The A-Team - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The A-Team Reviews

May 28, 2017
Ok this movie was a lot of fun! For the cast to play those characters was pretty fun too. BUT there were some acting moments, and it felt like lines were being resaid, and the tank scene was a little ridiculous, but FUN none the less!
May 4, 2017
beautiful action movie i enjoid to see this movie and i thought that was bad
March 29, 2017
Not great, just another Expendables like movie.
½ February 8, 2017
Best action film I am 80 distance but really amazing and the helicopter scene OMG it was awesome and I really do want to see that movie again and again and again
½ January 17, 2017
WHAT'S THE A-TEAM ABOUT?
Based on the hit 80's TV show of the same name, The A-Team finds a group of top-notch mercenaries working to clear their name from a wrongful charge and bring down the corrupt spies and military officials who put them in prison.

IS IT ANY GOOD?
This is a film that had true potential: the casting is spot-on and the camaraderie between the actors in infectious. The first twenty minutes or so suggest that this film will be filled with laughs and inspired mayhem. Sadly, a boring story, second-rate special effects, ridiculous action sequences, and an uneven tone bog down the proceedings. Though there is some witty dialogue and the actors are clearly enjoying themselves, these positives only caused me to sigh at how much fun this film could have been.

IS IT OKAY FOR YOUR KIDS?
The A-Team is rated PG-13. Though it is implied that one character is a ladies' man, there is no sexuality and only a handful of moderate profanities. There is a good deal of action violence, however. One character smokes cigars throughout.

ANY WORTHWHILE MESSAGES?
Though peace is the ideal, lethal force can be necessary when defending freedom and innocent lives. Though traitors betray others out of greed, the greatest love is to be willing to die for your friends.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 6, 2016
The characters may never live up to their tv counterparts but the action in The A-Team is wild and fun.
½ November 24, 2016
It was an exciting action movie. However it did seem drawn out and at times became exhausting.
½ November 12, 2016
So entertaining. Really works with the adolescent and generally stupid male humour.
September 11, 2016
- Fun fact: I was named Murdock by a coworker. Because, you know, crazy.
- The A-Team was rather formative in my younger years. Due to lack of welding equipment though, many efforts were hampered.
- Liam is not my first pick for Hannibal. He's too...precise. Cool. He lacks that slight twinge in the eye that puts you eerily on edge while being thankful he's in charge.
- Mexican Kung-fu ain't no match from a straight up kick in the chest from Bosco.
- Bradly Cooper as Face, on the other hand...is perfect. He is currently in the Mexican desert stuck in a stack of tires, while wearing a pristine hotel bathrobe, jawing off to the man who's pouring gasoline on him.
- "Quesadeeches."
- And in the first scene with Murdock, he lights Face's arm on fire, because what else would you do if you're standing next to someone soaked in gasoline?
- Hannibal: "And now everyone's met Murdock." Face: "He lit my arm on fire!" B.A.: "He stitched a lightning bolt in mine."
- And THAT, ladies & gents, is how you fly a helo. If you're not making Very Serious Battle-Hardened Army Rangers cry for their mommies, you're not doing it right.
- Alpha. Mike. Foxtrot.
- "No one can do an antifreeze marinade like you can, Murdock, but I got a little Bell's Palsy last time. I'm no good in the field like that."
- That...was a terrible plan.
- But THAT...was a great escape plan.
- Fun fact...Murdock is completely impervious to electroshock therapy.
- Best line: "Boy, could I really use two hours of...not this."
- The show they're watching in the Day Room is...wait for it...The A-team in "The Great Escape." In 3-D.
- Cause if you're gonna steal a getaway vehicle...why not a C130 with a tank on board?
- B.A., just waking up: "WHY ARE WE IN A FALLING TANK?!!" Murdock: "BECAUSE THE AIRPLANE EXPLODED!"
- D.O.D. lackey: "Are they trying to shoot the other drone?" "No," Jessica Beal says in an authoritatively withering voice. "They're trying to fly the tank."
- I...I have no words. B.A. is forward rappelling down a skyscraper at full speed...while taking fire.
- Kyle, you're a moron, and now you have a broken nose.
- Second best line: "Because overkill is underrated."
- CALAMDIMONIUM!
- Save the world, go to jail. Just another Tuesday for...the A-Team.
½ August 26, 2016
This is the movie the T.V. series deserved.
August 20, 2016
Fun ride great action
July 23, 2016
The best action movie I have ever seen
July 22, 2016
Not a great movie but a fun one, mainly watched this because it has Sharlto Copley in it and he was definitely the star of the movie for me, also I used to love The A-Team TV show as a kid so I wanted to check it out.
July 11, 2016
.'
July 10, 2016
6.7/10
An intense action-movie that made me laugh quite a few times. The acting is great and so is the action. A few plot twists in the movie made me interested throughout and overall, I'm glad I watched this movie.
June 26, 2016
Based on the TV series of the same name, The A-Team features the same characters as they become fugitives and try to prove their innocence. Neeson, Cooper, Copley and the rest of the cast were great, particularly Wilson who plays the villain (ridiculously underrated actor). The action was great, albeit completely over the top most of the time (especially 'flying a tank'...who even thought of that!?). However the plot is very forgettable and didn't keep me invested or hooked. The script was witty with some good one-liners which harks back to the television series. The final act of the film at the dockyard was abit silly, but hey...it's an over the top action film and it delivers.
June 24, 2016
This movie was very entertaining, you don't watch the A-team and expect to get a movie like Saving Private Ryan. This movie delivers everything that a true A-Team fan wants, and more. Remember this movie is complete fiction and should be watched as such, if you want a true war story watch movies like Black Hawk Down or Saving Private Ryan. Alpha Mike Foxtrot!
June 11, 2016
As a fan of the show since I was a kid, this remake updates it, makes it more sophisticated and does a great job of playing with some of the motifs from the show. I would love to see a sequel! Liam Neeson made a great Hannibal!
June 7, 2016