Another 48 Hrs. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Another 48 Hrs. Reviews

September 10, 2016
After a long hiatus, Nolte and Murphy return in Another 48 Hours. This time Murphy has top billing and has the film under his own production company. This time the brother of the criminal of the first film is in town hoping to get revenge on Murphy who is about to be released from prison. Nolte is trying to finger a mysterious drug dealer known as the iceman, but his career is in jeopardy as the internal affairs are after him. Another 48 Hours has some solid action scenes, but loses some of the grit of the first film.
½ August 7, 2016
Tired sequel to the 1982 action classic. The plot is ultimately the same and nothing new to add to the original.
June 8, 2016
Why does everyone hate this movie. To me this film is better than the first one. Its got better jokes and better action sequences. How could people possible say this film is terrible. When Eddie Murphy punches the Wishmaster out the window I'll admit you can easily see its a dummy that hits the water coolers. But that's the only problem I have with this movie. Another 48 Hours kicks ass and its my 7th favorite action movie.
jamrcla
½ June 4, 2016
Basically the same as the first, Nothing new or memorable, A nice twist at the end but that's it, Some ok shootouts and the onscreen chemistry between Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy was just as good as the first, Maybe critics were abit harsh but it is literally just the same for most of the movie.
½ May 24, 2016
One of the most underrated 90's sequels. I enjoyed it very much.
½ November 5, 2015
A disappointing sequel.
September 27, 2015
Brilliant movie! Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy's best movie!
½ July 4, 2015
Everything about it reeks of a studio mandated sequel . . . complete with retreading the first film, while gutting everything that made it edgy and exciting.
June 3, 2015
its not that good like the original
March 25, 2015
Wanted another 48 hours just not THIS 48 hours.
½ December 25, 2014
What a lame sequel. The summary on this page says it best: It's seems like a parody of the first film rather than a sequel.
December 16, 2014
Another waste of your time and a cheap attempt to create what little magic the first film had.
August 20, 2014
The two of them are back 7 years later and Nick Nolte needs the help of crook Eddie Murphy this time to capture the Iceman killer who is also after Murphy who stole all that money many years ago.
½ July 7, 2014
This Was OK.But This Was Hilarious.C+
March 18, 2014
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup With The Marx Brothers.
½ March 5, 2014
Another 48 Hrs. proves one thing about movies: If the first movie isn't good, then the sequel will not be good either! In fact, this movie was a great big jumble of violence, prison dues, ill-fated revenge, and hookers.
January 2, 2014
I'd want to see it again before I rate.
December 3, 2013
I love this movie :) its so funny
November 27, 2013
Another 48 Hours film lto make a bunch of money while dismissing cares of making a film that's half decent. It achieved that, but it robbed fans in the process. I guess it was worth it for the producers
November 16, 2013
I own this on DVD in a two movie pack along with:
* 48 Hrs (1982)