American Pie 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Pie 2 Reviews

½ August 28, 2016
Still very funny but not as good as the original
½ July 29, 2016
Great second part not as funny as the first but it has some gross humour but it's not all different from the first.
July 18, 2016
Very slightly below the original, but still great. It has the same aspects and humor that made the original so great.
½ July 3, 2016
not as good as the first one, but still very funny
½ July 1, 2016
Not as good as the first but still it is a really good film and funny as hell.
June 30, 2016
as good as the original
June 30, 2016
Picks up right where the first part left off, AWESOMELY FUNNY! The characters are awesome in this and the acting doesn't seem can tell they had fun filming this movie. Maybe part one was slightly better but just "barely".
June 21, 2016
This movie is almost true to life as the expectation of high school friends after the first year of college. They want to get back together in the summer, talk about their college experience but also relive old times and party with friends. I think everyone can relate to this film. Again, well written and hilarious hijinks happen to the friends and everyone has to love that Stifler takes a larger role in this film as Seann William Scott really shines in this character.
May 26, 2016
Just for the sake of watching it.
½ May 23, 2016
"American Pie 2" manages to keep a lot of the things that made the first one a commercial sucess, but it's not as rewarding.
May 21, 2016
A low point in the series, but the actors chemistry is still there, and it's about as funny as the first. And they use more Stifler! It's a must watch mainly because the surrounding movies are so great!
April 25, 2016
Much like the transition from high school to college, American Pie 2 isn't as light as the original, but its slapstick gags are nearly as funny and at times, the heart-to-heart situations can be genuinely touching.
½ April 5, 2016
Watchable, but it's a tired version of the original.
½ March 4, 2016
While not as original or relateable as the first film, it is a bit funnier.
March 3, 2016
Its pretty funny sometimes. But this is when the franchise started to show its weaker elements which i was willing to ignore in the first film. But much really happens in this movie.
December 29, 2015
Not as good as the first. Great as a teenager seeing the lesbian scene and some good banter in it but not a great second film
½ December 26, 2015
Not as good as its original but definitely lived up to its roots and was a good attempt at keeping it fresh. Some new characters were introduced along with all your favourites from the original. Relationships grow and the jokes are just as funny. Another excellent movie in the franchise.
August 21, 2015
Some funny laughs here and there, sure. But all in all it just falls flat on it's face. This movie is filled with flaws, and I definitely know I'm not the target demographic, but I've definitely seen similar, yet much better films than this.
½ August 1, 2015
While it may not be as original as its predecessor, American Pie 2 brings to life some of the funniest scenes in the series (glue, lesbians, etc). Entertaining enough even while lacking originality, American Pie 2 is hilarious enough for any comedy fan.
½ July 31, 2015
I enjoyed this more than the first one. I know the originals should be the best, but I really liked this much more! The movie continues as our main characters finish up on college. It's more or less the same first movie, but the characters evolve much more. So, the guys get a cabin at the lake and want to throw the best party ever! It's not like we haven't seen that one before. But, the humor, the characters and the situations they're put in are very hilarious! Though this movie is a bit more 'gross' than the first one, it also delivers more laughs. Smooth Criminal will never be the same again... Speaking of which, the soundtrack is, again, awesome! It is very nostalgic and it made me like the movie even more. The acting is still good. The characters still have a lot of chemistry. This movie was also a more mature movie in a way. I especially liked how Jim and Michelle finally got together. Those two make for some great moments! All in all, a great comedy with lots of funny situations, again a great soundtrack and likeable characters. I would recommend this to fans of both comedy and American Pie.