Airport '77 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airport '77 Reviews

June 25, 2016
June 5, 2016
Lol...great disaster movie...last watched in the late 70's.
½ March 11, 2016
Airport 77 is kind of a weird one because of the story line. A 747 sinks to the bottom of the ocean! Although not as predictable as one would think. Jack Lemon of course carried the movie, but there was also an amazing all star cast, compared to the other 3 movies.
June 4, 2015
Airport '77 is the third entry in the airplane disaster series, which became a parody of itself, but also became parody in another series of films about airplane disasters via comedy. This one didn't feel all that memorable or have all that much energy to it. It does, however (like most of these movies), feature an all-star cast which included Joseph Cotten, Kathleen Quinlan, Olivia de Havilland, Jack Lemmon, Lee Grant, Christopher Lee, and many others. It's not one of the best of the series, but it's definitely worth watching if you like any of these movies at all.
October 20, 2014
Always Great to watch a Classic
½ September 16, 2014
En "Airport '77" ahora es un Boeing 747 el que se ve enfrentado a un desastre inminente y se encuentra repleto de actores de la talla de Jack Lemmon y Olivia de Havilland. Mas cursi que emocionante y no supo envejecer dignamente.
½ August 24, 2014
Either we all drown or we will suffocate.

A group of art thieves decide to highjack a 747 and hide its disappearance behind the legend of the Bermuda Triangle. Unfortunately, the plane crashes into the ocean leaving the passengers in a plane 100 feet under water. It may appear the legend of the Bermuda Triangle is more real than the art thieves imagined. Is there any hope for survival for the passengers on the plane?

"Are you a real police man?"
"Sort of."

Jerry Jameson, director of Heat (1986), The Call of the Wild, Superdome, Hurricane, The Dirt Gang, The Bat People, The Deadly Tower, and The Red Spider, delivers Airport 77. The storyline for this picture is just okay and as you'd expect from a film with this plot. The dialogue was just average and the acting was better than expected. The cast includes Jack Lemmon, James Stewart, Joseph Cotton, Lee Grant, Robert Foxworth, and Christopher Lee.

"Radios don't work underwater."

I grabbed this off turner Classic Movies (TCM) when I discovered it starred Jack Lemmon (he made a lot of good films in this era, this isn't one of them). I felt this movie was a bit cliché and on par with the disaster films from this era (i.e. just okay). Overall, this isn't a complete waste of time but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

"If there are survivors, they're going to find them."

Grade: C
May 2, 2014
½ March 8, 2014
Stretches reality well past its breaking point
½ January 7, 2014
A Entertaining disaster movie.
October 4, 2013
A great 70s disaster movie, A jet crashes into the sea, and the survivors try to stay alive within the plane, threaded through the film are various personalities, and of course all the bad one's die ,Attempts are then made to re float the plane long enough for the people trapped to get out, but it starts sinking quickly, It's an enjoyable disaster romp.
September 26, 2013
Oh, this was a riot! Straight from the theater of the absurd! There is not too much to waste reviewing this film because it's certified disaster movie crap. Then again, studios could get away with this in the 70's and 80's. Hell, Roland Emmerich still gets away with it today! Maybe he watched to many of these movies when he was on his early 20's.
½ June 9, 2013
In [i]Airport '77[/i], the third installment of the disaster series, a hijacked 747 with a discotheque interior crashes into the Bermuda Triangle and sinks underwater...with the passengers and crew still alive!!! Thanks to the "real" aquatic rescue techniques of the Navy (see end credits for details) only a few miserable lives are lost. Despite the premise, the all-star cast (Jack Lemmon, Olivia de Haviland, Darren McGavin, Christopher Lee, Jimmy Stewart, and Lee Grant) is able to save the plot from drowning.
May 26, 2013
For a disaster flik, I've seen worse. But nothing I'd want to see again.
½ May 11, 2013
Definitely a guilty pleasure movie because from a critical standpoint this is a bad movie. That being said it is fairly over the top and interesting enough to make it a somewhat enjoyable film.
½ March 30, 2013
The most memorable of the Airport movies, in my opinion. Has a crazy all star cast too, including Jimmy Stewart!
March 22, 2013
The worst one of the bunch... even if i suspend my disbelief, this movie didn't satisfy me as a disaster movie watcher.
December 20, 2012
Ugh...I hate those cheesy disaster flicks.
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
November 10, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, please, please be calm--it's senseless to spend your last few minutes screaming !!!