Apocalypse Now - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Apocalypse Now Reviews

September 16, 2017
In my list for 5 Greatest Films of All Time.
½ September 10, 2017
How did it get such a high rating? I don't know
September 5, 2017
The Total Madness of war perfectly displayed by Cpt Bill kilgore
September 2, 2017
The most worthy adaptation of Heart of Darkness and the greatest Vietnam War movie ever made.
½ August 30, 2017
A dark and haunting fictional tale about the Vietnam War offers fantastic performances and beautiful action sequences.
½ August 22, 2017
For my first time around, I thought it was extremely
Hard to follow and figure out the symbolism behind everything. I'll give it another try someday, but for now this remains in the overrated section of my
War films list
August 14, 2017
Had trouble not falling asleep throughout the entire film. Felt like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom added on to a war film and the result was awful. Didn't inspire any thought other than to get a well-earned good night's sleep as I would otherwise be wasting more of my time.
August 12, 2017
There is no denying that this classic war movie delves into some complex ideas about the horrors of war. I thought there were interesting moments and I think the movie is directed in a unique way. I also really liked the songs used in the film and the score as well. The movie builds a unique atmosphere and is worth checking out. However, I can't seem to understand why this movie is hailed as one of the greats. Unfortunately, I felt a lot of it dragged on and on and the pacing shifted constantly. The characters and direction are effective enough but overall I found the movie to be pretty slow and not really for me. I see why it is important in film history, but I have found more enjoyment from other films in this genre.
August 7, 2017
War in all its absurdity; life on the edge of a razor- movie-making at its maddening peak...
August 6, 2017
If only a fraction of what we see in 'Apocalypse Now' is an accurate depiction of the way things were during the Vietnam War, it is still hands down the most fucked-up, strange, and terrifying event in human history.
Coppola unleashed full batshit crazy mode on us here for two and half hours and the results leave me shook every single time I watch it.
This movie belongs in the horror section.
½ August 1, 2017
Very much a guy movie. Story about an army captain who gets assigned duties to track down and kill one of their own. Most of this movie is great, but it does have flaws. The narration by Sheen gets on my nerves. The ending rant by Brando wasn't good. But I do like this movie.
July 16, 2017
I bought it because of the classic status thinking it would be like full metal jacket but it wasn't even close. The only thing decent was the little time Robert Duval has on screen, most everything else is rather forgettable and makes like sense.
½ July 13, 2017
I can't stress enough that this is no doubt one of the greatest made films of all time. Everything is top notch from the directing, to the cinematography, to the acting, to the music. It is all truly some of the best you will ever see. The first two acts had me completely mind blown. Robert Duval plays the ultimate BA, Lt. Col. Kilgore, he may one of the coolest and loony characters I have ever met. This is no doubt Martin Sheen's greatest performance. I have never seen him get so deep into a character the way he does as Capt. Willard. This movie is emotional and is filled with tension throughout. The third act however is for me where the movie took a turn I wasn't expecting. It got really slow and Marlon Brando as the insane Col. Kurtz was just not what I expected him to be. Overall though this is one of the greatest films of all time and will continue to be apart of our pop culture for a long long time!
June 26, 2017
In the 1970s Francis Ford Coppola directed four of the best films of the 20th century: The first two Godfather movies, The Conversation and Apocalypse Now. From this canon of work my favorite is Apocalypse Now.

This is a collision of sound, image, and obsession. The horror of war and the need to commit to that horror is the theme. After it's over it will echo in your mind... forever and ever.
½ June 23, 2017
Pure & simple, a stunner. Nightmarishly brilliant
June 23, 2017
10 out of 10:

With spectacular cinematography, great performance, and really intense moments, Apocalypse Now just might be the best Vietnam film ever made.
June 11, 2017
6-8-2017.

12-24-2013. Original rating for Redux (Jan. 30, 2010: 4/5).
June 8, 2017
As an action, war and drama movie package, it delivers a brilliant experience into the twilight zone of this war portrayed by great actors.
June 3, 2017
I've heard many great things about this film.
May 21, 2017
Grade - B+
Magnificent cinematography, fantastic direction and interesting themes make 'Apocalypse Now' a thought-provoking slice of cinema; even if it is ultimately a tad too long.