Warrior - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Warrior Reviews

December 24, 2017
Tom Hardy once AGAIN hits home with the fierce emotion. A powerful movie with relatable family disputes. You know it's a good movie when you're gritting your teeth til' the very end.
½ December 12, 2017
Warrior
Sports films have usually had some sort of inspiring tale that can be very uplifting for the audience. These movies always have to have an underdog who ends up being a very big part of the movie. In Warrior, Tommy overcomes all sorts of adversity. His dad leaves him and his older brother at a very young age. His family fell apart because of alcoholism. Tommy ends up using that as his drive to become a very good boxer which also brings him home money. This movie represents a couple things like never giving up and putting family over everything.

Boxing films, however, are the most introspective of the bunch. Inner turmoil and family hardships always play a part outside of the ring and often prove to be the biggest opponents to prevail over. There is no team when it comes to fighting; outside of your trainers and coaching staff, it's all a mind game to be at peace with one's self.

The movie Warrior fits this underdog take all kind of plot. This plot is a little different from the other fighter movies because it encompasses every single struggle he goes through. While on this journey, he has to become a better person. Little does Tommy know that his older brother that he lost contact with is doing the same thing because he is struggling with money. These kind of movies are what audiences love to watch.

To start you off with some background, Warrior is not a boxing film; instead, it goes for the more modern edge with UFC fighting. The combat in Warrior is brutal and lean, mixing up punches with deadly kicks and submission holds.

The film's plot design is two brothers. A torn apart family and conflicting personalities, enter a UFC tournament and are set on a collision course for a heated reunion. But the only problem is that they want to beat the crap out of each other. But it's the journey to that point of impact, where Tommy (Tom Hardy) and Brendan (Joel Edgerton) train and grow to understand what they are both fighting for, that's where the film shines.

A big part of this movie is the two brothers trying to forgive their father. This is what makes this movie so emotional for the audience. The father forced a lot of strain on these two boys who are now rivals. But the only way for that to end is for the final fight to happen.
Brendan's wife shows you what is looks like to be worried about her husband. Frank Grillo is his trainer who trains him to beat the best. Nolte ends up becoming Tommy's trainer which makes this movie even better.

A film centered on two brothers vying for redemption with the other relies almost solely upon their heavy shoulders. It's further crucial when the story has them pounding other giant-sized men as if they were bags of meat waiting to thaw. Warrior supports two actors who go beyond the distance required for a sports film of this nature. Tommy and Brendan are both fully believable as UFC fighters and there's no visible or physical sign that they couldn't handle being in the caged ring.

Tommy is almost a polar opposite of Brendan. A rough soldier of duty who has a vigorous attitude that translates perfectly into the world of UFC fighting. He seems to be more of an emotional nutcase than Brendan and has a great deal of withheld aggression towards certain family issues. Hardy is a giant who dwarves Brendan. when they finally come face to face, but that's how Tommy is meant to be portrayed compared to the more nimble physique of Brendan.

These are two brothers, although seamlessly unlike, who together share a bond that carries over through endless resistance. This is why the ending of Warrior will have audiences standing in cheer. These men are fighting for family. These men want to create a bond that will never be broken. The climax is exciting and unpredictable but also a terrific emotional resolution for every character in the film. Most importantly, the troubled brotherhood between Brendan and Tommy finally comes to a heartfelt and rewarding conclusion. Hardy and Edgerton deserve most of the praise since their performances are essential to Warrior being such a moving picture.
October 10, 2017
Moving and powerful, those are the words to describe this movie.
October 9, 2017
I can't say enough about how amazing this movie is. It contains everything you could want: drama, action, stellar acting, redemption, solid story, and an incredible ending. You won't regret seeing it!
½ August 13, 2017
?? ??????? ????????? ?????????? ??????. 1 ??? ?????????? ?????????? ??????? ?????? ???? ??????????? ??????. ?????? ??????? ????? ???? ???????? ???????? ???? ??? ????????? ???????? ??? ?? ?????? :D
August 11, 2017
One of the most moving movies about competitive fighting I've ever seen. It truly is a must see for anyone who has a sibling. With all of the fast paced fight scenes, there's a truly humane and gut wrenching family drama that drives the whole thing. This drama is backed by excellent performances all around. The movie is constantly entertaining and definitely has a strong emotional impact.
½ July 16, 2017
Warrior and The Fighter are movies about the fighting word. Both are authentic, well written and well played. If you like movies with fights both are just made for you.
Good story, good cinematography, good acting, good fights.
½ July 9, 2017
Barely watchable....well maybe not.
July 7, 2017
4 stars for this movie the performance of Tom Hardy its woth it.
July 4, 2017
Outstanding movie. Tom Hardy was a beast, Nolte was amazing, & the raw talent writhing was just awesome. I may not like UFC, but I loved this movie. Powerful.
½ June 28, 2017
An affecting and beautiful family drama with strong performances by Tom Hardy, Nick Nolte, and Joel Edgerton.
June 26, 2017
Couldn't take my eyes off Tom Hardy. He's perfect in everything he does.
June 20, 2017
Challenge: try to watch this and not get all misty eyed while doing so. Great story, great execution and great all around drama film 5 stars out of 4!
June 18, 2017
Amazing flick about family and forgiveness. Nick Nolte and Tom Hardy's on screen chemistry steal the entire show.
June 13, 2017
warrior ain´t just the best movie of 2011, is the best boxing movie ¨actually kick boxing¨ of the 21st century so far.
May 21, 2017
Had it not been for the great acting from Hardy, nolte and edgerton, this movie might have felt like a formulaic sport movie but it managed to transcend the genre. It was movie with heart and no cringe worthy moments that one might expect from this type of a film. The warrior made for a warm and gripping experience that will make you truly care for the characters and invested into the outcomes.
May 21, 2017
When we see we made a new life for ourselves when our old life wasn't taking us places that we lay low and down in the dumps alone. When what we see surprises us lifts us up when somethings return. When we see others have changed, and others haven't changed to see the reason why we return is for some coaching help to get us back on our feet. When we see we can't have any liabilities to see this is only business when we are in the ring. When we see others are no match for us to see can take them down. When we see somethings that we can't help to let them down easy. When we see the good old days of a promising future, to see it is still not too late. When others see a promising future still when they just need better coaching. When we see what we must do to keep ourselves up to knock those down. When we see we provide no matter what when we are desperate to not go down. When we see we can take care of ourselves to see we don't need no hand outs. When we only see what we want and whom can help to see we don't want anything else when they never saw to cared or provide before. When what we see is what we do, when we are used to those seeing us when we teach for a living. When we can't make others see what we do, when they see more then meets the eye to put a stop to what we sre seeing when it gives a black eye to whom we represent. When we see we lived a double life before to see we can balance both. When we see if our profession wasn't in the way we would like to see what we see. When we see no way out of one fight to see there's one way in to another that gets us out. When we see our old methods are tested and true. When we don't want to see any old anything when we dont want to see something's so early. When we can see just about everywhere and evetything in some places when we see ourselves broadcasted world wide when we take down somethings that are good. When we see more then some people, but see one of us that escaped. When we see that we rely on new tested methods to see we get training from those in better shape. When we don't see some people fighting to can't see training when we are old.

When we wished to see others to them not wanting to see us. When we see we are not wanted when we never wanted others. When we see we were never wanted to prove ourselves to be seen and wanted, when we know this business only wants what is good. When we see to taking care of those whom we once used to see to keep a promise to keep seeing them, their family is good when they had saved our life. When we see we are in to remain in when we see we need to train and fight hard. When we see there is buzz around some people we see and dont see to know we are being eyed to win when alot is gambled on us. When we see we get better with time, with the right coaching. When we see we can take care of ourself to see to us winning. When we see we can do alot better if we are in some places to win big. When we see we flown low on the radar to not be seen or known, to not be eyed or gambled on when we see we have a real shot at winning. When what everyone sees too much of is not a good thing, when it could cost us. When we see we have a shot a somethings to do it alone when we see whom we are doing it for but not to involve them. When evetything we see we do has its setbacks & consequences when we could see we lose it all if we lose. When others have nothing to lose, to see they fight to gain. When we see this is a big business event to see the whose who in fighting. When what we can't see we need motivation to strengthen us when it keeps us going and not down for doing other things.

When we see a great scope into somethings what we couldn't see, to see whom some people are and whom they are running from. When we need to see some people to explain, when we need a clean conscience, lift a whole lot of guilt before we see ourselves fight in the ring. When we need to make others see what they haven't seen or what we see to see eye to eye. When what we don't see we don't know, when what others see they know it's not in them to see eye to eye with. When all we see is a reminder of somethings that never cared to see us and rather see it their way and life.

When what we see, we are not blind when we wished we could it our way when life presents us with restrictions we please others that we need to make them see first in order for us to see. When we see the night to see who is the best is here for the world to see. When we see some people come from sad upbringings, come from war zone places, to see it all, but unseen to the world besides those close to them when they are brothers. When we see we came all this way to win and not lose focus. When everything is the same on and off the ring to see the training and the fighting is all the same when it's what we can see and dont see that matters when fighting is a mental and physical sport. When what we see we wished we could be by their side when we rather go our own corner, our own people, our own style to see we care about winning life then everything. When what we see we plan when we know what we must do when we seen ourselves do it in training. When we see we overcome some hurdles and fears to see we can pull through. When we see we appreciated by the crowd, at home, and our people to see we are good. When we see others are no good all day fighting to see others close to us see the same thing when we need to make others see we can knock them down to stay down. When we see others tried their best and need to see us now take care of them to be there. When we see no greater challenge when we come face to face with those seen great. When we see some challenges are not easily won when we have no control of. When we see we do have control of other things when there's a life to look forward to and a life we dreaded coming to see whose life is to change for the good & worse. When we see somethings hit close to home to fight our pasts, fight what we used to see, fight what made us see otherwise why we ought fight for our life in the first place when we are always at war with what we never could see coming from those whom blind us. When we only see we have different lives to see we continue us on with it or begin a new life. When there is no greater challenge to come face to face with ourselves, when we see what we done, how we got here, and see what we must do to not turn back but move forward. When what we see is a full out grudge match when we need to see ourselves overcome such odds. When what we are seeing is once in a lifetime to see it another way and place when we need to see when it's close to home and we are proud of those whom we see. When what we don't see costs us when we see a different person whom is not what we grew up with, to see much ruthless. When we see we need to be by those sides to see they are there to make peace between the two. When we see what is done is done, and can't go back to see ourselves go back to the life we only see and give up without a fight to the end, to begin something else. When what we don't see is what we are left with, this congestion of shit, pant up aggression, blinded by some moments of our life we couldn't see and continuely blinded by those whom makes us blind and losers. When what we see we take home, live out our life the way we see it. When we see we must go home to face what we left behind and leave again the same past that brought us here in the first place.

***************************************************************************
Up bring plays a large part in the constant wars/battles we face. That incalculable feeling of pain we grow up with and evolve that make us greater fighters. Whom would actually win in a fight, those whom are privileged and fight extra harder to keep their lifestyles that way or those less privileged and fight extra harder to change their lifestyle from the way it is. These constant debts we carry forward in our life that make us weak & stronger at times, that once resolved we truly know our fullest potential, but until then we live these constant wars in our head reluctant that it is ever good enough. The way we are born and held to a level of standard, shapes us in who we are throughout life. If we are shown as the winning & betting horse, chances are your devoting all your focus on that horse, and not the other horses.

Theogenes record versus Betthoven
½ April 30, 2017
It`s a hard knockout with fist, feet and heart. A spectacular and heart-pounding action-packed drama. A masterpiece. Director, Gavin O`Connor crafts a wonderful, fierce and moving combination of stunning martial arts action and powerful drama. An incredible and deeply moving film. A true tour de force that`s a must-see. It has you standing up and cheering. A breathtaking and inspiring piece of work. This is one hell of a strong and unforgettable movie that pulls all the punches and then some. The characters are well drawn and the performances are convincing and gripping. A tremendously entertaining action-packed ride. Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton are electrifying, they give some impressive and heart-wrenching performances. Edgerton and Hardy give career making performances. Nick Nolte is superb, one of his best performances ever in this film. Their chemistry feels so real and hits all the right notes. Frank Grillo is outstanding. This movie grabs hold of you by the heart and dose not let go until the very end. For over two hours you will be held spellbound by this astonishing movie.
April 22, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 4 | Acting 5 | Cinematography 4 | Film Editing 5

#Visual: Costume Design 4 | Makeup & Hairstyling 5 | Scenic Design 4 | Lighting 5 | Visual Effects 5

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 4 | Sound Editing & Mixing 4