Alien Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Resurrection Reviews

½ March 11, 2017
Alien: Resurrection is my least favorite film in the series. It's really the only time I've just said what so many times during a movie. I don't understand how some hate 3, but like this one. Given it's not a large number of people, bit enough to address. Yes Alien 3 has its problems, but this one, this one was hard to accept in the same universe as the others. I mean Weyland-yutani was bought out by Wal-Mart? It just seemed like a parody almost of the series. I really would have preferred that they didn't have Ripley in the movie and had a new protagonist. I did love the ideas it had though. Military finally got the creatures, cloning, and a few other things, but they seemed oddly executed. All in all, it's an odd and, to me, an unsatisfactory addition to an otherwise amazing film series.
March 8, 2017
Again, this one is mediocre. "Alien Resurrection" just seems like a film that's milking the franchise. It's okay with it's action, but the chemistry from the first two is gone.
March 5, 2017
Another good alien movie ..the whole series is great.
½ March 1, 2017
This isn't the best Alien movie, but it's not the worst. Some of it is a little stupid. I was more entertained than the third one though.
½ February 19, 2017
Piece of trash, unfortunately involving the alien character. It absolutely falls out of the franchise, even Weaver's sarcastic performance.
½ January 14, 2017
We don't care what you say this movie SUCKS!!!! It's enjoyable into that ugly alien/human comes in. That thing deserve the title one ugly mother you no the rest :)
January 3, 2017
Wow... this one blew chunks at me all the way through... I don't know what is going on here. Just stick to the first three.
½ December 24, 2016
Hmm. If you pluck this movie from Jean-Pierre Jeunet's filmography, it works well as a Jeunet picture. However, as another installment in a long-running franchise, this thing doesn't have a leg to stand on.
October 30, 2016
Two hundred years after Ellen Ripley died saving mankind from a brutal alien race, scientists clone her to recreate the alien, believing they can bend it to their will. The new Ripley is part alien however, and ambiguous in her intentions. As a small cargo ship arrives with peculiar supplies and a motley crew, the scientists naturally underestimate the aliens, chaos and carnage ensue and the survivors band together to try to make it out alive but can Ripley be trusted?

Not as good as the first two, this film becomes more stomach-churning with each scene and the director goes over the top for shock value. The action is good though and Weaver and Ryder give good performances. The ending is nice too.
½ September 17, 2016
Simply horrible. Great way to ruin an icon.
September 11, 2016
Wow, there was a lot of messed up stuff in this move. Grotesque is an adequate word to describe it. The ending is beyond strange with one of the least sympathetic monsters in memory showing up at the end. Does anybody really understand what the hell is going on at the end with the mother alien? Despite it's flaws, this is a visually stunning film and in some ways the most disturbing of the four.
½ August 28, 2016
It's as if Josh Whedon shot up in the middle of some inspired, wonderfully dark, serious dream - a dream filled with thought-provoking and provocative ideas for how to resurrect the Alien franchise, justifiably! Only then he got side tracked by, I dunno... Maybe a month-long Jim Henson obsession? Then, at zero-hour, he began writing this, but only after having contemplated a very perverse, self-aware, Muppet sequel.
Still, I have to admit, that sounds like a film I would see.
August 28, 2016
Alien Resurrection is one of those particular movies in which almost every single aspect of it is wrong.
½ August 15, 2016
I would have loved this movie SO much had Jean-Pierre Jeunet refrained from sullying it with stupid humour. This is not friggin Amelie Poulin, this is Alien; a quirky cartoonish bad guy is NOT a good idea. I understand they wanted to inject the series with his style of surreal and steely dreaminess but they should have done it with seriousness. Ever quip is just very awkwark. This said, its a solid entry, with good themes, great visuals, and there Winona wich is a big plus. Its main flaw is how the story around the story is inexistant, we dont know how the world works at that point, wich would have been relevant to understand the dynamic and make the ending work. Still i liked it but please, no more jokes in this series.
July 17, 2016
Whenever some calls Joss Whedon a revolutionary writer/filmmaker please show them this. Often, and rightly, called the worst movie in the Alien franchise the movie poorly written, not scary, and full of the stock Whedon characters we've come to know in the years to come. I guarantee you won't remember a single plot point or character from this film. And that's a good thing.
July 12, 2016
Not a great sequel but Alien Resurrection is a fun one. Some of the things from this movie kinda disappointing but still keeps the theme of unending nightmares.
½ July 11, 2016
Alien: Resurrection begins with Ripley being cloned and the scientists take the cloned Alien that was in her chest out and they begin to create the Xenomorph race in order to study them. When the Aliens find a way out, everyone must band together to prevent the Xenomorphs from threatening the human race. Overall, Resurrection is a pointless installment with over the top performances and a plot that isn't very good from the beginning. I don't recommend watching this Alien film.
July 6, 2016
This is by far the worst one in the franchise.
½ June 30, 2016
Relishes in its stupidity resulting in a largely comical and entertaining watch, which is more that can be said about Alien 3.