American Pie 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Pie 2 Reviews

½ August 19, 2018
I liked this one a bit more than the original. I thought it was funnier, more romantic, and had an incredible soundtrack. Most critics seem to disagree with me, but oh well. It is what it is. I enjoyed this film and it is good for a laugh.
July 16, 2018
Same cast similar story but more edgy. So funny
½ June 26, 2018
Did American Pie really need a sequel? The law of diminishing returns does kind-of affect the movie's quality but I still liked this sequel for what it was. A fun, raunchy teen sex comedy. Though it is annoying how 85% of the dialogue consists of sex talk. I know teens are horny but they don't just talk about wanting to screw girls all the time. Nevermind, I still like this sequel to the comedy sorta-classic even if it is unnecessary.
June 12, 2018
I have no shame admitting that this is one of my all-time favorites. It's a blast-from-the-past with a Greatest Hits collection of early 2000s punk-rock songs. I mean, the movie starts with a Blink182 song!

Sure, it's by no means a "good movie" with good acting or a good script, but who cares if you have a great time and smile throughout the whole movie? It also makes you want to party your ass off and hook up with some (presumably) lesbian ladies.

To me, it's endlessly quotable (90% are from the Stifmeister, of course), hilarious and it has a heart underneath all that raunchiness. I have watched this movie, believe it or not, more than 50 times and I will continue to do so.

With that being said, "Deck the halls, bye bye Great falls, wipe my ass and lick my balls! It's Stiffmeister time, Baby!"
½ March 1, 2018
3.5/5. American Pie 2 doesn't have much in the way of plot, but it's funny and a decent sequel to the original classic.
February 10, 2018
It's pretty much a funny rehashing of the first film except the guys are in college now, but their goals and hijinks remain the same.
½ January 26, 2018
A worthy follow up to the original. Loved it.
December 19, 2017
19/12/17 - A great sequel. Hilarity and true stories of growing up
December 12, 2017
My favorite movie at that time. 16 years later and it still makes me laugh.
½ September 25, 2017
Not as good as the first one but still a good comedy
August 26, 2017
Not a bad seq for such a silly movie
½ July 18, 2017
Still a pretty good comedy it's funny and inappropriate like the last one and surprisingly touching again.
July 17, 2017
With any sequel, you can just hope for the best and I am glad to say that American Pie 2 delivered the goods. Seann William Scott is better in this than the first, they also gave Natasha Lyonne a lot more to do. All in all, American Pie 2 is a more than satisfying sequel to an already great original.
March 20, 2017
The first of many dud sequels. Almost a step-by-step repeat of the first film
February 26, 2017
This and the first are timeless classics. These two are slightly better than the wedding and reunion. Because there young and wild in these ha. Brilliant.
February 23, 2017
"A sequel that I think is better and more funnier than the first."
½ August 28, 2016
Still very funny but not as good as the original
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
Great second part not as funny as the first but it has some gross humour but it's not all different from the first.
July 18, 2016
Very slightly below the original, but still great. It has the same aspects and humor that made the original so great.
½ July 3, 2016
not as good as the first one, but still very funny