Armageddon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Armageddon Reviews

½ April 23, 2018
No sabía cómo se lo había tomado la crítica y ver esa baja calificación me hace replanteármelo todo: darle más puntuación. Puede que a veces aporte más allá de lo que puede y le salga regular, pero ese final...
½ April 8, 2018
Thought provoking and beautiful.
February 20, 2018
Armageddon with Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Will Patton, Liv Tyler, Michael Clarke Duncan, Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare is one of the great action adventure films ever! 4/4
January 31, 2018
Great plot, special effects and cast. Great mix of drama, action, comedy and romance.
January 28, 2018
AWESOME, BUT SAD MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 23, 2018
Perfect in every way.
January 6, 2018
Well, looking back at this its impossible not to immediately recognize this as a Michael Bay Flavored Film. From head to toe it is dripping with his signature overbearing style. If you can manage to tolerate that,this is actually a pretty good film, at least on the surface. I just wish so many of Bay's outlandish style choices such as color filters and spinning extreme camera angles were less obvious. Even his characters all have that same sorta feel. That range from a die hard flag waving cowboy to a total cartoon adult with catchy 1 liners. Not so much a good thing in this instance. The movie is enjoyable for the most part but again its that same edge of your seat, end of the world, last second hail mary type of stuff that starts to come across as too ambitious for its own good. Having said that, there's definitely excitement to be had and fun things through out, but it feels like a one time watch. The second time around it looses its effectiveness and just comes across as a Michael Bay ego piece.
December 30, 2017
Bruce is amazing and AJ is perfect
December 27, 2017
I loved this movie, it is one of my favorite of all time and I don't know what is wrong with the critics but the audience score shows that this is a great movie
½ November 19, 2017
I liked Armageddon so much that three days later I was back on theater for another session of its mix of space, adventure, Bay action style, soundtrack, charismatic cast and destruction on a scale that almost rivalled Independence Day.
½ November 1, 2017
The last Michael Bay movie I ever tried to watch. Just painful.
October 29, 2017
Despite way too much editing and meaningless action, there are some pleasant characterizations in Armageddon. There is a questionable fine line between seriousness and over the top here.
½ September 5, 2017
I seen the first 30 mins of this..it was....okay
July 24, 2017
The definition of a popcorn blockbuster, made even more memorable by the pairing with Aerosmith's hit single "I don't want to miss a thing". Love or hate, it's hard to forget this as one of the standouts of the 90's.
July 24, 2017
THEATRICAL CUT

Bay excels with an outrageous and ridiculous action adventure epic that is so over the top and stupid, it just works perfectly. Willis doesn't necessarily have the emotional range or the chops for such a role but works incredibly well with the comedic tone. The supporting cast are brilliant, all add such a wonderful overall dynamic, especially that of Buscemi who is truly terrific. Affleck and Tyler have great chemistry but the latter isn't used nowhere near enough, only used in quick edits of crocodile tears. The action itself is incredibly stupid and dumb but works well, not taking itself seriously. The score and soundtrack is brilliant, especially with the now iconic Aerosmith classic.
July 20, 2017
Great doomsday movie. Really enjoyed the comedy, with some amazing actors.
½ July 5, 2017
Armageddon features great acting and special effects, but the science behind the movie does not work.
July 2, 2017
I don't know how people rate this movies, but

this is a clasic and it is one of the best movies ever
June 26, 2017
I frankly don't understand the negative critical response to Armageddon. This film had been a bucket list movie of mine to watch for many years now. Although I do believe the film was too lengthy and could have been chopped down a bit, it had visuals that were ahead of its time for a 1998 sci-fi movie. The cast was awkward together at times, though Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler gave the best performances.
June 12, 2017
Non serve certo una laurea in astrofisica per notare tutti i problemi e il poco realismo costante lungo tutto il film, pieno di cliché e luoghi comuni tipici di questo discusso regista. Come in altri suoi film il rapporto tra i due fidanzati e il padre cerca di aggiungere del melodramma alla narrazione, fallendo miseramente in qualcosa che ben presto diventa frustrante e fuori luogo. Ho trovato ben fatte le presentazioni dei molti personaggi, che dimostrano a gran voce tutta la loro convenzionalità. Sono riuscito ad apprezzare invece la trama, esagerata come poche. Sappiamo tutti che siamo davanti ad un'opera di finzione, e, seppure estrema e poco realistica, spegnendo il cervello e sorvolando sui vari problemi si riesce ad apprezzare il film per quello che è. Forse è questa la formula magica per i film di Michael Bay, e arrivati a questo punto non riesco a capire se sia un pregio o un difetto.