American Gangster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Gangster Reviews

October 21, 2016
amazing cast and acting a little long but an awesome crime drama
½ September 28, 2016
A rare organized crime film that doesn't center around Italian Americans, featuring a intense, strong performance from Denzel Washington.
½ September 20, 2016
Filled with detail and fine performances, American Gangster is an entertaining-albeit safe-gangster film.
September 6, 2016
Russell Crowe and the supporting cast, as well as Ridley Scott's direction are all very good, but this is completely Denzel Washington's film
August 22, 2016
American Gangster is a stylish, thrilling movie with powerhouse performances from Crowe and Washington. Scott's film is mostly exceptional, aside a few pacing issues, but the acting is the main focus of the movie.
August 1, 2016
1972's The Godfather Is My Fourth Favorite Film Of All Time And 1994's Pulp Fiction Is My Seventh Favorite Film Of All Time.
½ July 26, 2016
Um, just wow. Classic along with Cassino and Goodfellas.
July 20, 2016
Even based on true events most films like this like to add more action in places but Ridley Scott focuses less on the action side on more on the story telling side, And it is told very well, With a very strong cast lead by Denzel Washington and Russel Crowe who were both fantastic, It doesn't drag as much as you think given the running time but maybe sparkles of action wouldn't of gone a miss, Having said that the ending was good and the whole tone of the film was great too, It's far from you average American drug gang films but it's up there with the best.
July 19, 2016
Slick film making from Scott with some fine central performances
July 13, 2016
An absolutely stunning movie performed by one if not, the greatest actor of all time! #denzelwashington
½ July 7, 2016
looks like the young equalizer on the wrong side of the law
June 30, 2016
Great story that only Denzel could pull off and make it believable.
June 30, 2016
great movie but it feels a little to long
June 30, 2016
Lead actors does the job easy for Ridley Scott.
My fuckin Movieeee!!!!
unbelievable performance's by Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe
Really well made film
1 title that's on my list.. got to see and every collector should have
June 30, 2016
I enjoy the inter workings of a "gangsta" and allows people to know the intelligence behind the criminal. Takes me back to Scarface, and a must have for any real movie collector.
June 30, 2016
Great true crime drama. Denzel Washington is fabulous as real life drug kingpin Frank Lucas and Russell Crowe is fantastic as Richie Roberts, the narcotics officer who brings him down and Josh Brolin is great as a slimy, crooked NYPD Officer...Ridley Scott does a great job directing so many different characters set in the 1970's...a great movie.