28 Weeks Later... - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

28 Weeks Later... Reviews

November 6, 2016
this movie works on so many levels & although it lives in the shadow of DB's (National Treasure) original it's a fine piece of work.
½ October 27, 2016
I think I am in the minority here, but I thought this was better than the original.

Grade: B+
½ October 10, 2016
Better than the original. 28 weeks later has a compelling story with amazing and unpredictable characters and moments, lots of action, while still maintaining what we all loved about 28 days later
½ October 9, 2016
Like most of horror movie sequels, it's not as good as the first. But it's still a thrilling, enjoyable zombie movie that's better than most horror movie sequels.
½ September 15, 2016
Nothing can top 28 Days Later, but that is not a hit on 28 Weeks Later, which is definitely a worthy sequel. The atmosphere and cinematography stay on course to keep the story moving along nicely. The brutality is even heightened in a few scenes which gives 28 Weeks Later its own flair.
September 9, 2016
28 Days later left us with a feeling of hope. 28 weeks decides to snuff out that glimmer and leave us with the existential dread of a collapsed society. It also widens the lens and focuses on multi protagonists from different perspectives on a world trying to rebuild itself. Being a sequel it's more violent than its predecessor and punches you in the face with each character death. It had big shoes to fill and manages to do a remarkable job.
August 20, 2016
WTF WHAT THE FUCK SCAREIST FILM EVERð???
½ August 16, 2016
Just as good as the first.
August 11, 2016
Sandly missing The Walking Dead??
Try this one, an almost gory movie with so fierce infected crowds running after you almost all the damn time. Oh! don't forget mr. Robert Carlyle?'s performance: outstanding !
½ August 8, 2016
It's absolute garbage. The visual style alone will make you sick, and it adds nothing to the story except as a distraction.
July 21, 2016
This was a very good sequel to a fine zombie work (my favourite zombie film is STILL Jean Rollin's remarkable and extremely aesthetically-pleasing 'The Grapes of Death'), and I was very pleasantly surprised. Pardon the pun, but you would think that by this time, everything in the land of zombie movies would have been done to death, but I remain consistently admiring of just where the best and most thought-out renditions of the template can go. In THIS case, the most intriguing dynamic is a cowardly husband choosing his life rather than helping his wife out of a horrible crisis, then infanticide (or worse) of his own children, rather than face their wrath over the poor decision he had made.

It's interestingly hilarious that when you think about it, humanity is doomed because a 12-year-old had to go back and get a picture of his mother, because he was afraid that without it, he would forget what she looked like...A surprisingly satisfying work, that for horror fans, is worth a purchase and rewatching. I'm admittedly more for classic films, from the 20's to 60's, but for contemporary horror cinema, I liked this a lot, especially Jeremy Renner and Imogen Poots. It's no surprise to me that they soon became superstars.
July 20, 2016
Embora falte o humanismo do primeiro filme, "Extermínio 2" é feito com uma atmosfera fantástica e uma direção forte.
½ July 19, 2016
28 Weeks Later is directed and co-written by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, and it stars Robert Carlyle, Rose Byrne, Jeremy Renner, Idris Elba, and Imogen Poots in a zombie apocalyptic film that takes place in a shelter place that has no infected, and when things happened, everybody in there are not safe. I didn't think I would be able to watch it today as it was in one of those days that I thought wasn't free anymore, but it was still watchable on DirecTV, and so I watched it, which is a more entertaining film than the first one, but it has more problems however. The acting is great, probably better than the first one. There are some smart moments, but there are some dumb moments as well. The pacing is much better, as it has a lot more energy to it with a bit more action scenes. The effects look good, and there's a lot more scare effective moments than the first one. The characters are fine, although Jeremy Renner's character is probably the most memorable out of all of them, and the score by John Murphy is very catchy. 28 Weeks Later is a really great film that I can't wait to see 28 Months Later when they make it that is.
July 18, 2016
I somehow liked this better than the original.
July 17, 2016
So this movie is serious at parts, and then really stupid at other points. All the characters make really stupid choices, but that doesn't mean this movie isn't fun and heart renching at points.
½ July 16, 2016
Even without comparing it to the first chapter, i didn't like this one, to be kind. The beginning of it it's quite interesting: Robert Carlyle's character makes you hope for a movie with a great script, which goes deep inside the characters emotions. But, as soon as the plot twist is delivered, the movie becomes a mess. Not because of the action : the action sequences are quite cool and well directed ("Aliens" is an action oriented sequel and it's a great movie, for example), but because of the plot, that seems to be projected to include as many cool scenes as possible and that is full of unbeliavable ex machina moments that, even with the "suspension of disbelief" that you have to use with this kind of movies, have so low a chance to happen that ruin the movie.
jamrcla
July 6, 2016
Great film just as scary as the first if not more, The plot was bigger and better, A great horror film with more gory action that was missing from the first.
June 27, 2016
At the end of 28 Days Later those infected with the Rage Virus die of starvation.  Cut to this film London is put under American military control and civilians have moved into a section of the city called District 1.  But this is more the story of Andy and Tammy, the first children moved back into London.  Afraid he will forget what his dead mother looks like Tammy takes Andy outside the safe zone to their old house.  They discover their mother, Alice still alive.  Alice is taken back to government quarantine where it is soon discovered she is infected with the Rage Virus but not showing any symptoms.  Racked with the guilt of leaving her behind Don (father) uses his access card to get to Alice.  He kisses her and through her saliva is infected.  He goes crazy and kills her by jamming his thumbs very deep into her eye sockets.  By far one of the most disgusting scenes of the film.  Of course now the virus is loose and the military is unable to control it so they are soon ordered to start dropping civilians which they do.  Another terribly shocking scene.  One soldier and a military doctor who recognizes the value of the children attempt to get them out before the fire bombing.  A helicopter pilot (Harold Perrineau) agrees to pick up the soldier but is unaware of the tagalongs.  Cut to another disgusting scene as Perrineau slices a slew of infected with his helicopter blades.  Everyone dies except the children and Tammy is forced to kill her own father to save her brother.  Turns out Andy is like Mama.  He becomes infected after Dad takes a chunk out of him but like Mom does not show any symptoms.  Perrineau agrees to transport the two survivors to who knows where and before anyone can extract this kid's blood and create a cure cut to an empty helicopter and a plethora of infected Frenchies jogging toward the Eiffel Tower.  Fin.

I liked this movie until it ended.  I thought the premise was a great new spin on the series.  I mean a natural immunity!  Cool.  But they left that loose end and that's what made me mad.  The ending screamed sequel and after doing a little research I soon found a proposed 28 Months Later.  Maybe that one can rectify the horrid ending but until that time I say: great film, wretched ending.
June 24, 2016
Best horror/science fiction sequel.