6 Souls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

6 Souls Reviews

November 5, 2016
?????? ??? ????? ??????? ??? ??????? ???? ?????
October 28, 2016
Low on horror for a horror movie, "6 Souls" a.k.a. "Shelter" (that's what Netflix calls this) was more of investigation flick, digging largely on the mystery and giving some cheap thrills that wouldn't scare any living thing. Julianne Moore was ok but nothing more but Jonathan Rhys Meyers steals the show. Overall it was quite bleak and bland but the ending was good.
½ October 10, 2016
What on earth is Julianne Moore doing in this film? No doubt the worst she's ever starred in - if not the worst film ANYONE has ever starred in.
July 27, 2016
I thought it will end in a disastrous bullshit .. well, it did
½ July 20, 2016
I don't care what the professional critics say, this was a good supernatural thriller.
½ July 13, 2016
Completely inane and illogical, probably Ms. Moore's film career nadir. Painfully bad.
½ April 7, 2016
Shelter
Shelter 2010
? 1/2 Watched 07 Apr, 2016

Shelter (which also apparently goes by the name 6 Souls, but only on very specific platforms?) has some good ideas, but they are executed horribly. The first half or so of this film is a semi-engaging psychological drama about a man who switches personalities between different muder victims, as well as some of their physical traits. It's a compelling idea, but writer Michael Cooney eventually drops this admittedly alluring premise for a schlocky and cliche-ridden supernatural horror film. There's nothing explicitly wrong with supernatural horror films in general, but what Cooney, as well as directing duo Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein, has created is needlessly incomprehensible and convoluted. The film is half and half in terms of visuals: there's some solid camerawork at play at times, and other times the camera is stuck in a vanilla still shot that feels too distant or too close. The cast gives it their all, but nobody feels truly invested in this material. Julianne Moore (an Academy Award winning actress, mind you) seems to be trying hard, but lacks the emotional punch we know she's capable of. Jonathan Rhys Meyers mostly manages to nail the different personalities of his character, but there's no subtlety in his performance whatsoever. All in all, this is an entirely forgettable horror/mystery flick with very few redeeming qualities. Skip it.
March 16, 2016
Not bad, but too spooky for me. Not my kind of movie.
January 5, 2016
A pretty well done fucked little story!
October 13, 2015
This movie is seriously underrated. It keeps deceiving you until the fianl stretch, and by then there's nothing you can do but watch the tragedy unfold. An emotional roller coaster with wonderful, powerful acting.
September 17, 2015
I loved this movie! The suspense, plot, acting, atmosphere, and even a twist at the end which equals to a great movie. I didn't look at the critics score til after the movie and I would have passed on it if I had. I think maybe the critics screened a different movie than the one that I just watched. All I can say is judge for yourself and ignore the other reviews. This one is worth seeing.
½ September 10, 2015
Interesting concept but a bit drawn out and underwhelming at the end.
August 28, 2015
A 4% rating. That is absolute nuts. I love psychological films. It's quickly becoming my favorite subgenre. So here's the deal with this one, for basically most of the film, you have no idea why anything is happening. Eventually they beautifully explain everything, we'll sort of.

The continuation of the origin makes no sense along with this plague and then there's the ending. That's where the full 1 star is shaved off of the rating. But other than that, this is a very good and interesting film, you are kept glued to your seat the whole time. Nothing at all is boring, the pacing is amazing.
July 5, 2015
Really good horror film but the last ten minutes made me cry terribly.
½ May 6, 2015
I never thought I was ever going to watch a movie with 4% rating in RT. But Julianne Moore is that compelling so I decided to give this movie a try.
For the first half part of the movie, I was thinking, "This isn't that bad." but THEN, of course, this movie went from a psychological thriller with a multiple personality disorder patient to a witchy horror flick which made me going like, "What. The. Hell??" throughout the rest of the movie.
Which made me thinking, was Moore kinda high when she decided to make this movie??
But still, 4% is a bit harsh. The story is meh, but I get the thrill, I get the mistery, Moore and Rhys Meyer's acting is nothing but awesome. So I guess it isn't that monstrous. :))
½ April 25, 2015
I really enjoyed this movie
½ January 28, 2015
Actually not a bad film. Don't listen to movie critics.
January 28, 2015
A little slow to pick up and that can cause it to be boring. The multi personality traits were portrayed pretty awesomely though
½ January 20, 2015
A rather confusing plot, but good performances by Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers.
January 1, 2015
I never thought I was ever going to watch a movie with 4% rating in RT. And I sure wouldn't see any if it's not for Julianne Moore.
for half of the movie, I was thinking, "This is not that bad. How could this only have 4% on RT?" but THEN, when the story went from psychological thriller to witchy horror movie, I started to understand because all the other half way down the end, I was repeatedly saying, "What. The. Hell??" and "What. The. Fuck?!"
But still, giving this 4% is a bit harsh. You need to consider the acting skill of Moore and Rhys Meyer. Which is nothing but awesome.