American Graffiti - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Graffiti Reviews

March 16, 2018
Where has this movie been all my life?
March 2, 2018
When George Lucas still had depth.
February 17, 2018
Another lost Flixster rating. 1001 movies to see before you die.
January 16, 2018
Great cast of characters and wonderful acting. They really captured the feeling and time of the late 50's. Beautiful cars in this movie. What an intersting bunch of characters. They feel real. Almost like people you know or that you grew up with. There's a nostalgic feel about it all that I love.

This movie is almost like the 50's version of Dazed & Confused. I like John's character. He seems like a cool guy, someone I'd be friends with. That Wolf Man is one funny clever son of a bitch.

I really like how the story follows different characters and keeps going back and forth. It makes for an interesting watch. Pretty unexpected semi- dark ending.

Overall, really fun movie that's both entertaining and nostalgic.
½ December 31, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

George Lucas plasma los setenta en un marcada técnica narrativa, que convierte a American Graffiti en un clásico del cine estadounidense.
½ December 29, 2017
This film gets better each time you watch it. A memorable cast and even more memorable cars
December 26, 2017

[George Lucas]
August 16, 2017
Before he made 'Star Wars', George Lucas was in his prime with one of the best teen films ever made. With classic tracks from Wolfman Jack, stunning cars, and nostalgic performances from an ensemble cast involving Richard Dreyfuss, Ron Howard and Paul Le Mat.
½ August 3, 2017
Much like Dazed and Confused or Linklater's other works, it's a window into the lives of teens in middle America for a night, only this one in the early 60s. It's an affectionate, unbiased look at the days of sock hops, drive-in's and cruising culture. It's fun enough if you like these kind of movies
½ July 2, 2017
Movie night with Iris.

This still really holds up 40+ years on, and you can see why the main stars all went onto greater things. Even Lucas going for subtle charm, before the CGI devils are his soul.
½ June 28, 2017
A movie that takes place in '62 but is stuck in the 50's. It was like a teenage soap opera over the span of one very long night and someone turned on the jukebox for non stop fifties music in the background. Eh. I suppose it's cool seeing a young Harrison Ford, Richard Dreyfuss and Ron("Ronny") Howard all together in the same movie, but honestly I wasn't all that entertained. It's decent, but not my thing really. I don't get the title honestly.. there was no graffiti here.
½ June 11, 2017
A charming and sweet coming-of-age story about the reluctance we all feel to grow up and move on. Simpler times, cooler cars, and less conveniences. Pepper in George Lucas' love for cars and evocative direction, and Eveslage & D'Alquen's technicolor cinematography, and you get a wonderful little movie that touches on the fact that teenagers, despite time and place, never change.
May 21, 2017
George Lucas' masterpiece about four graduated high school friends who spend their final night on the town before going their separate ways for college. They are immediately identifiable because they feel like real people. Ron Howard does an amazing job playing against type as a complete jerk stuck in a dysfunctional relationship with his all-too-trusting girlfriend. Richard Dreyfuss captures the what-the-hell-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-life emotions many people experience post-high school. Paul LeMat portrays a hotshot car fanatic who thinks he's a lot cooler than he really is. And finally we have Charles Martin Smith as the likeable nerdy one in the group. This film beautifully captures one night in their lives. In that time we come to love these characters, making the final scene all the more gut-wrenching.
½ April 25, 2017
American Graffiti was a film made just before my time, but watching the film brings back memories about the transition from high school to college. The script is simple but the acting and production are so effective , you may feel like a teenager again ! 3.5 stars
½ April 24, 2017
American Graffiti follows an assortment of recent high school grads as they go through one last hurrah on the last day of summer in 1962. As one would expect from the premise, the story is a coming-of-age yarn that finds its cast of various young people struggling with the life-changing decisions they're about to make at a critical moment in their lives. American Graffiti is billed as a comedy and it does have funny moments, but this movie is also as sad, confused, awkward, dramatic, painful, silly, nostalgic, and cynical as an actual adolescent can be. These qualities can be attributed to an honest script, judicious direction by George Lucas, a well-chosen roster of actors, and a soundtrack that provides a nonstop fusillade of period chart hits overseen by legendary DJ Wolfman Jack.
April 7, 2017
A funny, and bittersweet look at the lives of a group of 1960's high school graduates. With with a timeless message, and entertaining characters.
½ March 25, 2017
9.5 out of 10:

Nostalgic, funny, and relatable, American Graffiti provides a smart look at teens in the 60s.
½ March 7, 2017
A night to remember.
March 2, 2017
Great movie by all means. Fun, deep, sweet, warm. A beautiful work of art.
February 23, 2017