The A-Team - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The A-Team Reviews

September 11, 2016
- Fun fact: I was named Murdock by a coworker. Because, you know, crazy.
- The A-Team was rather formative in my younger years. Due to lack of welding equipment though, many efforts were hampered.
- Liam is not my first pick for Hannibal. He's too...precise. Cool. He lacks that slight twinge in the eye that puts you eerily on edge while being thankful he's in charge.
- Mexican Kung-fu ain't no match from a straight up kick in the chest from Bosco.
- Bradly Cooper as Face, on the other perfect. He is currently in the Mexican desert stuck in a stack of tires, while wearing a pristine hotel bathrobe, jawing off to the man who's pouring gasoline on him.
- "Quesadeeches."
- And in the first scene with Murdock, he lights Face's arm on fire, because what else would you do if you're standing next to someone soaked in gasoline?
- Hannibal: "And now everyone's met Murdock." Face: "He lit my arm on fire!" B.A.: "He stitched a lightning bolt in mine."
- And THAT, ladies & gents, is how you fly a helo. If you're not making Very Serious Battle-Hardened Army Rangers cry for their mommies, you're not doing it right.
- Alpha. Mike. Foxtrot.
- "No one can do an antifreeze marinade like you can, Murdock, but I got a little Bell's Palsy last time. I'm no good in the field like that."
- That...was a terrible plan.
- But THAT...was a great escape plan.
- Fun fact...Murdock is completely impervious to electroshock therapy.
- Best line: "Boy, could I really use two hours of...not this."
- The show they're watching in the Day Room is...wait for it...The A-team in "The Great Escape." In 3-D.
- Cause if you're gonna steal a getaway vehicle...why not a C130 with a tank on board?
- D.O.D. lackey: "Are they trying to shoot the other drone?" "No," Jessica Beal says in an authoritatively withering voice. "They're trying to fly the tank."
- I...I have no words. B.A. is forward rappelling down a skyscraper at full speed...while taking fire.
- Kyle, you're a moron, and now you have a broken nose.
- Second best line: "Because overkill is underrated."
- Save the world, go to jail. Just another Tuesday for...the A-Team.
½ August 26, 2016
This is the movie the T.V. series deserved.
August 20, 2016
Fun ride great action
July 23, 2016
The best action movie I have ever seen
July 22, 2016
Not a great movie but a fun one, mainly watched this because it has Sharlto Copley in it and he was definitely the star of the movie for me, also I used to love The A-Team TV show as a kid so I wanted to check it out.
July 11, 2016
July 10, 2016
An intense action-movie that made me laugh quite a few times. The acting is great and so is the action. A few plot twists in the movie made me interested throughout and overall, I'm glad I watched this movie.
June 26, 2016
Based on the TV series of the same name, The A-Team features the same characters as they become fugitives and try to prove their innocence. Neeson, Cooper, Copley and the rest of the cast were great, particularly Wilson who plays the villain (ridiculously underrated actor). The action was great, albeit completely over the top most of the time (especially 'flying a tank'...who even thought of that!?). However the plot is very forgettable and didn't keep me invested or hooked. The script was witty with some good one-liners which harks back to the television series. The final act of the film at the dockyard was abit silly, but's an over the top action film and it delivers.
June 24, 2016
This movie was very entertaining, you don't watch the A-team and expect to get a movie like Saving Private Ryan. This movie delivers everything that a true A-Team fan wants, and more. Remember this movie is complete fiction and should be watched as such, if you want a true war story watch movies like Black Hawk Down or Saving Private Ryan. Alpha Mike Foxtrot!
June 11, 2016
As a fan of the show since I was a kid, this remake updates it, makes it more sophisticated and does a great job of playing with some of the motifs from the show. I would love to see a sequel! Liam Neeson made a great Hannibal!
June 7, 2016
Awesome Action Movie
June 6, 2016
A pesar de que las series de TV no han sido bien adaptadas al cine recientemente, Brigada A o Los Magníficos, como se le conoce en América Latina, brinda un buen espectáculo y homenaje de la serie a modo de precuela. Narra los hechos de la intro del programa de televisión de los 80's y además cuenta con un buen cast que si bien no todos se parecen, hacen un excelente intento. Se extrañan un poco las vestimentas y maquillajes de Hannibal y se agradecen las exageraciones del personaje de Murdock, lo mismo que todas las referencias a la serie cuyos orígenes son contados. Aún así deja un des-sabor que obviamente solo puede ser llenado por la nostalgia al ver cualquier capítulo de la serie en línea y más con su excelente doblaje latino, mientras que la película se recomienda verse en inglés con todo y el Neeson interpretando a Neeson.
½ May 30, 2016
The A-Team is pulpy, campy action movie cheese. But, that doesn't mean it's a bad film. The shoot-em-up violence and overall feel of the movie emanates The Expendables. What a coincidence, considering both movies are from the same year.
May 17, 2016
Critics are dumb. The A-Team is precisely what I wanted from a television to movie adaptation. It's big, goes boom and is witty to the cheesiest degree. The A-Team is all about impossible stunts, Sherlock Holmes style trickery and lots of guns and this movie delivers wonderfully. Not perfect but certainly entertaining.
May 11, 2016
Lots of action for sure, but not all respecting the laws of physics and probabilities rules. Nice team of characters. Story over-the-top improbable and impossible. I didn't know this was a TV series. Still good fun with some bits I have thought about as kid. I didn't know I was spied on for ideas at the time. Now I do!
½ April 27, 2016
I gave this a re-watch while on vacation and can report that it holds up well upon the re-visit.

I originally went into this with only vague childhood memories to compare it to, so I have to admit to being fairly happy with the action-packed results that Joe Carnahan delivers.

Is it a good movie? No. Fun? Very much so.

I'd say give it a look if you're an action fan, because you will know what you're getting into and likely have a blast with this one.
½ April 24, 2016
Looks quite fake since the beginning. Just a cheap imitation from the original TV series.
April 13, 2016
A fun, noisy movie that doesn't really accomplish a whole lot except for being solid fun with decent characters.
March 27, 2016
Phew! It was exhausting - and excruciating - just getting through the opening titles. Poor Liam, did he know what he was signing up for?
March 27, 2016
With a very entertaining plot, this mvie was pretty good but got very shaky at parts. Other than that, it was very funny at parts and could definately make you laugh.