Alien Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Resurrection Reviews

June 28, 2017
I love all the movies and own all of them. Resurrection was indeed a great movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat as did the others, that's why I give it 5 stars.
June 28, 2017
The fourth installment of the series, looking to further the character arc of Ripley and clearly unsure of which direction to take, curiously chooses to have her embrace the alien species. The aliens themselves are reduced to mere plot devices and are hardly up to a single scare. While less preachy than the third it still resorts to characters yelling in an attempt to disguise a lack of direction. Joss Whedon's script is more succinct than the third, too.
June 27, 2017
Re-watching all the Aliens movies (OK, so not the Predator ones...) with my son, in preparation for Covenant. This I hardly remembered. I am a fan of Jeunet and Weaver is of course excellent, as always. Still, this is trifle compared to Alien and Aliens.
June 27, 2017
F
How anyone could like this more than Alien 3, Prometheus, or an other Alien film is beyond me. Wow this was bad!
June 24, 2017
Odd plot but strangely good to watch. Lots of action and a solid addition to the franchise.
June 21, 2017
This 4th alien movie was awfully hilarious. It had terrible dialogue, OK characters, but overall it was just bad.
½ June 19, 2017
I suppose that's where the decline is about to begin..
June 10, 2017
Another unnecessary recycled sequel, but this had life to it. It had silly characters and a lighter funnier crazier feel to it, which was different. Hurray for different. I love schlock.
½ June 4, 2017
Resurrection is probably the most disturbing of all Alien films, both in its Cronenberg-like violence (failed Ripley hybrids), & its incestuous sexual psychology. The commitment it makes to its own weirdness is certainly noble, but unfortunately it's nearly as stupid as it is bold. Ripley as a morally ambiguous clone is interesting, but the dialogue is laughably outrageous, & the characters are basically a bad parody of the series (what movie is Dan Hedaya even in?!). Entertaining? Kinda. Watchable? Totally. Good? No.
½ June 3, 2017
This film is hated on a lot, but I like it! The gritty spaceship designs & environments, underwater aliens(!), and a very dark sense of humor thanks to Joss Whedon's 'disowned' script. Sigourney Weaver looks fantastic! There are definitely scenes that should have been trimmed or deleted. And I'm talking about the 'theatrical' version only. I hate the special edition! The substitute scenes are done with extremely poor CGI, and we're done for the purposes of quick cash only. In fact, the director's prologue comments state that he was under enormous financial pressure to make the changes, and that his director's cut is the theatrical cut. If you purchase the iTunes digital version in HD, the special features are available with wifi. The theatrical version is in those special features
June 1, 2017
That basketball scene tho...
June 1, 2017
Alien: Resurrection (1997) in my honest opinion, is better than Alien 3 (1992), but still not as good as Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986). The story in this movie is actually quite interesting, and the acting and music are very good (though I will admit that the acting can sometimes get too over the top at moments). The biggest accomplishment this film has is its amazing special effects that were mostly done using practicals (there's some CGI, but even then that still looks good). I mostly recommend watching the Special Edition of this movie because while the extra scenes seem to only exist just to explain more stuff, and make the film a bit longer, the ending is much different than what was seen in the Theatrical Version (for the most part at least). While Alien: Resurrection (1997) is not a classic like the first two movies in the Alien franchise, its still a fun sci fi horror movie to give a watch.
May 30, 2017
It's not that Resurrection is terrible or boring. It's just a kind of rubbish and overly nasty continuation that is a clear step below the standard set by its predecessors.
½ May 29, 2017
Better than the third movie, but still not as good as the first two movies. Sigourney Weaver and the rest of the cast is great.
May 29, 2017
Many fan boys of the facebook era might claim that this movie is not good enough, But the truth is that it's a masterpiece compared with Prometheus and Covenant. Resurrection is full of epic and classic Alien moments as well as an Iconic atmosphere that only the 4 first movies have.
May 28, 2017
wheres arnold? all the typically dumb action movie lines ruin this
May 28, 2017
It's definitely no where near as good as Alien and Aliens, but its certainly not as bad as Alien 3 as it explores the somewhat tortured and conflicted soul of Ellen Ripley's clone.
May 25, 2017
Jeunet does his best to salvage the Alien franchise after the travesty that was 'Alien3'. There are moments of greatness in this film (especially with any interaction between Ripley 8 and Call), but ultimately it can't dig itself out of the pit the franchise was in at this point. There are many beautifully shot scenes with one of the highlights being the underwater chase. This is the best action scene of the movie. After that sequence the story gets bogged down with hybrid aliens and awkward exposition from a cocooned Brad Dourif. Ultimately 'Alien: Resurrection' is a stylishly shot thriller, with two badass female protagonists, that unfortunately doesn't come together to form a compelling story.
May 25, 2017
Sigourney Weavers final performance as Ellen Ripley is a fun and enjoyable popcorn flick. It ventures into horror comedy territory but still has a few scares and unsettling scenes along the way.
May 24, 2017
Alien Resurrection has a faster pace, and slightly more engaging premise than it's predecessor, but it still fails to capture the magic of the first two installments.