Armageddon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Armageddon Reviews

June 12, 2017
Non serve certo una laurea in astrofisica per notare tutti i problemi e il poco realismo costante lungo tutto il film, pieno di cliché e luoghi comuni tipici di questo discusso regista. Come in altri suoi film il rapporto tra i due fidanzati e il padre cerca di aggiungere del melodramma alla narrazione, fallendo miseramente in qualcosa che ben presto diventa frustrante e fuori luogo. Ho trovato ben fatte le presentazioni dei molti personaggi, che dimostrano a gran voce tutta la loro convenzionalità. Sono riuscito ad apprezzare invece la trama, esagerata come poche. Sappiamo tutti che siamo davanti ad un'opera di finzione, e, seppure estrema e poco realistica, spegnendo il cervello e sorvolando sui vari problemi si riesce ad apprezzare il film per quello che è. Forse è questa la formula magica per i film di Michael Bay, e arrivati a questo punto non riesco a capire se sia un pregio o un difetto.
June 6, 2017
It's all about Space it's not interesting that me having to deal with astronauts and being out in Space
May 23, 2017
True cheese but it's great action and adrenaline ride.
April 9, 2017
This is a great movie expecially for its time back in 1998 if you have not seen this movie I strongly suggest you watch it very entertaining funny keep your attention the whole way
March 20, 2017
The idea was good, but the execution was poor. Affleck and Tyler should have been cut out completely, and of course - Bay's terrible storytelling and character development techniques are all evident to see. Great theme tune though, and Billy Bob Thornton gives a good enough performance.
March 5, 2017
My guilty pleasure. ??
February 20, 2017
can't remember haven't seen since I was 5
February 12, 2017
i would say this is one of the good film michael bay made before the transformers sequles
February 8, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
It's a fun good time, but I wish that Bay should have stuck with one tone, since he thought he could try to have a couple different kinds of things working against each other. Liv Tyler was pretty pointless, since all she ever does but stand around with that stupid look on her face!
½ January 18, 2017
With a weak script which with the help of an overextension in time, Armageddon bring to us a different story that can't transmit any pleasure or interesting to the spectator because of his dumb (not clever) script and predictable narrative. Good cast, great visual effects and good song choices.
½ January 15, 2017
What a piece of rap movie. I remember liking this film when it was released but now watching it almost 20 years later and this time being an adult it's awful. Bad acting and bad story. It's just stupid.
½ January 14, 2017
I laughed, I cried, and I don't believe the score is so low for this.

Listen: I get that it's preposterous, unscientific, and 90% of the movie could never happen. That being said, it's highly entertaining and even original in its own way. The most impressive part is that the characters are developed enough for me to actually care about what happens to them. That's rare in this type of movie.
January 13, 2017
Dramatic, incredibly sad, maybe slightly too long but very good.
December 22, 2016
Full of special effects, an exceptional cast and a soundtrack that won the film as one of science fiction blockbuster of the moment
½ December 12, 2016
Has everything u could want in a movie!
December 10, 2016
The interesting concept is about the only thing keeping me from shutting off my TV right now.

With Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, I thought we'd be watching a pretty solid film tonight. I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I was entertained at a couple points. But Michael Bay's cheap thrills and generic Hollywood plot tricks were endlessly frustrating. Just when you thought you'd seen it all, another "Deus Ex Machina" happens.

Film leaves a bad taste in mouth. Maybe I need to start watching independent films that aren't motivated as much by revenue.
October 16, 2016
You wouldn't think this film was the best part of 20 years old. Way ahead of its time. Amazing in Blu Ray.
½ October 12, 2016
Forget what the critics have told you about Armageddon. Just rent it and watch it. It rocks!
½ August 17, 2016
Now I love movies, I really enjoy action movies, but this....Oh my! This IS one of the worst movies of all times. Mindbogglingly dumb, full of cliches and a meaningless ending. Why so many people adore this waste of time and money, I'll never understand.
A typical Bay-affair. Still waiting for him to just release a movie with 90 minutes of just explosions!