Alien Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Resurrection Reviews

October 18, 2016
We don't care what you say this movie SUCKS!!!! It's enjoyable into that ugly alien/human comes in. That thing deserve the title one ugly mother you no the rest :)
½ September 17, 2016
Simply horrible. Great way to ruin an icon.
September 11, 2016
Wow, there was a lot of messed up stuff in this move. Grotesque is an adequate word to describe it. The ending is beyond strange with one of the least sympathetic monsters in memory showing up at the end. Does anybody really understand what the hell is going on at the end with the mother alien? Despite it's flaws, this is a visually stunning film and in some ways the most disturbing of the four.
½ August 28, 2016
It's as if Josh Whedon shot up in the middle of some inspired, wonderfully dark, serious dream - a dream filled with thought-provoking and provocative ideas for how to resurrect the Alien franchise, justifiably! Only then he got side tracked by, I dunno... Maybe a month-long Jim Henson obsession? Then, at zero-hour, he began writing this, but only after having contemplated a very perverse, self-aware, Muppet sequel.
Still, I have to admit, that sounds like a film I would see.
August 28, 2016
Alien Resurrection is one of those particular movies in which almost every single aspect of it is wrong.
½ August 15, 2016
I would have loved this movie SO much had Jean-Pierre Jeunet refrained from sullying it with stupid humour. This is not friggin Amelie Poulin, this is Alien; a quirky cartoonish bad guy is NOT a good idea. I understand they wanted to inject the series with his style of surreal and steely dreaminess but they should have done it with seriousness. Ever quip is just very awkwark. This said, its a solid entry, with good themes, great visuals, and there Winona wich is a big plus. Its main flaw is how the story around the story is inexistant, we dont know how the world works at that point, wich would have been relevant to understand the dynamic and make the ending work. Still i liked it but please, no more jokes in this series.
July 17, 2016
Whenever some calls Joss Whedon a revolutionary writer/filmmaker please show them this. Often, and rightly, called the worst movie in the Alien franchise the movie poorly written, not scary, and full of the stock Whedon characters we've come to know in the years to come. I guarantee you won't remember a single plot point or character from this film. And that's a good thing.
July 12, 2016
Not a great sequel but Alien Resurrection is a fun one. Some of the things from this movie kinda disappointing but still keeps the theme of unending nightmares.
½ July 11, 2016
Alien: Resurrection begins with Ripley being cloned and the scientists take the cloned Alien that was in her chest out and they begin to create the Xenomorph race in order to study them. When the Aliens find a way out, everyone must band together to prevent the Xenomorphs from threatening the human race. Overall, Resurrection is a pointless installment with over the top performances and a plot that isn't very good from the beginning. I don't recommend watching this Alien film.
July 6, 2016
This is by far the worst one in the franchise.
½ June 30, 2016
Relishes in its stupidity resulting in a largely comical and entertaining watch, which is more that can be said about Alien 3.
½ June 22, 2016
Ellen Ripley as a human/alien hybrid? Okay, I'm listening. Script lacking any real point other than to escape getting killed by aliens. Yeah, you're losing me. Oh and Brad Dourif's character really is just off putting and terrible. Decent amount of "alien action" saves the flat dialogue from a lower score with this one. Pretty surprising seeing as that Joss Whedon wrote this one.
½ June 6, 2016
Resurrection is better than Alien 3 in many ways (more consistent, simpler and at times thrilling), but that doesn't stop it from still failing to live up to the first two film's legendary statuses and convincingly keep the franchise up.
½ May 8, 2016
This film really, really tries to give us a unique Alien experience but fails due to cliches and a boring plot. Props to the cast and their off-beat characters.
May 7, 2016
Alien Resurrection tired to bring the Franchise back to it's original strengh, but sadly fails to do that. It definitely improved on Alien≥, but that just wasnt enough to make Resurrection a great movie you want to go back to.
May 6, 2016
An interesting twist to say the least, this one brings back our beloved heroine, but not the feelings of horror and excitement as the first and second film.
April 30, 2016
Alien: Resurection did the opposite of its title and killed the attempt to bring the franchise back. Making Ripley a clone/alien is weird and I'm not even sure why they did it.
April 22, 2016
I would have given it 5 stars if Sigourney kissed Winona when they first met you know the bit when they looked deeply into each others eyes it was well hot
½ April 18, 2016
Watching this for the second night in a row. Apparently I have a thing for Sigourney Weaver.