The A-Team Reviews
An intense action-movie that made me laugh quite a few times. The acting is great and so is the action. A few plot twists in the movie made me interested throughout and overall, I'm glad I watched this movie.
Based on the hit 80's TV show of the same name, The A-Team finds a group of top-notch mercenaries working to clear their name from a wrongful charge and bring down the corrupt spies and military officials who put them in prison.
IS IT ANY GOOD?
This is a film that had true potential: the casting is spot-on and the camaraderie between the actors in infectious. The first twenty minutes or so suggest that this film will be filled with laughs and inspired mayhem. Sadly, a boring story, second-rate special effects, ridiculous action sequences, and an uneven tone bog down the proceedings. Though there is some witty dialogue and the actors are clearly enjoying themselves, these positives only caused me to sigh at how much fun this film could have been.
IS IT OKAY FOR YOUR KIDS?
The A-Team is rated PG-13. Though it is implied that one character is a ladies' man, there is no sexuality and only a handful of moderate profanities. There is a good deal of action violence, however. One character smokes cigars throughout.
ANY WORTHWHILE MESSAGES?
Though peace is the ideal, lethal force can be necessary when defending freedom and innocent lives. Though traitors betray others out of greed, the greatest love is to be willing to die for your friends.
- The A-Team was rather formative in my younger years. Due to lack of welding equipment though, many efforts were hampered.
- Liam is not my first pick for Hannibal. He's too...precise. Cool. He lacks that slight twinge in the eye that puts you eerily on edge while being thankful he's in charge.
- Mexican Kung-fu ain't no match from a straight up kick in the chest from Bosco.
- Bradly Cooper as Face, on the other hand...is perfect. He is currently in the Mexican desert stuck in a stack of tires, while wearing a pristine hotel bathrobe, jawing off to the man who's pouring gasoline on him.
- And in the first scene with Murdock, he lights Face's arm on fire, because what else would you do if you're standing next to someone soaked in gasoline?
- Hannibal: "And now everyone's met Murdock." Face: "He lit my arm on fire!" B.A.: "He stitched a lightning bolt in mine."
- And THAT, ladies & gents, is how you fly a helo. If you're not making Very Serious Battle-Hardened Army Rangers cry for their mommies, you're not doing it right.
- Alpha. Mike. Foxtrot.
- "No one can do an antifreeze marinade like you can, Murdock, but I got a little Bell's Palsy last time. I'm no good in the field like that."
- That...was a terrible plan.
- But THAT...was a great escape plan.
- Fun fact...Murdock is completely impervious to electroshock therapy.
- Best line: "Boy, could I really use two hours of...not this."
- The show they're watching in the Day Room is...wait for it...The A-team in "The Great Escape." In 3-D.
- Cause if you're gonna steal a getaway vehicle...why not a C130 with a tank on board?
- B.A., just waking up: "WHY ARE WE IN A FALLING TANK?!!" Murdock: "BECAUSE THE AIRPLANE EXPLODED!"
- D.O.D. lackey: "Are they trying to shoot the other drone?" "No," Jessica Beal says in an authoritatively withering voice. "They're trying to fly the tank."
- I...I have no words. B.A. is forward rappelling down a skyscraper at full speed...while taking fire.
- Kyle, you're a moron, and now you have a broken nose.
- Second best line: "Because overkill is underrated."
- Save the world, go to jail. Just another Tuesday for...the A-Team.