28 Days Later - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

28 Days Later Reviews

½ May 8, 2017
Why would ppl think it is a good movie? The people make no sense.
1. Before Selena first kiss Jim, all he has done is running away from the zombies and does nothing. Annoying as hell. He is weak, see from the scene where they have to walk up stairs to get to Frank and Hannah. There is no way Selena would be in love with him or even like him.
2. After Jim flee from being executed, he make noise to lure the soldiers out. And they are really out lol to look for him, wasting all the petrol and bullets just for one not so important guy.
3. All the good characters seemed to have no problem with dumbass Jim releasing the zombie, while Selena and Hannah are both still in the house. And magically, not only the girls are the only ones that remain unharmed, weakass Jim has grown up to a man now lol (Remember how he gets scared and hides behind Major Henry when he sees the chained zombie in the house?) He is fighting all the trained man, and all these trained and armed men are not even able to kill that one zombie to begin with. Are they soldiers or babies?
4. Not to mention Jim can magically walk pass most of the zombies without them noticing. If you train a soldier, train ur soldier like JIMMY!
5. I would have been fucking scared if I see the guy I like is digging eyeballs out of a guy. At that point Jim looked like a total monster and Selena's first reaction is to make out with him. Good job lady!
6. Little girl Hannah thinks she should pull the car to the zombie so it would drag Major Evil out. Has she ever thought about the possibility that the zombie might climb into the car and kill them both? Ok but of course, this is supposed to make little girl Hannah looks cool so we can't let that happen:)

Overall, this movie is so dumb, just focus more on the zombies. And except the Black female lead (she falling for Jim ruins my admiration to her tho), everyone is dumb.
April 18, 2017
As far as zombie movies go this sure is different. It is also very raw and gritty, as well as inappropriate at times. I do not feel like I need to watch it again.
April 18, 2017
My favorite movie of the genre! It really doesn't have to be zombies the ones who we have to fear. Great movie.
April 4, 2017
28 Days Later is a chilling zombie film with great acting, memorable shots, and a hidden political allegory which somewhat makes sense in today's world if you think closely about it.

After a zombie like infection breaks out in London, a group of survivors decide to head to a group of soldiers because they claim that they have the answer to the virus.

Many zombie movies often have constant bloody action sequences to no end but 28 Days Later is generally more slower-paced than most zombie films out there. However, this isn't a bad thing though because this movie never feels boring because of its choice to be slower-paced. It's still exciting.

Also, the film's shot of a deserted London is a truly remarkable scene. When you consider how hard it is to make some of the most populated sections of London look abandoned, it is truly mind-boggling. Boyle had the streets closed off at 4:00 am and he sometimes only had a couple dozen minutes to film each day. However, he was still able to pull it off. That scene is well-done and it immerses the viewer greatly to the movie.

Many of the actors gave amazing performances. The actors which stood out are Cillian Murphy and Naomie Harris. They all gave amazing performances. I also felt that all of the other actors gave great performances as well.

The score is brilliant also. The song "In the House, In a Heartbeat" sticks out the most. It is haunting and does a great job setting up action sequences. Also, all the other songs do a great job setting up certain scenes as well.

Also, there's the political allegories. It means that if something like this ever will happen, the government, soldiers, and politicians will be safe in a bunker while the rest of the world will be left to suffer on their own. You could probably get some help from the army but they may want to get rid of you or other people traveling with you. It's scary to think about it and it brings originality to the movie.

According to Wikipedia, Danny Boyle actually had several alternate endings to this movie. It's clear that Boyle was trying to find the best ending possible for this movie. I liked the ending he picked though and I think that it concluded the movie just fine.

So in conclusion, this movie is a masterpiece. In my opinion, this is one of the best zombie movies ever made. It is definitely up there with Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead (not the remake, the original). It succeeds in several aspects and it also puts a haunting allegory into it as well.
April 2, 2017
Interesting take on the zombies. This film may have preceded the TV series. Pretty well done for what seems a small budget. The story kind of make sense. The rage virus would have been worked on and is a bit fast acting, so, zombies.
March 24, 2017
I really enjoyed this rather thoughtful approach to the zombie film, and was quite impressed with the character development over the course of the movie. It holds up well on the revisit, and is something that actually gives a legit reason to the whole idea of running zombies, which a lot of people take issue with.

Well worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Recommended.
March 24, 2017
The beginning was the scariest. Be patient with the slow pace, good (or bad??) things will come very soon.
½ March 22, 2017
Suspenseful and leaves you tensed up until the end. Also has great acring, and plot, this is a film definatley worth a watch.
March 20, 2017
Along with 'Dead Man's Shoes', this is one of the very few decent British films for a very long time
March 14, 2017
phenomenal film scare the he'll out of you
March 13, 2017
simply perfect... tons of terror and horror with the right amount of believability. it strikes you in the heart and drags you through the mud and doesn't let you go from the start....screen writing and character development couldn't be better
February 21, 2017
28 Days Later is really the little movie that could. Released in 2002 and directed by Danny Boyle, 28 Days Later changed the game for zombie movie. This is the movie that really ditched the slow walking, brain eating zombies and replaced them with the fast running, brutally violent and terrifying 'infected'. 28 Days Later is a great and very affecting horror movie. This is an intense, scary and violent film that has a lot of merits that has made it such a over the 15 or so years since it's release. This film has a suprising you really good cast of actors who at the time were new comers. Cillian Murphy stars in the lead role as Jim and he's very good. He's our eyes into the apocalypse and is a very likeable character. Naomie Harris also stars as Selena and she's very good. At first I thought her character was going to be the boring tough as nails stereotype and while she at times she can be she's still a good protagonist. Brendan Gleason also stars in a supporting role as a very likeable character. Christopher Eccleston also plays a very complex character who I don't really want to spoil. The other acting is very good for the most part, especially from the infected characters. The directing here from Danny Boyle is excellent. This is a very white knuckle approach to a zombie apocalypse. This is a very intense movie that never really lets up and had me on the edge of my seat from start to beginning. If there's one thing this film does excellently it's create a gritty atmosphere. The scenes with Jim walking around deserted London do a fantastic job in creating this very eerie feel. Danny Boyle also does a great job at making this environment feel very gritty and lived in. This feels like a very realistic approach to what would happen with a zombie apocalypse. I also think a lot of the effectiveness of the film comes down to Alex Garland's very good script. As I mentioned this feels like a very realistic take on a zombie apocalypse but one thing I really liked was how the actual outbreak doesn't feel stupid or contrived it's very grounded and scary. As I've mentioned this film is really intense, whenever the characters are attacked by the infected it will have your heart racing and is quite terrifying. A lot of that I feel comes down to the editing and cinematography. I know some people have complained about the mix of shaky cam and quick editing and while I usually hate that with other films I think here it works fantastically. The zombies in this film are fast and brutal so the editing and cinematography works really well to capture that as every attack scene is filmed so frantically and violently. While 28 Days Later is a very good movie for me the last 20 or so minutes are what makes this film great. The finale is tense, graphically violent and very heart pumpingly horrifying. While I really do like 28 Days Later it's not fantastic and does have problems. Firstly the child actor I think is unfortunately very weak and sticks out like a soar thumb. Also the middle of the film is in my opinion quite slow and isn't as intense as the rest of the film. Problems aside 28 Days Later is a great horror movie and one of if not the most intense zombie movies. Overall 28 Days Later is a great horror film and a must watch for any fans of zombies or horror movies. A-
½ February 8, 2017
i dont care what people say its not a true zombie movie. when you become infected you become a made killing machine, not a member of the undead
February 4, 2017
Great film; great soundtrack.
January 30, 2017
Excellent film. Probably inspired "the walking dead". Enjoyed the character development. Loved the ending.
January 6, 2017
best zombie movie EVER
December 5, 2016
This is NOT a zombie movie isn't it? They're "infected", not undeads. Anyways, nice thought-provoking movie with convolutely artsy camera work. -1 because army guys are felt too simplified dumbs even under race-threatening situation.
½ November 26, 2016
28 Days Later is a visceral and gritty zombie thriller that doesn't neglect it's uninfected leads.
November 21, 2016
Great horror film! Really good and a strong story to it.
November 7, 2016
instant classic on a low budget that redefined the "zombie" genre forever.