A Dangerous Method - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Dangerous Method Reviews

January 11, 2017
Inspiring and thought-provoking, probably only to who is acquainted with the basics of psychoanalytical theory.
½ December 13, 2016
Fassbender and Mortensen's relationship throughout is mesmerizing. Kiera I'm still on the fence I mean I don't know how a girl suffering from hysteria has that intense reaction she went for. Either way she was good, time period and cast were great just somtransitions with no explanations like years coming off and resentments and issues not addressed. However it's cronenberg who is amazing in the weird, oddball, emotional thinking way. Overall I give this film 3.5 because it's worth the watch if you can make it past Keira's spasms.
December 12, 2016
Not one of Cronenberg's best. It nonetheless presents an excellent Viggo Mortensen who almost is enough to carry the film himself.
December 2, 2016
Far fetched in its telling.
November 29, 2016
This movie was so dull. Don't waste your time.
½ November 28, 2016
It's a movie where you can find both enjoyment and information about a lot of subjects , I liked the acting even though keira was overacting in some certain scenes but with all other things "very good " movie would be a fair description for it
½ November 20, 2016
The acting is great, but the plot feels flat, I don't see myself watching this film again, but I can't deny how well made it is.
November 6, 2016
The characters in A Dangerous Method are well defined by the script and the actors, but as the film goes on, the story seems rushed and the discontinuity does not help this case. We rarely get to see any emotions come up out of the characters, barring Keira Knightly's, and we are left with just another 'based on a true story' type of film.
½ October 24, 2016
Well executed and acted but I hardly believe the story that looks overly exaggerated on a director's whim.
½ August 8, 2016
I wish all biopics were this good.
½ August 8, 2016
Beautifully shot and absorbing performances. Examination of the professional and personal relationships between Freud and his disciple Jung focusing on the point in time when a patient of Jung's creates a personal crisis for Jung and a professional crisis between the two psychoanalysts. A little slow but well worth watching.
June 3, 2016
Do not recall it well
April 28, 2016
The acting is phenomenal.
March 6, 2016
I only gave this movie 3 stars because I thought the whole psychology parts were interesting and Kiera Knightley is really good in this movie. But the whole S&M thing was creepy and the romance really felt forced. Not really a good movie, but I found some parts good.
½ February 28, 2016
Excellent acting and interesting plot.
February 4, 2016
Experiences like this, however painful, are necessary and inevitable; without them, how can we know life?
January 13, 2016
A trio of great performances and technical proficiency, but ultimately a very forgettable film.
December 6, 2015
All of the actors delivered beautiful performances, but the pacing really made this film difficult to watch.
½ October 21, 2015
Cronenberg's representation of Freud's rigidness and Jung's veracity to push the limitations of their field is conveyed well in this very brief glimpse into the careers of such influential psychoanalysts. As a film, "A Dangerous Method" succeeds as being provoking and engrossing, but feels somewhat incomplete...
October 13, 2015
It is a pity to see this compelling subject told in such a simplistic and bureaucratic way, and so the three characters and their motivations are not really well developed, even if the actors do their best. Besides, the constant skips in time contribute to make the story less fluid.