Alien3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien3 Reviews

½ January 14, 2017
The cgi sucked some plot holes but bloody and entertaining and very very dark. It was a very negative movie but I enjoy it.
January 6, 2017
:/¢,¦â¦......
½ January 6, 2017
Fincher was forced to make this movie and it's obvious.
December 11, 2016
Are there bumps along the road? For sure. However, I don't believe that makes this a bad film by any means. No one can say that David Fincher didn't do a stellar job of creating a sense of dread and fear all throughout, even if reshoots and plot elements in the latter act do undermine all of that narrative success.
½ November 24, 2016
Frustrating and poorly made, this third chapter has an intriguing beginning but the development lacks the unbearable tension of the first film and the unstoppable action of the second, while its final act is like a tiresome slasher movie and the CGI of the creature atrocious.
½ November 21, 2016
An ultra dark and bleak entry in the Alien franchise. Even though with conspicuous flaws this film has distinctive features of David Fincher's style and the main advantage of the film not being bad is that it is shot differently from the previous films which makes it original enough.
November 14, 2016
Started fine, poor CGI at times, extended version took out original ending. Something different.
½ November 2, 2016
An ok sequel. The alien looks odd. The charecters swear to much. Also the movie is slow. Somehow with all thoughts flaws it still works. The ending is also very good.
½ October 8, 2016
I actually really like Alien 3, it has a sort of psychological horror aspect to it that I love. I can understand why people hate it, but if you can forgive the movie for it's faults you'll have a lot of fun watching.
October 1, 2016
This third film in the Alien franchise lacks the polish of its predecessors Alien and Aliens.
Indeed it is the directorial debut of David Fischer who on reflection must see he is no Ridley Scott or James Cameron.
Sigourney Weaver returns as weary Ellen Ripley whose ship crash lands on a prison planet along with an alien!
The cast of Aliens die in the crash apart from Ripley. Perhaps that alone is a sign of things to come in this film.
The only saving grace I could see was some of the casting including the late great Brian Glover as some kind of prison governor. Glover was in Kes and An American Warewolf In London.
The Alien itself is a nasty piece of work but all in all the special effects of it are pretty mediocre and would grace a TVM.
I can't believe I gave the original Alien such criticism after watching this rubbish. Hence the score!
To make it worse Weaver as Ripley sports a horrendous skinhead haircut ala Nothing Compares 2 u. Everytime she appeared on screen I couldn't get that horrendous music video out of my head.
I see that this production was beset with problems. It shows on screen.
½ September 19, 2016
I tried but i'm too sober.
½ September 9, 2016
In space no one can hear you let the dogs out but if you lay an alien egg inside an actual dog, an alien is going to bust out anf kill the hell out of some people, then one of them SPOILER ALERT is going to commit suicide because the future is bkeak eniugh with out some damn corporation wanting to take an alien back to study. Best uses if fishbowl lenses since gleaming the cube if they used a fishbowl lense in that. I wanted to give Alien 3 3 stars because the bleak nhilism was great but didn't appeal to as mny senses as the first two alien movies. Sadly my smart ohone would nit let me scroll past 2.5 stars. Maybe I should start calling it a dumb phone. Or maybe the jole is on me because I am not using the official Rotten Tomatoes app. I'm a zombie. Whatever, it was a pre
tty good movie, but the half star just isn't worth it.
September 3, 2016
Alien 3 is not a perfect film. There is one flaw in the very beginning that could ruin the movie for some, but other than that, it is a very worthy sequel to the previous two films. Why it has so much hate, I'll never understand.
August 22, 2016
The thing I found laughable about most of the reviews given for the film is how much the computer generated images we're so bad in this film.
This was 1992, the film only had 1 scene under 15 seconds that was digitized.
Everything else of the Alien was a puppet ROTOSCOPED over a bluescreen.
Loved the atmosphere. Hated the plot. Enjoyed the story...
½ August 15, 2016
I really dont get all the hate, this should be reevaluated. Its thrilling, well enough written with a fun story and a direction that understands its material and plays to its forces. Seriously, this should not be considered a weak entry in the series. Its grimy, dreary and with a good use of its desolate setting.
July 31, 2016
While Sigourney Weaver puts in a pretty damn good Ellen Ripley performance, the film suffers from a lacklustre story and quite an uninteresting foe - despite it being an alien.
July 22, 2016
Very enjoyable and well done.
July 19, 2016
With only a few changes from the original script, we get Alien 3. Well at least that what it feels like. If you've seen the original there's really no need to see this one. But it does go on to be a perfect example of never judge a director by his first outing. Cause if you did, we'd never have gotten gems like Seven, The Social Network, and Gone Girl. Everyone deserves a second chance people.
July 12, 2016
This film is hated because it disrespects some of the characters from the first two films but Alien 3 is not that bad of a film. Alien 3 is a perfect example of how movie series should be. Movies shouldn't save characters just because they are fan favorites. The plot of the Alien movie series is this woman wakes up from a nightmare into an even worse nightmare and thats what Alien 3 states and just makes the Sci-Fi horror series even scarier!