Armageddon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Armageddon Reviews

½ January 18, 2017
With a weak script which with the help of an overextension in time, Armageddon bring to us a different story that can't transmit any pleasure or interesting to the spectator because of his dumb (not clever) script and predictable narrative. Good cast, great visual effects and good song choices.
½ January 15, 2017
What a piece of rap movie. I remember liking this film when it was released but now watching it almost 20 years later and this time being an adult it's awful. Bad acting and bad story. It's just stupid.
½ January 14, 2017
I laughed, I cried, and I don't believe the score is so low for this.

Listen: I get that it's preposterous, unscientific, and 90% of the movie could never happen. That being said, it's highly entertaining and even original in its own way. The most impressive part is that the characters are developed enough for me to actually care about what happens to them. That's rare in this type of movie.
January 13, 2017
Dramatic, incredibly sad, maybe slightly too long but very good.
December 22, 2016
Full of special effects, an exceptional cast and a soundtrack that won the film as one of science fiction blockbuster of the moment
½ December 12, 2016
Has everything u could want in a movie!
December 10, 2016
The interesting concept is about the only thing keeping me from shutting off my TV right now.

With Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, I thought we'd be watching a pretty solid film tonight. I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I was entertained at a couple points. But Michael Bay's cheap thrills and generic Hollywood plot tricks were endlessly frustrating. Just when you thought you'd seen it all, another "Deus Ex Machina" happens.

Film leaves a bad taste in mouth. Maybe I need to start watching independent films that aren't motivated as much by revenue.
October 16, 2016
You wouldn't think this film was the best part of 20 years old. Way ahead of its time. Amazing in Blu Ray.
½ October 12, 2016
Forget what the critics have told you about Armageddon. Just rent it and watch it. It rocks!
½ August 17, 2016
Now I love movies, I really enjoy action movies, but this....Oh my! This IS one of the worst movies of all times. Mindbogglingly dumb, full of cliches and a meaningless ending. Why so many people adore this waste of time and money, I'll never understand.
A typical Bay-affair. Still waiting for him to just release a movie with 90 minutes of just explosions!
½ August 9, 2016
good movie steve omg good job
August 9, 2016
loved it, it really is a great film
½ August 8, 2016
Armageddon has plenty of explosions, but also characters you don't care about in a movie that should be an hour shorter. Bay tries to deliver an emotional finale but just comes off as incredibly cheesy and out of place in an otherwise dull story.
August 8, 2016
It's Scientifically inaccurate but if you love brainless action movies it delivers the adrenaline pumping goods and for that you can appreciate.
½ August 2, 2016
Agreeably stupid on almost every level - and the acting certainly isn't something to marvel over - Armageddon does not contain enough substance to make it commendable; but somewhere within the madness a pleasurable experience comes out and you feel better after you've seen it. Especially in comparison to the other 'dumber' 90s end of the world movies, it really isn't that bad at all.
Verdict: B-
½ July 28, 2016
I'm fairly tolerant of junk, but I hate this film. Spending time watching this is like being trapped with an ADD addled teenage boy who can never complete a thought before moving onto the next one. Bay has no concept of how to cut a movie in a fashion that allows the viewer's brain to process transitions between unrelated scenes ... or at least he doesn't care about constructing his movie in a coherent fashion. There's a point in this film where Willis has to go round up his crew of guys to tell them about the whole asteroid drilling thing. Although no more than a couple of days could have passed since he left them on his oil rig, they are now all around the world doing different things (Ben Affleck has apparently started up his own company 2 days after being fired.) The sequence that shows them all living their own version of the high life between jobs is an extended nightmare summoned from the dumb-ass delusions of an adolescent boy's idea of how the world works. That a 30 year old man committed this to film is ... astonishing.
jamrcla
½ July 25, 2016
Alright but couldn't watch it again, More of a drama than a disaster movie, Overrated and only really remembered for the soundtrack in my eyes.
½ July 25, 2016
7/24/16 This film is almost 20 years old now, but I had never seen it. It was obviously ground breaking with it's effects at the time because it didn't feel dated to me. The overall concept of the movie is pretty cool. The overall story though is fairly mundane. Not too many surprises... it is pretty formulaic. Still, I felt like I had to see it because it is so well known.
½ July 19, 2016
After the thousandth plot hole it became genuinely hard to watch.
July 15, 2016
When Earth is in danger from a giant Asteroid, a driller named Harry Stamper is brought on to drill a hole into the Asteroid so they can put a nuke in it to destroy it. Armageddon is a fun film with stunning visual effects and memorable performances, but the film is overbloated with drama and is very unintelligent.