American Pie 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Pie 2 Reviews

November 4, 2018
An even funnier add on to an already legendary comedy. American Pie 2 is fantastic crude humor done just right without going over anyone's heads.
November 2, 2018
Sequel del primo film, tornano i ragazzi di American Pie e ci si rimmerge nel loro mondo fatto di alcol, sesso e feste. Come nel primo ho sognato di poter vivere tutto quello con loro e a me queste cose piacciono, mi piace immaginare di vivere in un film. Film godibilissimo, mi è piaciuto anche leggermente di più del precedente.
September 25, 2018
Es geht weiter mit den spitzen Jungs aus der Schule
Die junge Clique kommen nun aufs College und der ganze Drang, mit neuen Bekanntschaften, ins Bett zu hüpfen, wird jeden Tag mehr zur Realität. Natürlich werden viele Stolpersteine und Fettnäpfchen in den Weg gestellt.
Was im ersten Teil der «American Pie» Reihe noch gelungen und witzig war, wird leider nur noch im zweiten Teil reinkopiert. Die Gags zünden nicht mehr wirklich und es bleibt recht oberflächlich und einstudiert. Bei ein paar vereinzelte kleine Gags, muss man schmunzeln, aber das ist auch schon alles. Bei vereinzelten, peinlichen Szenen, kann man gar nicht mehr lachen, sondern nur noch den Kopf schütteln.
Meine Lieblingsszene ist schon dort, wo die Jungs die Hobbylesben anmachen und sie können nur die Action der Mädchen dann ansehen, wenn die Jungs selber auch mitmachen. Das ist eine gute Situationskomik.
Fazit: Den Charme von ersten Teil ist jetzt schon völlig verpufft und man fragt sich, ist man selber auch so, in jungen Jahren drauf gewesen!?
½ August 19, 2018
I liked this one a bit more than the original. I thought it was funnier, more romantic, and had an incredible soundtrack. Most critics seem to disagree with me, but oh well. It is what it is. I enjoyed this film and it is good for a laugh.
July 16, 2018
Same cast similar story but more edgy. So funny
½ June 26, 2018
Did American Pie really need a sequel? The law of diminishing returns does kind-of affect the movie's quality but I still liked this sequel for what it was. A fun, raunchy teen sex comedy. Though it is annoying how 85% of the dialogue consists of sex talk. I know teens are horny but they don't just talk about wanting to screw girls all the time. Nevermind, I still like this sequel to the comedy sorta-classic even if it is unnecessary.
June 12, 2018
I have no shame admitting that this is one of my all-time favorites. It's a blast-from-the-past with a Greatest Hits collection of early 2000s punk-rock songs. I mean, the movie starts with a Blink182 song!

Sure, it's by no means a "good movie" with good acting or a good script, but who cares if you have a great time and smile throughout the whole movie? It also makes you want to party your ass off and hook up with some (presumably) lesbian ladies.

To me, it's endlessly quotable (90% are from the Stifmeister, of course), hilarious and it has a heart underneath all that raunchiness. I have watched this movie, believe it or not, more than 50 times and I will continue to do so.

With that being said, "Deck the halls, bye bye Great falls, wipe my ass and lick my balls! It's Stiffmeister time, Baby!"
½ March 1, 2018
3.5/5. American Pie 2 doesn't have much in the way of plot, but it's funny and a decent sequel to the original classic.
February 10, 2018
It's pretty much a funny rehashing of the first film except the guys are in college now, but their goals and hijinks remain the same.
½ January 26, 2018
A worthy follow up to the original. Loved it.
December 19, 2017
19/12/17 - A great sequel. Hilarity and true stories of growing up
December 12, 2017
My favorite movie at that time. 16 years later and it still makes me laugh.
½ September 25, 2017
Not as good as the first one but still a good comedy
August 26, 2017
Not a bad seq for such a silly movie
½ July 18, 2017
Still a pretty good comedy it's funny and inappropriate like the last one and surprisingly touching again.
July 17, 2017
With any sequel, you can just hope for the best and I am glad to say that American Pie 2 delivered the goods. Seann William Scott is better in this than the first, they also gave Natasha Lyonne a lot more to do. All in all, American Pie 2 is a more than satisfying sequel to an already great original.
March 20, 2017
The first of many dud sequels. Almost a step-by-step repeat of the first film
February 26, 2017
This and the first are timeless classics. These two are slightly better than the wedding and reunion. Because there young and wild in these ha. Brilliant.
February 23, 2017
"A sequel that I think is better and more funnier than the first."
½ August 28, 2016
Still very funny but not as good as the original