Alien Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Resurrection Reviews

½ August 25, 2017
Alien Resurrection is actually a very solid, surprisingly competent film and a huge improvement over the previous installment. Its first half is very dull, it takes time getting used to and most of the characters are disposable, but Winona Ryder and of course Sigourney Weaver are very good, the film has a couple of excellent, truly memorable action sequences and the addition of hybrid Xenomorphs was a very interesting, creepy idea.
August 20, 2017
I actually thought about breaking the dvd in half
August 20, 2017
better than 3 but doesn't come close to the first two.
August 20, 2017
Ripley is still a bad ass in this movie but the other characters are only ok. The fact that Ripley is now a clone is strange and probably unnecessary (watch Alien 3 to understand why). And though the creepy atmospheric feeling is gone from the original 1979 movie, it still has some pretty cool parts. For example, it's cool to see how the aliens interact underwater and it's also cool to learn how smart they really are. The ending is ok, the pacing was ok.
As long as your have an open mind, you'll find that this is not a terrible movie like a lot of people make it out to be...but it's not in the same level as Alien or Aliens. I think if you're a fan of the first two films, you should watch all the Alien movies to keep track of Ripley's bad ass journey with these aliens. I would rate it a little bit better than average but it's not very good overall...so, maybe GOOD enough: 3/5 OR 6/10
½ August 16, 2017
And here we go again with another change in tone, one that tries very hard to replicate the one set by Cameron's 'Aliens' and, unfortuntely, fails. Although the script is more interesting than its predecessor, it's hard to say that it's much better with some of the choices being very over-the-top, camp and bordering on self-parody, as well as a lack of characters that have any depth or provide much interest. Points for effort, but at the end of the day, although there are a few flashes of brilliance that are reminiscent of the first two masterpieces of film, 'Alien Resurrection' ends up being too ridiculous and quirky to hold a candle to them.
August 11, 2017
Terrible alien movie.
August 10, 2017
Alien resurrection isn't a terrible movie. I actually kind of enjoyed this movie. It was fun to watch and I thought it was better than Alien3. I liked how the plot wasn't as confusing as part 3. I also thought the aliens looked better than part 3. Another thing I liked about this movie was that it was just entertaining. I had some fun watching it. There were some stupid moments, funny moments, and some action scenes. But that also turns out to be a problem. This movie lost everything that made the first movie so creepy. This movie isn't eerie or creepy. It didn't really feel like an alien movie. It felt like something else. This movie isn't scary either, there's just some blood and some gross out moments. The characters aren't very special either but I didn't really care that much because I kind of feel that way for most of the characters in the other alien movies. The characters in this movie were more thin than the other movies though. Overall Alien resurrection is an improvement over the last alien movie and ends up being better than AVP. C+
August 2, 2017
An Absolute Masterpiece of Cinematography and Acting. Its absolutelty SHITEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Yay.
July 16, 2017
Like the last film it begins by undermining the previous film, but if you can get over that there's a lot of potential in the central conceit: making Ripley the thing she hates. Weaver nails the contradictions in this new version of the character and she holds the film together and is responsible for it's best moments. The problem is the rest of the action doesn't know what it wants to be, occasionally working as horror or black comedy but not coming down enough on oneside or the other. However, it generally fails to be either; the horror is more gore based than suspense based, the reverse of the previous entries in the series, and the comedy is sometimes totally incongruous. A lot of the latter comes from the rest of the cast, the former from a new monster, both of which are the least believable of the franchise and overall the film lacks any ability to immerse us in this world that drew us in so completely in its predecessors.
July 12, 2017
It has some okay action scenes and some eerie cinematography, but overall, it's a pretty weak "finale" for the Alien franchise.
July 7, 2017
This 4th alien movie was awfully hilarious. It had terrible dialogue, OK characters, but overall it was so bad that it was good.
½ July 6, 2017
By far the weakest of the bunch, "Resurrection" simply holds few, if any, surprises, not just for an Alien film, but for a genre movie in general. Jean-Pierre Jeunet's direction is competent but fails to get this movie off the ground. The backstory, the characters and even some details seem kind of haphazard and the expansion of the Alien lore a little desperate. Nevertheless, some great moments will be found herein, such as the underwater sequence, so this is far from a disaster.
July 3, 2017
By far, the most batshit and crazy Alien film to date. That said, it's still much better than Alien 3. The CGI is pretty good for its day and have Ron Perlman and Brad Douriff is a great addition. The plot is insane and there's some OTT action but it's a bit of fun and a nice addition to the series.
June 28, 2017
I love all the movies and own all of them. Resurrection was indeed a great movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat as did the others, that's why I give it 5 stars.
June 28, 2017
The fourth installment of the series, looking to further the character arc of Ripley and clearly unsure of which direction to take, curiously chooses to have her embrace the alien species. The aliens themselves are reduced to mere plot devices and are hardly up to a single scare. While less preachy than the third it still resorts to characters yelling in an attempt to disguise a lack of direction. Joss Whedon's script is more succinct than the third, too.
June 27, 2017
Re-watching all the Aliens movies (OK, so not the Predator ones...) with my son, in preparation for Covenant. This I hardly remembered. I am a fan of Jeunet and Weaver is of course excellent, as always. Still, this is trifle compared to Alien and Aliens.
June 27, 2017
F
How anyone could like this more than Alien 3, Prometheus, or an other Alien film is beyond me. Wow this was bad!
June 24, 2017
Odd plot but strangely good to watch. Lots of action and a solid addition to the franchise.
½ June 19, 2017
I suppose that's where the decline is about to begin..