The A-Team - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The A-Team Reviews

½ February 12, 2018
I have to say I expected the worst from this but was pleasantly surprised and pleased by the time the credits rolled. I saw most of the TV series as a young boy and this film does keep a lot true to the original TV series. Just given a modern update and treated like a modern day action film with big stunts and over the top action plans only the A Team could do. At times it felt like a mix of the Bourne Trilogy crossed with Ocean's 11 elaborate missions! There is plenty of humour and it doesn't take itself seriously, pity the critics who just didn't get it, fool's!! A pure popcorn action blast everyone in the right frame of mind should enjoy.
January 26, 2018
I never watched the T.V show but this is still a good action movie.
3 half-stars
January 9, 2018
As a child of the 80's who absolutely loved, and is quite familiar with the series and the premise. I loved it! You have everything about the "new" A-Team wrapped-up into it - to an extent. Even the actors were perfect in their respective roles. They all pretty much nailed-it! I hope more people will see the film, for what it is (near-faithful adaptation), and what it is not (MI, James Bond, GI Joe), and rate it favorably. I'm disappointed there are no plans for a sequel. CBS brought back S.W.A.T. (another favorite of mine) so who knows.
½ January 1, 2018
It was ok. If you remember the original A TEAM this will not do anything for you. If you have had amnesia and forgotten everything you know about the The A Team then you will love it.
December 2, 2017
I enjoyed this movie, it has good special effects and i enjoy the actors in this.
November 16, 2017
Really loved the story and the Characters! The Actors nailed it and had a lot of fun. What was bad, was the edit of this movie. Almost a flaw in every other scene, and its sucks haha. Regardless I had fun!
August 21, 2017
Who made them critics? well cannot complain since most of them are oldies. This movie is not an Oscar winner but certainly, do not deserve rotten tomato when it is for sure an entertaining flick. I enjoyed a hell lot watching this movie and as we say in our language "a full paisa wasool movie" (Bang for the buck movie).
August 6, 2017
In the same genre of Mission Impossible films, but with a better cast, more testosterone and insanity. The plot, if directed with more finesse would definitely surpass the Mission Impossible franchise.
July 16, 2017
critics need to get a clue. this was a fun, entertaining movie. yeap, lots of plot holes but who cares? there's limits on time and money with an origins movie but the writers and actors did well nonetheless. if you want an entertaining flick look no further. especially recommended is the extended version. check it out
June 25, 2017
C+
An intense action-movie that made me laugh quite a few times. The acting is great and so is the action. A few plot twists in the movie made me interested throughout and overall, I'm glad I watched this movie.
June 1, 2017
I have never watched a single episode of the A-team, but a movie should be enjoyable regardless of whether a person has watched the show or not. This is one of those films where I enjoyed it overall, but it is a bad movie. The plot feels like three movies in one. The film is a trilogy of origin stories. The action is noisy and over-the-top, but that is the point. The biggest enjoyment factor in this film is seeing the main cast interact with each other. Their are some moments of fun, but as a whole, it is a disjointed mess.
½ May 31, 2017
This movie is a fun, bombastic, hilarious ride for those who can suspend their disbelief and embrace the lunacy.
May 4, 2017
beautiful action movie i enjoid to see this movie and i thought that was bad
March 29, 2017
Not great, just another Expendables like movie.
½ February 8, 2017
Best action film I am 80 distance but really amazing and the helicopter scene OMG it was awesome and I really do want to see that movie again and again and again
½ January 17, 2017
WHAT'S THE A-TEAM ABOUT?
Based on the hit 80's TV show of the same name, The A-Team finds a group of top-notch mercenaries working to clear their name from a wrongful charge and bring down the corrupt spies and military officials who put them in prison.

IS IT ANY GOOD?
This is a film that had true potential: the casting is spot-on and the camaraderie between the actors in infectious. The first twenty minutes or so suggest that this film will be filled with laughs and inspired mayhem. Sadly, a boring story, second-rate special effects, ridiculous action sequences, and an uneven tone bog down the proceedings. Though there is some witty dialogue and the actors are clearly enjoying themselves, these positives only caused me to sigh at how much fun this film could have been.

IS IT OKAY FOR YOUR KIDS?
The A-Team is rated PG-13. Though it is implied that one character is a ladies' man, there is no sexuality and only a handful of moderate profanities. There is a good deal of action violence, however. One character smokes cigars throughout.

ANY WORTHWHILE MESSAGES?
Though peace is the ideal, lethal force can be necessary when defending freedom and innocent lives. Though traitors betray others out of greed, the greatest love is to be willing to die for your friends.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 6, 2016
The characters may never live up to their tv counterparts but the action in The A-Team is wild and fun.
½ November 24, 2016
It was an exciting action movie. However it did seem drawn out and at times became exhausting.