AVP - Alien Vs. Predator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

AVP - Alien Vs. Predator Reviews

November 9, 2018
This is by far the most shortest alien or predator movie out there and I must say the pacing hurts the suspense not even like 40 minutes in we get a kill you would expect the predators or aliens to stalk but nope also CGI is pretty bad even for 2004 its noticeable. things I liked are costume designs especially the predators they look really good except for the mandibles they look terrible compared to predator. overall don't watch unless you want a 1 hour and 50 minute mess of a cross over.
½ November 3, 2018
I enjoyed this movie a lot. Don't see why it got 20% as it is a much better movie than Alien 3 and 4 especially Alien 3 as it got less then 1/2 the score of the movie , why don't people like this?
October 21, 2018
This movie has a very bad press but is actually a really good B movie action and suspense romp. Don't go looking for a work of cinematic art. Instead check it out if you like action sci-fi and tension, and you won't be disappointed. Top of the rank in that genre.
½ October 12, 2018
Not as bad as people say it is.
October 11, 2018
One of my all time favorites. A mixture of two classic alien franchises in an action packed film. Highly recommend.
½ October 2, 2018
great sense of claustrophobia and isolation, but bad treatment of the two biggest sci-fi aliens
September 26, 2018
Ok, should have been much better!!
September 25, 2018
how to downlod tis movie
September 22, 2018
Excellent action movie. Not at the very top, but really quite good.
September 20, 2018
So bad LOL bad B movie.
½ September 20, 2018
My only complain about this movie is that the predators die to fast in it.
½ September 19, 2018
2.5/5. The first 45 minutes is very boring. The last 20 are pretty entertaining.
September 18, 2018
The joke from family guy Kramer vs predator sounded like a better movie.
September 17, 2018
Nothing amazing, but its definitely better than other movies in both the Alien and Predator franchises.
September 10, 2018
I LIKED IT. I KNOW MOST PEOPLE SEEM TO HATE IT BUT I EXPECTED NOTHING AND WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. IT'S IDEAL POP CORN VIEWING. SORRRY
September 4, 2018
Hindsight is 20/20, and so is the love of this movie as time goes on. At the time of release we can obviously see the reviews of AVP had been harsh. With Prometheus, Alien Covenant, AVP requiem, and Predators being the only movies we've seen since AVP I can wholeheartedly say that AVP stands out above most of those listed. Prometheus gave us something interesting to digest but ended up being confusing and requiring a sequel to tie loose ends. The sequel to do this was Alien Covenant which really failed on a few parts but mainly on missing the point of what we wanted to see after Prometheus and relied on the complete idiocy of an entire crew of space-colonist to move forward. Most questions were skipped over or completed eradicated right before our eyes. Predators was pretty good but added in a "more scary" version of a monster that was plenty scary and powerful to begin with. Etc. Etc.

See what I loved about AVP was that it had some of the best action out of the most recent installments to both franchises. Did the plot make sense, in some ways but there were a lot of holes. Were the characters the most remember-able? Yeah the lead Miss Woods, and Wayne, thats about it (Shout out to badass female leads!) I think the main problem is people expected this movie to tie into each franchises cannon-lore and that wasn't the aim. The point of this movie was to see Aliens and Predators duke it out to the death. The movie focused on this concept almost entirely and setup everything else to surround this concept. Badass A meets Badass B and they prove the point that Miss Woods mentioned to everyone in the beginning. How important it is to be prepared. Her preparedness to adapt and survive proved her the better of her comrades and earned her the respect she deserved. The tech the predators used was gorgeous and a much needed upgrade from the previous installments, Predator, and Predator 2. The Aliens were the antagonist in a way but I wouldn't say they were as focused on as the Predators. The sets were beautiful and the I loved the changing pyramids and some of the "wow" moments it setup. All in all I enjoy AVP each time I watch it and not because I'm a fan-boy of the lore from Alien or from Predator, but because I enjoy seeing my two favorite franchises duke it out. Its a fun movie, its not meant to be the intense thriller of either franchise but to be the answer everyone had in their minds before AVP came out, "Who would win? A Xenomorph or a Predator?"
August 23, 2018
Another dumb movie that was a huge let down, but it did at least give us a decent movie in general.
August 13, 2018
This movie could have been so much more. The plot is terrible, the cast is like nobody whatsoever anyone has ever heard of. Whyyyyyyyy
July 26, 2018
A decent addition to the Predator franchise, more like a tribute to the Alien one, which is perhaps fitting as an extension of the original nod to a crossover in Predator 2 but doesn't manage to replicate the feel of either of them. The plot is quite clever in how it gets all of the players together and the way in which it expands on the Predator mythos, but it is executed as generic blockbuster fare with many a cliché, nothing held back to build suspense and action that doesn't get the heart pounding the way it should. The mere presence of two of cinema's greatest monsters is enough to make it more interesting than it would have been if they had been original creations and some parts of their various confrontations work in a fan service kind of way. The human cast are mostly forgettable cannon fodder, but the mysteries of the impressively designed environment they are all put in is just enough to maintain interest, ultimately however, this slice of fan fiction does both of its stars a disservice.
½ July 13, 2018