America's Sweethearts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

America's Sweethearts Reviews

½ July 4, 2017
(5.0 out of 6 stars)
When we see being in show business involves making every perspectives happy in what they see on and off the camera. When we see that we all have been captivated in what we see and hear about some people that we only want more and more when we know what we are seeing on and off the camera to see who we put in the spotlight. When we see that there is always a business in the what we want people to see when they like seeing things that we know we can turn a profit from. When many we see are involved in making those stars in the spotlight when we all want a piece of the show business pie that keeps us watching, imitating and drawn into the ups did downs that others live that we see ourselves as perfect or unperfect. When there is alot that goes in being swept into the spotlight thst we get into deeply we don't see away out or away back in when it goes wrong when our natural emotions clashes with the unnatural superficiality in what we want but can't have both. When we see that when we get into deep we see in the eyes of those who we once were, humble and unseen that we are able be ourselves and enjoy what's deep within us that made the world like us in the first place. When we see works of art that needs to be seen, show business is only in the hands if those whom can reveal a true spotlight that we don't see but others see that can reveal what we have been seeing all wrong. When we are in a business that makes others see right being all wrong but see we are being wrong in seeing right, we know we can't turn back in what others follow to only accept what others see and what we always could see all along the truth, or continue living a lie when we see some rides are over or just beginning depending on your perspective.
May 25, 2017
A lame attempt of satire. I didn't find it funny at all. It's a low point for all of the actors involved. (First viewing - Summer 2001 in theaters)
April 20, 2017
Despite the negative reviews posted here, my wife and I thought the America's Sweethearts was quite funny and very enjoyable. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.
April 3, 2017
Pleasant. Don't ask for much more. John Cusak was wonderful. Billy Crystal,, Julia Roberts good too. Nothing major, but who cares?
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 19, 2017
One of my favorite movies for years. Great movie that pokes fun at the hyped up movie star stereo type. Granted this movie may not be for everyone- the humor is satirical and it's not the ideal love story, but the acting is great and the cast really brings the story to life.
January 8, 2017
2017-01-08 good schmo
½ November 17, 2016
Such an annoying movie and somehow this movie felt so wrong.
October 26, 2016
A cute movie. Not a fan of it. Stupid at times.
½ August 28, 2016
Cute, whacky, funny. Billy Crystal and Stanley Tucci steal every scene they are in; they make the movie fun.
June 12, 2016
all i am going to say is Jones and Roberts made for the better couple in this movie.
½ August 28, 2015
I think the cast should did some tequila shots before shooting, they would be more alive than this
August 4, 2015
I've never been a fan of Christopher Walken; but Billy Crystal is a genius. The stars of this film are not John Cusack or Catherine Zeta-Jones, but everyone around them. Billy Crystal spends the film monologuing and skewering the film and celebrity industry. This is early Seth Green, before he really cut loose. Hank Azaria creates another memorable character as The Spaniard. Stanley Tucci is hilarious. So is Alan Arkin. Julia Roberts is endearing as sister Kiki. This is a neurotically wacky comedy.
June 6, 2015
Decent satire and interesting cast choice.
½ February 21, 2015
Two superstars Eddie (Jon Cusack) and Gwen (Catherine Zeta-Jones) were America's Sweethearts. They made movies together, and were married, but now they are split up, and each of them are a mess career wise. The new movie has them in it together, but in order to try to make a box office hit, Billy Crystal is forced to try and get them back together and make movie magic. This movie is trying to be a satire on Hollywood, and how actors and actresses are, but this movie was terrible. A romance starts with Julia Roberts as well for no reason, and this was just a satire on itself and Hollywood garbage.
September 30, 2014
El director Joe Roth ("Revenge Of The Nerds II", "The Animal") dirige este "chick-flick" ambientado en Hollywood, en el que una pareja famosa conformada por una actriz superficial y un actor neurótico (Catherine Zeta Jones y John Cusack) presentan múltiples reticencias para promocionar su ultima película, que a su vez no quiere ser entregada por su director (un excéntrico Christopher Walken). Billy Crystal interpreta al ejecutivo de Hollywood encargado de la promoción de la cinta y Julia Roberts a la hermana de la actriz que en secreto está enamorada del ex-esposo de su hermana (¡Yuk!). "America's Sweethearts" decide dejar de lado los teje-manejes de Hollywood para caer en la ridiculez y patetismo de la comedia romántica tradicional con muchos chistes irregulares y que desperdicia a sus actores.
August 2, 2014
Rien de nouveau, d'extraordinaire, de drôle, de triste,... Bref, nada. Rien ressenti avec ce film. Il ne se passe rien de bien excitant.
June 17, 2014
forgetable one of cusack's worst
May 1, 2014
Directed by Joe Roth (Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise (1987) and Christmas with the Kranks (2004)), and written and produced by Billy Crystal, who had also wanted to direct it, but had trouble raising the money. When he took it to Roth, then head of Revolution Studios, Roth loved it so much, he wanted to direct it, Crystal agreed. It's a good comedy, sending up Hollywood publicity. Celebrity Hollywood couple Gwen Harrison (Catherine Zeta-Jones) and Eddie Thomas (John Cusack) are known as 'America's Sweethearts', and they've made a number of films together. However, after the production of their latest film, they had a highly publicised split, and the film's eccentric director Hal Weidmann (Christopher Walken), won't show a finished cut. Publicist Lee Phillips (Crystal) sets up a press junket at a remote hotel in Nevada in an attempt to get the couple back together to help the film's success. Gwen brings along her sister and personal assistant, Kiki (Julia Roberts), and new lover Hector (Hank Azaria), which fuel's Eddie's rage. It's a funny Hollywood satire, and there seems to be all too few of them these days, but this is a fluffy, lightweight comedy rather than dealing heavily with the wheeling-dealing of Hollywood. Crystal, unsurprisingly gets all the best lines in the film, but they are very funny one-liners.
February 28, 2014
Some promise of witty satire but quickly goes from that to your average rom com with not very many likable characters