Apocalypse Now - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Apocalypse Now Reviews

December 3, 2017
Wow, this movie sticks with you..
November 23, 2017
One of the most powerful journeys ever explored in film. Where 2001: A Space Odyssey takes us on a cerebral ride into our humanity and the universe itself, Apocalypse Now takes us into ourselves, searching for depths that were not meant to be seen, unmasking the primal evil that exists inside all of us.
November 15, 2017
Quite interesting from a philosophical stance. Also very visually appealing for a movie of its time.
October 31, 2017
Fuck, man, this is better than Disneyland!
October 29, 2017
Great movie , way way better than the redux cut, watch this cut, don't watch the redux cut.
October 23, 2017
Apocalypse Now: Francis Ford Coppola's aboaulte war masterpeice. Beautful cinematography, intensly crafted and thought provoking message about the haunting hallucinatory insantiy of war makes Apocalypse Now a war masterpeice.
October 14, 2017
Great story but very orolonged
October 13, 2017
The best movie ever.
October 11, 2017
An instant classic, I wish the ending was a tad different but when can I complain when Marlon Brando is magnetic on screen as well as pretty much the entire cast. Filled with a rich story with much deeper themes running though it, some intense sequences of action and kidnap, and of course very quotable lines such as "Charlie don't surf!"
½ October 1, 2017
Martin Sheen just LOOKING at the camera a lot; if you said to yourself "I wish there were more movies with martin Sheen just LOOKING at the CAMERA, then this is for you. Dennis Hopper play oddball weirdo hippy type saying spacey things. (like always). Then there are various grand visuals after grand visuals. And then Martin Sheen kills marlon brando at the end,Brando is bald.
September 29, 2017
Definitely overrated. Mostly boring. I don't see anything in it that is entertaining or memorable.
September 25, 2017
Apocalypse now is a fantastic movie directed by the legendary director Francis Ford Coppola starring the great actors Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando and other great actors. It's a great movie with a great cast. Francis Ford Coppola really shows the audience that war is a living hell and that it's absolutely terrible to witness. This Vietnam War classic is a very audacious and stunning movie that is a must watch!
September 16, 2017
In my list for 5 Greatest Films of All Time.
½ September 10, 2017
How did it get such a high rating? I don't know
September 5, 2017
The Total Madness of war perfectly displayed by Cpt Bill kilgore
September 2, 2017
The most worthy adaptation of Heart of Darkness and the greatest Vietnam War movie ever made.
½ August 30, 2017
A dark and haunting fictional tale about the Vietnam War offers fantastic performances and beautiful action sequences.
½ August 22, 2017
For my first time around, I thought it was extremely
Hard to follow and figure out the symbolism behind everything. I'll give it another try someday, but for now this remains in the overrated section of my
War films list
August 14, 2017
Had trouble not falling asleep throughout the entire film. Felt like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom added on to a war film and the result was awful. Didn't inspire any thought other than to get a well-earned good night's sleep as I would otherwise be wasting more of my time.
August 12, 2017
There is no denying that this classic war movie delves into some complex ideas about the horrors of war. I thought there were interesting moments and I think the movie is directed in a unique way. I also really liked the songs used in the film and the score as well. The movie builds a unique atmosphere and is worth checking out. However, I can't seem to understand why this movie is hailed as one of the greats. Unfortunately, I felt a lot of it dragged on and on and the pacing shifted constantly. The characters and direction are effective enough but overall I found the movie to be pretty slow and not really for me. I see why it is important in film history, but I have found more enjoyment from other films in this genre.