A Dangerous Method - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Dangerous Method Reviews

½ August 8, 2016
I wish all biopics were this good.
½ August 8, 2016
Beautifully shot and absorbing performances. Examination of the professional and personal relationships between Freud and his disciple Jung focusing on the point in time when a patient of Jung's creates a personal crisis for Jung and a professional crisis between the two psychoanalysts. A little slow but well worth watching.
June 3, 2016
Do not recall it well
April 28, 2016
The acting is phenomenal.
March 6, 2016
I only gave this movie 3 stars because I thought the whole psychology parts were interesting and Kiera Knightley is really good in this movie. But the whole S&M thing was creepy and the romance really felt forced. Not really a good movie, but I found some parts good.
½ February 28, 2016
Excellent acting and interesting plot.
February 4, 2016
Experiences like this, however painful, are necessary and inevitable; without them, how can we know life?
January 13, 2016
A trio of great performances and technical proficiency, but ultimately a very forgettable film.
December 6, 2015
All of the actors delivered beautiful performances, but the pacing really made this film difficult to watch.
½ October 21, 2015
Cronenberg's representation of Freud's rigidness and Jung's veracity to push the limitations of their field is conveyed well in this very brief glimpse into the careers of such influential psychoanalysts. As a film, "A Dangerous Method" succeeds as being provoking and engrossing, but feels somewhat incomplete...
October 13, 2015
It is a pity to see this compelling subject told in such a simplistic and bureaucratic way, and so the three characters and their motivations are not really well developed, even if the actors do their best. Besides, the constant skips in time contribute to make the story less fluid.
July 26, 2015
Absorbing performance by the actors, but the plot does not follow.
½ July 20, 2015
Don't let the period setting and the conversational nature of the film convince you that this isn't a Cronenberg film through and through. There's always something creeping under the surface of each moment and it's taken me a couple viewings to appreciate the subtleties.
July 18, 2015
Las actuaciones de Fassbender/Mortensen/Knightley son impresionantes y salvan la película... Pero no hay mucho más que rescatar... Pudo haber sido incendiaria y provocativa por el tema y por las figuras retratadas, pero se queda tibia... Y más me frustra que un genio como Cronenberg no haya hecho más teniendo este material entre sus manos...
July 9, 2015
Keira Knightley's transformation in 'A Dangerous Method' is an amazing work, but unless you are privy to all the heavy psychological terminology that Freud and Jung throw at one another, it may impede your ability in having an ass-slapping good time watching this tale.
½ May 24, 2015
This has got to be the most ridiculous premise a film could have. Sign me up
½ May 8, 2015
Great performances from all. A very intellectual study of Jung meets Freud that ultimately is a bit too restrained and distant.
April 30, 2015
Algo muy diferente del señor Cronenberg pero muy bien hecho, buenos actores en buenas actuaciones.
½ April 12, 2015
Not a big fan of Cronenberg and that didn't change after seing this film! Wasn't overly impressed with the storyline which is very losely based on Sigmund Freud's friendship with Dr. Jung and his patient Sabina Spielrein! Very slow-going at times! Casting was superb though!