6 Souls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

6 Souls Reviews

April 5, 2018
Nice story, not so nice ending...
½ January 23, 2018
It was okay, better than expected.
½ January 21, 2018
What can I say. This was definitely a movie about souls. So I guess it delivered in that respect..but it was so derivative, dull and completely forgettable that it weren't for the title I couldn't even tell you how many, but one soul I admire, Julianne Moore who was (ironically?) more memorable in The Forgotten looks like a LOST soul here and utterly bored out of her f****** skull. Relatable! *1/2
January 1, 2018
Apparently this is an incredibly unpopular opinion but this movie truly wasn't that bad. The plot was different and interesting. Yes, aspects of this movie were cheesy and ridiculous, but I don't believe it deserves the backlash it got from critics.
December 31, 2017
Not sure why all the haters. This wasn't predictable. Had an interesting twist to a psychological thriller.
December 10, 2017
This movie is trying to hard, built up to something a little daft and not even decent acting could save it.
November 5, 2016
?????? ??? ????? ??????? ??? ??????? ???? ?????
October 28, 2016
Low on horror for a horror movie, "6 Souls" a.k.a. "Shelter" (that's what Netflix calls this) was more of investigation flick, digging largely on the mystery and giving some cheap thrills that wouldn't scare any living thing. Julianne Moore was ok but nothing more but Jonathan Rhys Meyers steals the show. Overall it was quite bleak and bland but the ending was good.
½ October 10, 2016
What on earth is Julianne Moore doing in this film? No doubt the worst she's ever starred in - if not the worst film ANYONE has ever starred in.
July 27, 2016
I thought it will end in a disastrous bullshit .. well, it did
½ July 20, 2016
I don't care what the professional critics say, this was a good supernatural thriller.
½ July 13, 2016
Completely inane and illogical, probably Ms. Moore's film career nadir. Painfully bad.
½ April 7, 2016
Shelter
Shelter 2010
? 1/2 Watched 07 Apr, 2016

Shelter (which also apparently goes by the name 6 Souls, but only on very specific platforms?) has some good ideas, but they are executed horribly. The first half or so of this film is a semi-engaging psychological drama about a man who switches personalities between different muder victims, as well as some of their physical traits. It's a compelling idea, but writer Michael Cooney eventually drops this admittedly alluring premise for a schlocky and cliche-ridden supernatural horror film. There's nothing explicitly wrong with supernatural horror films in general, but what Cooney, as well as directing duo Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein, has created is needlessly incomprehensible and convoluted. The film is half and half in terms of visuals: there's some solid camerawork at play at times, and other times the camera is stuck in a vanilla still shot that feels too distant or too close. The cast gives it their all, but nobody feels truly invested in this material. Julianne Moore (an Academy Award winning actress, mind you) seems to be trying hard, but lacks the emotional punch we know she's capable of. Jonathan Rhys Meyers mostly manages to nail the different personalities of his character, but there's no subtlety in his performance whatsoever. All in all, this is an entirely forgettable horror/mystery flick with very few redeeming qualities. Skip it.
March 16, 2016
Not bad, but too spooky for me. Not my kind of movie.
January 5, 2016
A pretty well done fucked little story!
October 13, 2015
This movie is seriously underrated. It keeps deceiving you until the fianl stretch, and by then there's nothing you can do but watch the tragedy unfold. An emotional roller coaster with wonderful, powerful acting.
September 17, 2015
I loved this movie! The suspense, plot, acting, atmosphere, and even a twist at the end which equals to a great movie. I didn't look at the critics score til after the movie and I would have passed on it if I had. I think maybe the critics screened a different movie than the one that I just watched. All I can say is judge for yourself and ignore the other reviews. This one is worth seeing.
½ September 10, 2015
Interesting concept but a bit drawn out and underwhelming at the end.
August 28, 2015
A 4% rating. That is absolute nuts. I love psychological films. It's quickly becoming my favorite subgenre. So here's the deal with this one, for basically most of the film, you have no idea why anything is happening. Eventually they beautifully explain everything, we'll sort of.

The continuation of the origin makes no sense along with this plague and then there's the ending. That's where the full 1 star is shaved off of the rating. But other than that, this is a very good and interesting film, you are kept glued to your seat the whole time. Nothing at all is boring, the pacing is amazing.
July 5, 2015
Really good horror film but the last ten minutes made me cry terribly.