A.I. Artificial Intelligence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A.I. Artificial Intelligence Reviews

October 20, 2016
am vazut primele 30 minute. este interesanta ideea si filtrul cinematografic pare unul romantit. actiunea se misca incet, imi trebuie o seara cu popcorn pentru ca pare un film lung.
½ October 14, 2016
I did not enjoy the movie - it was slow, weird, and not at all what I expected. That being said, it did have great acting and thought-provoking moments.
September 23, 2016
It's a tie between this and Melancholia as the worst movie of all time. Hours of my life I will never have back. I felt like I not only lost the vote for which movie to see but I lost a bet and chose this instead of red hot pokers in my eyes. The only reason I didn't fall asleep is I didn't want that creepy a$$ teddy bear in my subconscious
½ September 19, 2016
mr. spielburg's continuing attempt to find the real filmmaker hiding inside of him...although still interesting
September 12, 2016
Um dos melhores filmes de todos os tempos.
September 9, 2016
9/8/16 It was an interesting concept. I liked it, but I think it went a little overboard with some of the weird futuristic stuff (like the Flesh Fair). I also found it pretty sad, so I didn't really like watching it sometimes. It made me feel bad, which isn't fun. Overall though, it was a good story and an interesting watch.
½ August 31, 2016
It's strikingly beautiful on the surface, but I think Spielberg's sentimentality in the third act feels forced. Haley Joel Osment really puts on an amazing performance here though that I can't imagine anyone else doing. It's not a failure by any means, but I don't think it reaches the potential brilliance it should have given Spielberg and Kubrick dealing with the future and our inevitable demise to technology.
July 22, 2016
excelent movinog film
July 21, 2016
Really not that good of a movie from Steven Spielberg. It boasts interesting ideas and themes, and tugs on the heart strings a little like all of his work. But overall the movie felt rather lackluster and forgettable to me.
½ July 18, 2016
I rate this film 4.5/5. Still, I would call it a masterpiece.
That's the great thing with Spielberg films. You watch one of his movies, and of course, it has to be good. I feel like Spielberg has the ability to control his audience's emotions completely. In addition to this, his films are always so outstandingly creative and original.
A.I: Artificial Intelligence is a futuristic Pinocchio tale outstandingly directed.
And of course, you can't forget Haley Joel Osment while thinking about this movie. For Haley Joel Osment's acting was so incredible that I wonder whether Tom Hanks is even almost comparable to this child actor.
I do sometimes consider this film a masterpiece. But really, it's not.
The idea, script, acting, and direction was extraordinary. But Spielberg didn't know when to put and end to this brilliance.
This story needs and ending. But that's the thing with Spielberg - he needs a happy one.
The film was excellent, but near the end it got messy and left me with mixed feelings about the movie.
It's such a strong ending, so deep, that I could not have taken more than a 0.5 away.
4.5/5 stars is deserved.
This film definitely is a classic, and definitely a must see.
July 15, 2016
Literally just watched it, cried buckets, one of Spielburg's darkest, I loved it.

Powerfully acted with a smooth-as-you-like turn from Jude Law as well as the infamous never blinking Haley Joel Osmond, and a scenery chewing cameo from Brendan Gleeson. It's a great ensemble piece with the real star being not Osmond, Law, or even Spielburg but the elaborate production design of
Rick Carter and and the fantastic animatronics, elaborate and convincing.

At times fanciful, at times too long, and at times ripping off Blade Runner but who isn't these days, AI is a criminally underrated success. My theory is that the rumours of Kubrick's involvement caused audiences at the time to expect something they weren't getting. It's bloody fantastic and I can only see myself enjoying it more as time goes on.
June 29, 2016
one of the most fascinating Spielberg movie ever made
June 27, 2016
Was enjoyably weird, bleak and curiously comic-like for most part, until he last bit where Kubrick's mastery gave way to Spielberg's over-exaggerated sentimentalism. The last 30 minutes is redundant and spoils the whole film, effectively erasing the memory of its good part. What a shame.
½ June 22, 2016
I'd give this movie NEGATIVE five stars if I could. A.I is the worst movie ever made IMO.
½ June 19, 2016
There is a lot to take in on a first viewing. But if there's one thing I'm certain about then it's that some of the things on screen here will stay with me for a long time - not least of which being the remarkable Haley Joel Osment.
June 17, 2016
Not very kid-friendly, although it sometimes feels it is, "Artificial Intelligence" takes an affectionate look at A.I. the same way "E.T." did at aliens.
June 2, 2016
A fascinating and absorbing watch - fusing the visions of two master filmmakers and directed with heart, sincerity, and concluded perfectly by Spielberg. The performance of Haley Joel Osment is magnificence, as is John Williams' score. A reimaginaning of the story of 'Pinnochio' - a story of love, endearment, and of puppet and master. Each plays a different role in this film, and ultimately 'David' gets a fulfilling and satisfying conclusion to his quest for 'realness'. Quite incredible film.
May 20, 2016
Steven Spielberg is the greatest storyteller of the year!
May 10, 2016
A masterpiece that shows the value of emotions, especially for those who aren't capable of making emotions. Too many take social skills for granted, not realizing how difficult it can be for others. Watch it through the eyes of someone who is socially limited. It's moving