The A-Team Reviews
- The A-Team was rather formative in my younger years. Due to lack of welding equipment though, many efforts were hampered.
- Liam is not my first pick for Hannibal. He's too...precise. Cool. He lacks that slight twinge in the eye that puts you eerily on edge while being thankful he's in charge.
- Mexican Kung-fu ain't no match from a straight up kick in the chest from Bosco.
- Bradly Cooper as Face, on the other hand...is perfect. He is currently in the Mexican desert stuck in a stack of tires, while wearing a pristine hotel bathrobe, jawing off to the man who's pouring gasoline on him.
- And in the first scene with Murdock, he lights Face's arm on fire, because what else would you do if you're standing next to someone soaked in gasoline?
- Hannibal: "And now everyone's met Murdock." Face: "He lit my arm on fire!" B.A.: "He stitched a lightning bolt in mine."
- And THAT, ladies & gents, is how you fly a helo. If you're not making Very Serious Battle-Hardened Army Rangers cry for their mommies, you're not doing it right.
- Alpha. Mike. Foxtrot.
- "No one can do an antifreeze marinade like you can, Murdock, but I got a little Bell's Palsy last time. I'm no good in the field like that."
- That...was a terrible plan.
- But THAT...was a great escape plan.
- Fun fact...Murdock is completely impervious to electroshock therapy.
- Best line: "Boy, could I really use two hours of...not this."
- The show they're watching in the Day Room is...wait for it...The A-team in "The Great Escape." In 3-D.
- Cause if you're gonna steal a getaway vehicle...why not a C130 with a tank on board?
- B.A., just waking up: "WHY ARE WE IN A FALLING TANK?!!" Murdock: "BECAUSE THE AIRPLANE EXPLODED!"
- D.O.D. lackey: "Are they trying to shoot the other drone?" "No," Jessica Beal says in an authoritatively withering voice. "They're trying to fly the tank."
- I...I have no words. B.A. is forward rappelling down a skyscraper at full speed...while taking fire.
- Kyle, you're a moron, and now you have a broken nose.
- Second best line: "Because overkill is underrated."
- Save the world, go to jail. Just another Tuesday for...the A-Team.
An intense action-movie that made me laugh quite a few times. The acting is great and so is the action. A few plot twists in the movie made me interested throughout and overall, I'm glad I watched this movie.
I originally went into this with only vague childhood memories to compare it to, so I have to admit to being fairly happy with the action-packed results that Joe Carnahan delivers.
Is it a good movie? No. Fun? Very much so.
I'd say give it a look if you're an action fan, because you will know what you're getting into and likely have a blast with this one.