Alien Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Resurrection Reviews

½ April 27, 2017
Not as good as the first two but certainly better than part three Resurrection restores the potential of the science fiction horror classic by improved special effects and likeable characters.
½ April 25, 2017
What is happening? This, once great, franchise has just slipped into obscurity. This is the worst Alien film to date. When the writers sat down to write this script they just through some stuff against the wall and nothing at all stuck. The story is all over the place and the characters are all A-holes. Half alien Half Ripley is just not fun and a poor execution of a character. I just did not have fun while watching this film.
½ April 20, 2017
The Batman and Robin of the Alien franchise.
April 18, 2017
This movie is great spinoff for ALIEN movies and the best comic adaptation putting on screen based on Alien Labyrinth comics. Have great space pirates as antiheros. Every body loves The Gourdians of galaxy I prefer those guys and aliens in it.
½ April 17, 2017
There are a couple scenes mid-way through the movie that are actually really interesting. Unfortunately it's not worth wading through the rest of the nearly unwatchable hour and a half.
April 14, 2017
Alien Resurrection definitely falls into a category of bad with Batman and Robin. With cartoonish violence and design, awful dialogue, bad acting and way too much slime, Alien Resurrection is one of the worst movies ever made.
½ March 28, 2017
The film starts strong, delivering the action and scares but it quickly descends into sheer madness due to poor pacing and a conclusion so stupid that Alien 3 starts looking like a masterpiece.
Grade: C-
½ March 11, 2017
Alien: Resurrection is my least favorite film in the series. It's really the only time I've just said what so many times during a movie. I don't understand how some hate 3, but like this one. Given it's not a large number of people, bit enough to address. Yes Alien 3 has its problems, but this one, this one was hard to accept in the same universe as the others. I mean Weyland-yutani was bought out by Wal-Mart? It just seemed like a parody almost of the series. I really would have preferred that they didn't have Ripley in the movie and had a new protagonist. I did love the ideas it had though. Military finally got the creatures, cloning, and a few other things, but they seemed oddly executed. All in all, it's an odd and, to me, an unsatisfactory addition to an otherwise amazing film series.
March 8, 2017
Again, this one is mediocre. "Alien Resurrection" just seems like a film that's milking the franchise. It's okay with it's action, but the chemistry from the first two is gone.
March 5, 2017
Another good alien movie ..the whole series is great.
½ February 19, 2017
Piece of trash, unfortunately involving the alien character. It absolutely falls out of the franchise, even Weaver's sarcastic performance.
½ January 14, 2017
We don't care what you say this movie SUCKS!!!! It's enjoyable into that ugly alien/human comes in. That thing deserve the title one ugly mother you no the rest :)
January 3, 2017
Wow... this one blew chunks at me all the way through... I don't know what is going on here. Just stick to the first three.
½ December 24, 2016
Hmm. If you pluck this movie from Jean-Pierre Jeunet's filmography, it works well as a Jeunet picture. However, as another installment in a long-running franchise, this thing doesn't have a leg to stand on.
October 30, 2016
Two hundred years after Ellen Ripley died saving mankind from a brutal alien race, scientists clone her to recreate the alien, believing they can bend it to their will. The new Ripley is part alien however, and ambiguous in her intentions. As a small cargo ship arrives with peculiar supplies and a motley crew, the scientists naturally underestimate the aliens, chaos and carnage ensue and the survivors band together to try to make it out alive but can Ripley be trusted?

Not as good as the first two, this film becomes more stomach-churning with each scene and the director goes over the top for shock value. The action is good though and Weaver and Ryder give good performances. The ending is nice too.
½ September 17, 2016
Simply horrible. Great way to ruin an icon.
September 11, 2016
Wow, there was a lot of messed up stuff in this move. Grotesque is an adequate word to describe it. The ending is beyond strange with one of the least sympathetic monsters in memory showing up at the end. Does anybody really understand what the hell is going on at the end with the mother alien? Despite it's flaws, this is a visually stunning film and in some ways the most disturbing of the four.
½ August 28, 2016
It's as if Josh Whedon shot up in the middle of some inspired, wonderfully dark, serious dream - a dream filled with thought-provoking and provocative ideas for how to resurrect the Alien franchise, justifiably! Only then he got side tracked by, I dunno... Maybe a month-long Jim Henson obsession? Then, at zero-hour, he began writing this, but only after having contemplated a very perverse, self-aware, Muppet sequel.
Still, I have to admit, that sounds like a film I would see.
August 28, 2016
Alien Resurrection is one of those particular movies in which almost every single aspect of it is wrong.