28 Days Later - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

28 Days Later Reviews

½ March 22, 2017
Suspenseful and leaves you tensed up until the end. Also has great acring, and plot, this is a film definatley worth a watch.
March 20, 2017
Along with 'Dead Man's Shoes', this is one of the very few decent British films for a very long time
March 14, 2017
phenomenal film scare the he'll out of you
March 13, 2017
simply perfect... tons of terror and horror with the right amount of believability. it strikes you in the heart and drags you through the mud and doesn't let you go from the start....screen writing and character development couldn't be better
February 21, 2017
28 Days Later is really the little movie that could. Released in 2002 and directed by Danny Boyle, 28 Days Later changed the game for zombie movie. This is the movie that really ditched the slow walking, brain eating zombies and replaced them with the fast running, brutally violent and terrifying 'infected'. 28 Days Later is a great and very affecting horror movie. This is an intense, scary and violent film that has a lot of merits that has made it such a over the 15 or so years since it's release. This film has a suprising you really good cast of actors who at the time were new comers. Cillian Murphy stars in the lead role as Jim and he's very good. He's our eyes into the apocalypse and is a very likeable character. Naomie Harris also stars as Selena and she's very good. At first I thought her character was going to be the boring tough as nails stereotype and while she at times she can be she's still a good protagonist. Brendan Gleason also stars in a supporting role as a very likeable character. Christopher Eccleston also plays a very complex character who I don't really want to spoil. The other acting is very good for the most part, especially from the infected characters. The directing here from Danny Boyle is excellent. This is a very white knuckle approach to a zombie apocalypse. This is a very intense movie that never really lets up and had me on the edge of my seat from start to beginning. If there's one thing this film does excellently it's create a gritty atmosphere. The scenes with Jim walking around deserted London do a fantastic job in creating this very eerie feel. Danny Boyle also does a great job at making this environment feel very gritty and lived in. This feels like a very realistic approach to what would happen with a zombie apocalypse. I also think a lot of the effectiveness of the film comes down to Alex Garland's very good script. As I mentioned this feels like a very realistic take on a zombie apocalypse but one thing I really liked was how the actual outbreak doesn't feel stupid or contrived it's very grounded and scary. As I've mentioned this film is really intense, whenever the characters are attacked by the infected it will have your heart racing and is quite terrifying. A lot of that I feel comes down to the editing and cinematography. I know some people have complained about the mix of shaky cam and quick editing and while I usually hate that with other films I think here it works fantastically. The zombies in this film are fast and brutal so the editing and cinematography works really well to capture that as every attack scene is filmed so frantically and violently. While 28 Days Later is a very good movie for me the last 20 or so minutes are what makes this film great. The finale is tense, graphically violent and very heart pumpingly horrifying. While I really do like 28 Days Later it's not fantastic and does have problems. Firstly the child actor I think is unfortunately very weak and sticks out like a soar thumb. Also the middle of the film is in my opinion quite slow and isn't as intense as the rest of the film. Problems aside 28 Days Later is a great horror movie and one of if not the most intense zombie movies. Overall 28 Days Later is a great horror film and a must watch for any fans of zombies or horror movies. A-
½ February 8, 2017
i dont care what people say its not a true zombie movie. when you become infected you become a made killing machine, not a member of the undead
February 4, 2017
Great film; great soundtrack.
January 30, 2017
Excellent film. Probably inspired "the walking dead". Enjoyed the character development. Loved the ending.
January 6, 2017
best zombie movie EVER
December 5, 2016
This is NOT a zombie movie isn't it? They're "infected", not undeads. Anyways, nice thought-provoking movie with convolutely artsy camera work. -1 because army guys are felt too simplified dumbs even under race-threatening situation.
½ November 26, 2016
28 Days Later is a visceral and gritty zombie thriller that doesn't neglect it's uninfected leads.
November 21, 2016
Great horror film! Really good and a strong story to it.
November 7, 2016
instant classic on a low budget that redefined the "zombie" genre forever.
November 5, 2016
"28 Days Later" takes the clichéd zombie genre and transforms it into something very unique. Danny Boyle manages to cement the characters into the audience's hearts and not too many horror directors can do that. But here, he creates one of the most engrossing and scariest horror film of all time. It's unrelenting, grim, horrific, and completely nightmarish with it's dreary atmosphere. It's a mix of strong intelligent thinking, an artistic approach to direction, and an endless spinning narrative that engaged me right to the very core of it's scenarios. 28 Days Later defines it's genre as it's a perfect gritty horror, with a realistic and mind-boggling premise that you cannot take a breath for just a second.
November 3, 2016
If you are a zombie movie fan, this should be at the top of your "favorites" list. This movie challenges our concept of humanity with a brilliant cinematic treatment that still holds strong more than a decade later. This movie will horrify you, tug at your heartstrings, and challenge what your concept of a good zombie movie.
October 29, 2016
Generic concept, though still entertaining. The performances aren't that interesting either, though the film itself is strange enough to keep you engaged.
½ October 25, 2016
A closer modern day looking into a zombie thriller, even though technically there are no zombies present.
October 22, 2016
Menacing, grisly and bloody-brilliant to its core. 28 Days Later's combination of heart-pounding terror and gritty realism conjure up a fascinating take on a zombie/infection/plague tale and its real-world-situational trope. 4/5
½ October 17, 2016
Although the quality was a bit off putting at first, it grew on me, and the film was fantastic. Cillian Murphy is a goddamn revelation in this movie, and the film is scary as shit!
½ October 8, 2016
Quite possibly the most intelligent film with zombies, or, 'infected, in it that I've ever seen. At points, it does take some liberties with realism and so forth, but it's smart enough to actually question those liberties at points.

Intense, but smart.