28 Days Later - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

28 Days Later Reviews

April 20, 2018
Compelling zombie classic.
January 26, 2018
One of my favourite zombie movies. The zombie chases are extremely tense, witch I like. The movie does slow in pace for a decent size chunk of the movie. However the film does pick back up again for an explosive and thrilling end.
January 13, 2018
Fantastic. A more realistic take on the Zombie apocalypse.
½ December 27, 2017
This movie never gets old, Danny Boyle reinvented the zombie genre making it a plausible case scenario. The Infected will make you think twice about wishing a zombie apocalypse...
½ December 17, 2017
A good film that was inches away from a great one, 28 Days Later has a lot of strengths that are bogged down by bland characters, overlong sequence, a misguided style, and a confused narrative. It is scary, it asks interesting questions, and it has a new approach to a bland genre which I must give it credit for but in the end I didn't find it very enjoyable or captivating.
December 5, 2017
The way the cinematographer showed a deserted London was amazing. I really felt like I cared for the characters in this post apocalyptic movie.
November 8, 2017
The guy wakeing up to the Apocalypse naked was an odd choice to add to the movie. The beginning was just like the first episode of the walking dead. Its a very nice and scary movie. Would recommend.
November 2, 2017
28 Days Later: Powerfuly directed, haunting and thought provoking. 28 days later is a horror masterpeice that does not let go.
½ November 2, 2017
Sharply directed, legitimately horrifying, and surprisingly intelligent, 28 Days Later manages to succeed both as a harrowing zombie film and a razor sharp political allegory. The cast deliver strong and nuanced performances in their respective roles and Boyle does a good job developing the characters enough, which in itself is rare for the genre, so that you actually become acquainted with them. However, 28 Days Later's biggest strength has nothing to do with its cast members, it's how well it honors the zombie genre while flipping it completely over it's head. It's clearly zombie film but 28 Days digs deeper beneath the surface than most films in the genre would dare to while presenting new and wholly interesting ideas, such as the titular 28 Days concept, the inventive take on the iconic zombie stereotype, but most of all it's sharp allegories pertaining to the darkness of humanity and political strife. By actually exploring the effects of the zombie apocalypse on society as a whole and demonstrating how far people will go to salvage sanity, no matter the cost, 28 Days Later manages to be more thoughtful and more detailed than virtually any zombie film. The logic kind of loses itself by the end though but Danny Boyle's direction shines throughout, in everything from the frantic way the camera cuts through during the film's more fast paced moments which lend it a more hallucinatory and engaging feel to the quick cuts and editing style while dousing the film in a suitably uncompromising and gritty tone that all help to make it all the more atmospheric and horrifying. But the novelty of 28 Days is that although its zombie stars are scary in their own right, the film is more terrifying just because of how realistic and surreal the whole ordeal is. The shots of London in flames and emptied of all life are very eerie and well done while the film's musical score only elevates the whole experience. Never is this more apparent than that unforgettable opening reel, which sets the stage for everything to come in just a few minutes. Ive heard plenty of good things about 28 Days Later, but I was still caught completely off guard and I could see why it was responsible for reinvigorating such a stale genre; its more than a zombie film, its an intelligent political satire. -
½ October 31, 2017
Saw this about a year ago, and didn't love it. Saw the sequel today, and also didn't love it. There's a review of that today as well!
October 29, 2017
Finally got to watch it and I don't know what was more frightening - the infected or uninfected losing their humanity as they descend into madness. Brilliant work from Danny Boyle and the team. I am not surprised the film has a cult following.
October 16, 2017
One of the best zombie movies ever made!
September 22, 2017
Great interesting horror movie starring the guy from all the new Christopher Nolan movies and some other random people that were pretty good. The story is fantastic, I was very intrigued. I would never see this movie again because it's too dramatic and depressing, people dying, it's a zombie movie but not your typical zombie movie.
September 20, 2017
This is one of the best zombie movies in my opinion. The cast is all great. The direction and cinematography is great. It even goes beyond surface level with its storytelling and meaning. It's a true work of art.
September 3, 2017
Was different to the usual apocalyptic zombie horror film and I rated it highly with good performances from pretty much all the main characters!
½ August 29, 2017
The post-apocalyptic dystopia isn't exactly a brand new idea but Boyle has a few unpredictable plot twists up his sleeve and does well to make the characters, if not fully rounded, then at least distinctive enough that you care about their fate - there's a good balance between bursts of adrenaline-pumping action and slower, sometimes almost tender scenes. When all's said and done it's still basically just a zombie film, but posher than most.
August 25, 2017
One of the best British Horror films of all time
August 24, 2017
This movie is impressive considering the budget and equipment that it had. I like to watch it every few years. The cast in this do a great job and the direction by Danny Boyle is impressive considering the limitations he was faced with. As far as zombie movies go, if you like them then you will most likely enjoy this one too.
August 5, 2017
A gritty, dark & amazing film, capturing the essence of the zombie/horror movie genre. Shot on mostly handheld cameras, but yet executed perfectly. Danny Boyle manages to bring out the best of both worlds. Jim (Cillian Murphy) Wakes up in a hospital in London, only to discover that everyone has up and left the entire city. He embarks on a journey through the desolate streets of London. And to his horror, finds out that he is not alone.

One of, if not my all time favourite film. This is one that anyone who is remotely into the "End of the world Zombie" genre would enjoy.