully understand it in first go. The plot is creative, and the storyline is messy like spiderweb, but the outcome is not too bad thou.
March 25, 2016
A rare film that challenges the audience to keep up with its constant twists and turns and greatly rewards those who do.
March 5, 2016
Complete mindf*ck. The less you know before watching it the better. Afterwards, go ahead and read the countless blogs and reddits dedicated to figuring out exactly what happened.
February 17, 2016
An unusual thriller that deserves credit for its exquisite direction and genuinely oppressive, mysterious atmosphere. But even though the plot seems ingenious and smart, it is in fact too illogical and with so many plot holes that by the end it doesn't really make any sense.
January 25, 2016
Unique horror or mystery movie, worth seeing just for the plot =D 3.5/5
½ January 17, 2016
Awful film. Entire waste of time watching
January 16, 2016
Is it an incredible, smart Scifi , horror mystery? Is it absolute nonsense? This film seems to polarise audiences, I'm leaning slightly towards the latter.
January 13, 2016
Though by its halfway point it throws a few new twists and turns, for the most part Triangle is a retread of previous time-loop movies with the undeserved attitude that it's doing something new.
January 1, 2016
On the surface this looks like a bland story about pretty people running away from a slasher movie villain and it must be said that some of it's twists can be virtually assumed if not considered obvious from the trailer. Triangle is not just as simple as it appears though, I am glad to say. After a mysterious beginning and then a predictable but pacey middle third, the story serves up an exceptional twist laden ending. The best thing about this film is that the unexpected moments are emotionally weighted and there to develop the characters and the concept of the film rather than just simply shock. Maybe there are a couple of little stumbles along the way but this is a film that exceeds it's B-Movie expectations in leaps and bounds and is aided by some above par directing and acting. A genuinely pleasing suprise.
November 12, 2015
Not only because the weirdness of this movie, but also the screenplay and its synchronization of story makes this movie a cult one and interesting one simultaneously.
October 17, 2015
Triangle is a genuinely inventive tale of terror on the high seas. I've just watched it for the second time and still feel that I could revisit it again quite soon. Whether it completely hangs together I'm not entirely sure but cinema is supposed to get us thinking and Triangle certainly manages that.
½ October 10, 2015
Deep and subtle. I was confused though. Acting was subpar.
½ October 1, 2015
I watched half an hour of it, turned it off in disgust & deleted the recording from my PVR!!!
September 28, 2015
Pretty Good, The Writer is a Genius. I think this may have been done before with similar movies or maybe video games, however this style is rare So If it was I couldnt tell you who else has done it, lol
I would think this would be very difficult to write and Film.
Good Flick.
September 26, 2015
An unusual thriller, I would not go so far as to call horror. Very well made, acted and the less you know about any of it the better it is.