Armageddon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Armageddon Reviews

July 24, 2017
The definition of a popcorn blockbuster, made even more memorable by the pairing with Aerosmith's hit single "I don't want to miss a thing". Love or hate, it's hard to forget this as one of the standouts of the 90's.
July 24, 2017
THEATRICAL CUT

Bay excels with an outrageous and ridiculous action adventure epic that is so over the top and stupid, it just works perfectly. Willis doesn't necessarily have the emotional range or the chops for such a role but works incredibly well with the comedic tone. The supporting cast are brilliant, all add such a wonderful overall dynamic, especially that of Buscemi who is truly terrific. Affleck and Tyler have great chemistry but the latter isn't used nowhere near enough, only used in quick edits of crocodile tears. The action itself is incredibly stupid and dumb but works well, not taking itself seriously. The score and soundtrack is brilliant, especially with the now iconic Aerosmith classic.
July 20, 2017
Great doomsday movie. Really enjoyed the comedy, with some amazing actors.
½ July 5, 2017
Armageddon features great acting and special effects, but the science behind the movie does not work.
July 2, 2017
I don't know how people rate this movies, but

this is a clasic and it is one of the best movies ever
June 26, 2017
I frankly don't understand the negative critical response to Armageddon. This film had been a bucket list movie of mine to watch for many years now. Although I do believe the film was too lengthy and could have been chopped down a bit, it had visuals that were ahead of its time for a 1998 sci-fi movie. The cast was awkward together at times, though Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler gave the best performances.
June 12, 2017
Non serve certo una laurea in astrofisica per notare tutti i problemi e il poco realismo costante lungo tutto il film, pieno di cliché e luoghi comuni tipici di questo discusso regista. Come in altri suoi film il rapporto tra i due fidanzati e il padre cerca di aggiungere del melodramma alla narrazione, fallendo miseramente in qualcosa che ben presto diventa frustrante e fuori luogo. Ho trovato ben fatte le presentazioni dei molti personaggi, che dimostrano a gran voce tutta la loro convenzionalità. Sono riuscito ad apprezzare invece la trama, esagerata come poche. Sappiamo tutti che siamo davanti ad un'opera di finzione, e, seppure estrema e poco realistica, spegnendo il cervello e sorvolando sui vari problemi si riesce ad apprezzare il film per quello che è. Forse è questa la formula magica per i film di Michael Bay, e arrivati a questo punto non riesco a capire se sia un pregio o un difetto.
June 6, 2017
It's all about Space it's not interesting that me having to deal with astronauts and being out in Space
May 23, 2017
True cheese but it's great action and adrenaline ride.
April 9, 2017
This is a great movie expecially for its time back in 1998 if you have not seen this movie I strongly suggest you watch it very entertaining funny keep your attention the whole way
March 20, 2017
The idea was good, but the execution was poor. Affleck and Tyler should have been cut out completely, and of course - Bay's terrible storytelling and character development techniques are all evident to see. Great theme tune though, and Billy Bob Thornton gives a good enough performance.
March 5, 2017
My guilty pleasure. ??
February 20, 2017
can't remember haven't seen since I was 5
February 12, 2017
i would say this is one of the good film michael bay made before the transformers sequles
February 8, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
It's a fun good time, but I wish that Bay should have stuck with one tone, since he thought he could try to have a couple different kinds of things working against each other. Liv Tyler was pretty pointless, since all she ever does but stand around with that stupid look on her face!
½ January 18, 2017
With a weak script which with the help of an overextension in time, Armageddon bring to us a different story that can't transmit any pleasure or interesting to the spectator because of his dumb (not clever) script and predictable narrative. Good cast, great visual effects and good song choices.
½ January 15, 2017
What a piece of rap movie. I remember liking this film when it was released but now watching it almost 20 years later and this time being an adult it's awful. Bad acting and bad story. It's just stupid.
½ January 14, 2017
I laughed, I cried, and I don't believe the score is so low for this.

Listen: I get that it's preposterous, unscientific, and 90% of the movie could never happen. That being said, it's highly entertaining and even original in its own way. The most impressive part is that the characters are developed enough for me to actually care about what happens to them. That's rare in this type of movie.
January 13, 2017
Dramatic, incredibly sad, maybe slightly too long but very good.