Armageddon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Armageddon Reviews

March 20, 2017
The idea was good, but the execution was poor. Affleck and Tyler should have been cut out completely, and of course - Bay's terrible storytelling and character development techniques are all evident to see. Great theme tune though, and Billy Bob Thornton gives a good enough performance.
March 5, 2017
My guilty pleasure. ??
February 20, 2017
can't remember haven't seen since I was 5
February 12, 2017
i would say this is one of the good film michael bay made before the transformers sequles
February 8, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
It's a fun good time, but I wish that Bay should have stuck with one tone, since he thought he could try to have a couple different kinds of things working against each other. Liv Tyler was pretty pointless, since all she ever does but stand around with that stupid look on her face!
½ January 18, 2017
With a weak script which with the help of an overextension in time, Armageddon bring to us a different story that can't transmit any pleasure or interesting to the spectator because of his dumb (not clever) script and predictable narrative. Good cast, great visual effects and good song choices.
½ January 15, 2017
What a piece of rap movie. I remember liking this film when it was released but now watching it almost 20 years later and this time being an adult it's awful. Bad acting and bad story. It's just stupid.
½ January 14, 2017
I laughed, I cried, and I don't believe the score is so low for this.

Listen: I get that it's preposterous, unscientific, and 90% of the movie could never happen. That being said, it's highly entertaining and even original in its own way. The most impressive part is that the characters are developed enough for me to actually care about what happens to them. That's rare in this type of movie.
January 13, 2017
Dramatic, incredibly sad, maybe slightly too long but very good.
December 22, 2016
Full of special effects, an exceptional cast and a soundtrack that won the film as one of science fiction blockbuster of the moment
½ December 12, 2016
Has everything u could want in a movie!
December 10, 2016
The interesting concept is about the only thing keeping me from shutting off my TV right now.

With Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, I thought we'd be watching a pretty solid film tonight. I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I was entertained at a couple points. But Michael Bay's cheap thrills and generic Hollywood plot tricks were endlessly frustrating. Just when you thought you'd seen it all, another "Deus Ex Machina" happens.

Film leaves a bad taste in mouth. Maybe I need to start watching independent films that aren't motivated as much by revenue.
October 16, 2016
You wouldn't think this film was the best part of 20 years old. Way ahead of its time. Amazing in Blu Ray.
½ October 12, 2016
Forget what the critics have told you about Armageddon. Just rent it and watch it. It rocks!
½ August 17, 2016
Now I love movies, I really enjoy action movies, but this....Oh my! This IS one of the worst movies of all times. Mindbogglingly dumb, full of cliches and a meaningless ending. Why so many people adore this waste of time and money, I'll never understand.
A typical Bay-affair. Still waiting for him to just release a movie with 90 minutes of just explosions!
½ August 9, 2016
good movie steve omg good job
August 9, 2016
loved it, it really is a great film
½ August 8, 2016
Armageddon has plenty of explosions, but also characters you don't care about in a movie that should be an hour shorter. Bay tries to deliver an emotional finale but just comes off as incredibly cheesy and out of place in an otherwise dull story.
August 8, 2016
It's Scientifically inaccurate but if you love brainless action movies it delivers the adrenaline pumping goods and for that you can appreciate.